dave & joy

ems has our package!

6 members have voted

1. 1. How soon do you guess we will get it after EMS says it is received?

• 1-2 days
    • 3-4 days
    • 4-7 days
    • more then one week!

13 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

How soon do you guess we will get it after EMS website says....

Your item was collected(City of Guangzhou) at 2012-05-14 10:32:00

Update

2012-05-14  10:32:00 City of Guangzhou  Posting   2012-05-14  17:46:00 City of Guangzhou  Despatch from Sorting Center  

Timeline

it depends on where the final delivery point is.

if she stayed in Guangzhou, then she's gonna pick up at the special EMS post office. So that notice that it arrived somewhere, well, the package arrived there yesterday.

Where's the expected 'final delivery point' ?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

it depends on where the final delivery point is.

if she stayed in Guangzhou, then she's gonna pick up at the special EMS post office. So that notice that it arrived somewhere, well, the package arrived there yesterday.

Where's the expected 'final delivery point' ?

Got it today and the delivery person wanted another 68rmb

Ems is the worst in china but at least we got it

Timeline

I agree, EMS is terrible. When I got a package through them they charged me 25 RMB for alerting me that I would need to go to the customs office to pick it up where I needed to pay another storage fee. They didn't even deliver the package.

Nothing to do, the embassy makes you use them. Congrats on getting your visa!

Edited by foofurrah

Sept 9, 2011: NOA1

March 16, 2012: NOA2

April 10, 2012: NVC Case Number Assigned, AOS Invoice Received

April 11, 2012: OPTIN for EP with DS-3032 sent, AOS bill paid

April 12, 2012: AOS Package Sent

April 17, 2012: IV Bill invoiced, paid

April 19, 2012: IV package sent

April 20, 2012: Checklist for AOS asking for letter of employment, response sent

April 23, 2012: Letter approving DS-230, False checklist for AOS checklist

May 1, 2012: Appointment Letter Received (for May 23rd)

May 22, 2012: Interview canceled pending further medical tests

July 15, 2012: New Appointment letter Received

August 1, 2012: Interview, Approved

Timeline

The consulate uses a cash on delivery method for shipping EMS, where YOU pay the fee, and THEY mail the package. They say that makes it more convenient for us. What I don't understand is why it costs twice as much to receive the package form them as it does to send it.

Timeline

so, no telling on the final delivery point (ie, which city?)

OK! Sorry, I seem a bit dense. with more info , i can be less dense.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

so, no telling on the final delivery point (ie, which city?)

OK! Sorry, I seem a bit dense. with more info , i can be less dense.

Shijiazhuang Hebei Provence not far from Beijing but that's for now. On the 25th we go to Beijing and on the 28th we fly for home!

Before you ask home is Covington Louisiana,near New Orleans.

Edited by dave & joy

Timeline

ok - so a 'land jump' from Guangzhou to just outside of BeiJing -

back on the first question - my answer would have been 3 to 7 days.

Good luck on the pond jump!!

Congratulations and stuff !

Timeline

ok - so a 'land jump' from Guangzhou to just outside of BeiJing -

back on the first question - my answer would have been 3 to 7 days.

Good luck on the pond jump!!

Congratulations and stuff !

Is EMS safe and guaranteed package will be delivered? Will they call before they give up?

Timeline

Is EMS safe and guaranteed package will be delivered? Will they call before they give up?

EMS is probably the safest method of mailing, short of delivering the package yourself. I believe it is guaranteed here. So, if I had to recommend, I would definitely recommend EMS. I've never had an issue whether they couldn't deliver something, but I expect that they would. They call when they send a package to you, and you can have them call to tell you when the package is delivered, so I believe so.

Timeline

EMS is probably the safest method of mailing, short of delivering the package yourself. I believe it is guaranteed here. So, if I had to recommend, I would definitely recommend EMS. I've never had an issue whether they couldn't deliver something, but I expect that they would. They call when they send a package to you, and you can have them call to tell you when the package is delivered, so I believe so.

Thanks, much relieved.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.