jr10

set for interview question

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi! visajourney! i need your help as soon as possible.. On may 8, 2012 my case number from NVC forwarded to manila embassy that day.. I told my fiancee to set an online apointment interview on may 30, 2012 while our packet still on the way to manila.. When she set her interview online, instead of may 30,2012 she accidentally press the may 21, 2012 interview date which is to close when the NVC sent our case number to manila embassy.. On the online apointment she receive a confirmation interview date.. Our problem now is if incase the manila embassy hasn't receive our case yet.. What will i do now? Do you think our case has been there by the time of her interview? im worried now because i might think that if incase she will go for her interview without the case yet.. i remember what other people told me about online apointment set for interview, they said it appears not in our system yet if it's not in their system yet.. But when my fiancee scheduled online apointment, she received a confirmation on her email about the date of her interview.. Do you think, they already receive in manila our case number? any advice? i called manila yesterday may 13,2012 to follow up if they received my case number from NVC i spoke to an operator, and they said it's not in our system yet.. isn't you cannot make online apointment if they didn't receive your case? why when my fiancee set an interview apointment online, she receive a confirmation on her email about date of her interview.. do you think the operator is giving wrong information for us? what will i do now? any advice ASAP thank you!

Edited by jr10

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi! visajourney! i need your help as soon as possible.. On may 8, 2012 my case number from NVC forwarded to manila embassy that day.. I told my fiancee to set an online apointment interview on may 30, 2012 while our packet still on the way to manila.. When she set her interview online, instead of may 30,2012 she accidentally press the may 21, 2012 interview date which is to close when the NVC sent our case number to manila embassy.. On the online apointment she receive a confirmation interview date.. Our problem now is if incase the manila embassy hasn't receive our case yet.. What will i do now? Do you think our case has been there by the time of her interview? im worried now because i might think that if incase she will go for her interview without the case yet.. i remember what other people told me about online apointment set for interview, they said it appears not in our system yet if it's not in their system yet.. But when my fiancee scheduled online apointment, she received a confirmation on her email about the date of her interview.. Do you think, they already receive in manila our case number? any advice? i called manila yesterday may 13,2012 to follow up if they received my case number from NVC i spoke to an operator, and they said it's not in our system yet.. isn't you cannot make online apointment if they didn't receive your case? why when my fiancee set an interview apointment online, she receive a confirmation on her email about date of her interview.. do you think the operator is giving wrong information for us? what will i do now? any advice ASAP thank you!

Just have her go online and reschedule the interview to a more convenient date. Most interviews should be at least 3 weeks out anyway. She need to get her medical done minimum one week before the interview date in order for the Embassy to receive her medical results. If you need some links for the interview preparation packet and Saint Lukes medical exam information and online registration they are below. Good luck. Make sure she has eveything that is required in the inerview preparation packet and that you sent her an I-134 with out original signature, IRS transcripts, W2's, 6 month most recenty paycheck stubs, letter of employment verification from you employer with your yearly pay and hire date, letter from bank, etcccc. Some of this may be over kill, but better to have more than enough than for them to stop the issuing of the VISA until you have other documents that they could ask for. Good luck.

http://www.slec.ph/us-visa-applicants.shtml#required-docs

http://www.slec.ph/us/registration/

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1348:fiancee-spouses-and-other-partners-of-foreign-nationals&catid=140

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/19452/public/Revised%20K1%20Instruction%20Packet%20_3__rtf2_005.pdf

You can make an interview when you have your case number. If you read here, you understand that many people set their interview once they have their case number from NVC. Therefore, they are not waiting for it to reach the embassy so yes, you can schedule your interview before it reaches the embassy. If Manila doesn't have it yet, keep calling until they do and reschedule your appointment. You might be able to reschedule your appointment online as this link from the US Embassy Manila informs. This page will give you a number and the website you visited before to schedule your appointment. Please revisit the contact page and make contact if necessary here

Edited by ToddnJessa

Our K-1 and AOS Journey

05/12-05/22/10-met my sweetheart and family(had lots of fun!)
12/13-12/26/11-met again for engagement/Christmas
04/10/12-I-129F petition sent
04/13/12-USPS delivery confirmation
04/18/12-NOA1 text/email
04/21/12-NOA1(receipt 04/17/12)
10/10/12-NOA2 text
10/15/12-NOA2 letter received
10/27/12-NVC letter received
11/28/12-Medical Exam-PASSED
12/07/12-K-1 Interview-APPROVED

02/12/13-POE-Atlanta
03/04/13-Wedding
03/27/13-AOS,EAD,AP delivered
04/03/13-NOAs text/email
04/08/13-NOAs received
04/26/13-Biometrics appointment(walk-in done 04/17)

06/03/13-EAD card production/AP post decision approval

06/10/13-EAD/AP combo card received

04/04/14-AOS card production/decision

04/11/14-NOA2 welcome to the USA

04/12/14-Received GC

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

You're really over thinking this -- you have the MNL # and the appointment is set. But if you want to reschedule based on what is convenient for you, then do so, but there is no need to worry if Manila will have the case by the interview date -- they will have it.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

You can reschedule the interview date, but don't worry about them having the packet, it will be there (they already have an electronic copy) by inteview time. It may be a rush to get the medical done unless your fiancee is in the Manila area. If she is in the area and you are comfortable with getting the medical done, then just leave things as they are.

Here is some (hopefully) helpful info:

After NOA2 AND YOU HAVE YOUR MNL #

(open all of these links then save them to your bookmarks so you have them for easy access)

Embassy:

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/19452/public/Revised%20K1%20Instruction%20Packet%20_3__rtf2_003.pdf

The DS-156 can be difficult to complete sometimes, if you have issues try a different web browser. I had problems getting it to print with IE8, Chrome, Firefox, finally got it to print using Safari.

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/

When scheduling online with the embassy you need to include the "XX" at the beginning of the passport number.

Make sure to print two copies of the interview confirmation page as you will need one for St. Luke's and the other for the embassy.

St. Luke's:

http://www.slec.ph/us-visa-applicants.shtml#required-docs

http://www.slec.ph/us/registration/

Have copies of passport bio page, confirmation page from scheduling interview online at embassy, and of course the 2X2 photos.

CFO:

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1348:fiancee-spouses-and-other-partners-of-foreign-nationals&catid=140#ThirdA

Required documents & "OTHER DOCUMENTS" they ask for at CFO: copies of; CENOMAR, certified birth certificate, bio page of passport, visa page from passport, pictures together, from USC - bio page of passport, birth certificate, divorce decree (if been married before) are the most common. The "other documents" clause can be ANYTHING with those nit-wits at CFO.

** From the Family Code of the Philippines: it's 21-25 for advice and 18-21 for consent.

Art. 14. In case either or both of the contracting parties, not having been emancipated by a previous marriage, are between the ages of eighteen and twenty-one, they shall, in addition to the requirements of the preceding articles, exhibit to the local civil registrar, the consent to their marriage of their father, mother, surviving parent or guardian, or persons having legal charge of them, in the order mentioned. Such consent shall be manifested in writing by the interested party, who personally appears before the proper local civil registrar, or in the form of an affidavit made in the presence of two witnesses and attested before any official authorized by law to administer oaths. The personal manifestation shall be recorded in both applications for marriage license, and the affidavit, if one is executed instead, shall be attached to said applications. (61a)

Art. 15. Any contracting party between the age of twenty-one and twenty-five shall be obliged to ask their parents or guardian for advice upon the intended marriage. If they do not obtain such advice, or if it be unfavorable, the marriage license shall not be issued till after three months following the completion of the publication of the application therefor.A sworn statement by the contracting parties to the effect that such advice has been sought,together with the written advice given, if any, shall be attached to the application for marriage license. Should the parents or guardian refuse to give any advice, this fact shall be stated in the sworn statement.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.