The Nature Boy

Got Green Card

11 posts in this topic

We got our Green Card issued Yesterday. Almost exactly 11 months from K-1 filing to her here and receiving Green card. When you follow the process and meet the guidelines it is a fairly painless process..

I wonder if the rest of you noticed this phenomenon. NOA1 made me excited and I followed VJ closely. By the time the NOA2 came I was ecstatic and that period of time between NOA2 and interview almost drove me crazy. The day she traveled I don't think I slept a wink and tracked her flight every 10 mins. It seems that between the Marriage and the time you waitng on the Green card, though you settle into your married routine and the green card seems like a small milestone, instead of the huge life changing experience. It really does not change a whole lot except she is legal now.

I will add this also. For those of you still new in the process wondering if it is all worth it. The answer is a Big YES. Hang in there. Don't read those internet horror stories about Men that get taken advantage of. I have figured out that when that happens, it is usually because they made poor choices. It is as good as you imagined..

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

My wife received her EAD and AP on May 9th. We are still waiting on the Conditional Green Card. Probably end of May or June it will come. In the mean time work :whistle: relax :pop: and wait :clock: .

God Does for those who do for themselves..!!

We got our Green Card issued Yesterday. Almost exactly 11 months from K-1 filing to her here and receiving Green card. When you follow the process and meet the guidelines it is a fairly painless process..

I wonder if the rest of you noticed this phenomenon. NOA1 made me excited and I followed VJ closely. By the time the NOA2 came I was ecstatic and that period of time between NOA2 and interview almost drove me crazy. The day she traveled I don't think I slept a wink and tracked her flight every 10 mins. It seems that between the Marriage and the time you waitng on the Green card, though you settle into your married routine and the green card seems like a small milestone, instead of the huge life changing experience. It really does not change a whole lot except she is legal now.

I will add this also. For those of you still new in the process wondering if it is all worth it. The answer is a Big YES. Hang in there. Don't read those internet horror stories about Men that get taken advantage of. I have figured out that when that happens, it is usually because they made poor choices. It is as good as you imagined..

fairy tales really do come true..... :yes: love your story..... (L)

My wife received her EAD and AP on May 9th. We are still waiting on the Conditional Green Card. Probably end of May or June it will come. In the mean time work :whistle: relax :pop: and wait :clock: .

Good luck with that date for the green card. We've been waiting since our November filing. Those transfered to California are not getting them very fast, regardless of what the letter they send says.

OP congrats on getting the card. The one thing getting the green card will change in our house, is the worry of an RFE will go away. My wife did all that paperwork, and I just kind of glanced over it, so now she worries.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Getting the GC was a huge deal for me since I needed it to start school.. but they are both huge milestones :)

My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Getting the GC was a huge deal for me since I needed it to start school.. but they are both huge milestones :)

2 years till next filing. Congrats.

Lifting Condition (I-751)

09/09/2011 - Sent the package to CSC

09/13/2011 - CSC received the package

09/15/2011 - CSC cashed check and NOA1 Received

09/26/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice Date (Sent)

10/13/2011 - Early Biometrics

10/19/2011 - Biometrics Appointment

10/26/2011 - GC expiration

11/25/2011 - Received RFE

11/28/2011 - Sent response to RFE

01/13/2012 - Ordered card production (Approved)

01/19/2012 - 10 yrs GC received

Good luck with that date for the green card. We've been waiting since our November filing. Those transfered to California are not getting them very fast, regardless of what the letter they send says.

OP congrats on getting the card. The one thing getting the green card will change in our house, is the worry of an RFE will go away. My wife did all that paperwork, and I just kind of glanced over it, so now she worries.

Yes that and we now have the ability to travel a bit more freely. For whatever reason I don't think we filed for Ap. Moot point now.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

It isn't a huge life changing experience because it is merely temporary permission to stay. Only two years. Then you will get one-year extension letters while you work through removal of conditions, which will take even longer and gets you another temporary permssion to stay. Finally, a few years after that you can apply for citizenship. By that time people are fully conditioned for citizenship in the New America, which is where our lives depend on bureaucrats who withhold cards, licesnses, permits, etc. from us while we beg them on our knees and pay, pay, pay. We also accept words meaning the opposite of what they say, like "permanent residency" which actually means temporary residency.

We are just starting the journey so I get really optimistic when I hear good things happening to others!! Good Luck

Brent unfortunately it's like bad service at a restaurant, you generally only hear about the bad ones. If you meet the income eligibility requirements, don't have some criminal past, she has all her paperwork on her end and you fill out your paper work correctly you should have no problem. A lot of times people will post in here that they are denied for this or that minor thing, but if you dig we find out there is usually a bit more to it. Having recenly gone thru it and having many friends stateside that have, it's a fairly straightforward process if everything is in order. I will also advise you since you are just starting, some will advise you to keep and forward these 6lb chat logs and 100's of pictures, The truth is they don't have time to look at all that, and chances are they will not look at anyting unless there is a problem. A few random selected pages over the months, 8-10 pictures showing you together and preferably with her family, receipts, cards and of course the legally required stuff.

Also nothing other than the some of the forms has to be original paper work. common myth. The Notarized myth is very prevalent also.

Good luck -- and P.S. Most of the men I know that brought Pinay women over have been very happy for a long time. The ones that were not usually married someone wayyyyy to young for them. 25-30 year age gap or they married some hoochie mamma, because she was the one that would cyber on the first contact and had proactive pictures all over her profile. If she is a hooch in the Philippines she is going to be a hooch here.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.