Loida and Ed

K2 is their Any master list of forms ?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Good Afternoon / morning / evening all.

Tho we are still waiting our NOA I to be reviewed, I am trying to be proactive in accomplishing all the paperwork for my fiancees children, so it is in hand and in a packate form and just ready to submit.

I cannot for the life of me find any place on the VJ website or others that provode clear information on which documents will need to be accomplished, etc etc.

I do not know if they should

1. go to the initial interview at the embassy with my fiancee

2. wait for another date/time because they will be a follow on but it will be soon thereafter.

The concerns I have is that if my fiancee comes here on the K1, and the children will follow on via K2 processes, would they then be required to fly fron Cebu to Manila for their own individual interviews and medical etc etc ? They are minors, the eldest is 15.

I need some good solid advice on which path to follow for all this to occur.

I have my affadavid of support completed, and the ability to support isnt an issue, I just dont want to be making short to no notice flights from the US back to the Philippines in oprder to complete their processes if their is a better way to accomplish this...

Thank You for reading.

Ed :)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Good Afternoon / morning / evening all.

Tho we are still waiting our NOA I to be reviewed, I am trying to be proactive in accomplishing all the paperwork for my fiancees children, so it is in hand and in a packate form and just ready to submit.

I cannot for the life of me find any place on the VJ website or others that provode clear information on which documents will need to be accomplished, etc etc.

I do not know if they should

1. go to the initial interview at the embassy with my fiancee

2. wait for another date/time because they will be a follow on but it will be soon thereafter.

The concerns I have is that if my fiancee comes here on the K1, and the children will follow on via K2 processes, would they then be required to fly fron Cebu to Manila for their own individual interviews and medical etc etc ? They are minors, the eldest is 15.

I need some good solid advice on which path to follow for all this to occur.

I have my affadavid of support completed, and the ability to support isnt an issue, I just dont want to be making short to no notice flights from the US back to the Philippines in oprder to complete their processes if their is a better way to accomplish this...

Thank You for reading.

Ed :)

Contact the interviewing embassy/consulate for their specific requirements, additionally check the embassy/consulate page on this site.

Good luck on your visa journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

the k-2's will require a medical and interview, either at the same time as the mom or at a later date if follow to join. remember that the K-2 visa must be issued within one year from the date the k-1 was issued.

if possible, the easiest way would be for them to all interview at the same time and come together to the USA.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Timeline

the k-2's will require a medical and interview, either at the same time as the mom or at a later date if follow to join. remember that the K-2 visa must be issued within one year from the date the k-1 was issued.

if possible, the easiest way would be for them to all interview at the same time and come together to the USA.

Agreed, if support is not an issue, your better off having the whole family do the medicals and interview and relocate all at the same time. If not your wife will have to authorize someone to accompany the child/children to do the medical and interview not to mention she or you may have to go back and get them if they are not old enough to travel. I think that would be too much of a hassle. I myself is doing a K1 and K2 and I'm bringing them at the same time even though her parents prefer my Fiance relocate first.

Timeline

Thanks all for the advice.. I am still waiting on our NOA2, and am gathering all necessary paperwork in advance so the next paperwork is pre-staged. Tho we thought about doing the follow on in a few months, I guess I should heed the advice and try for the single interview / trip process. :) :) :)

Initially, it was a temporary come over here kind of thing, and we were going to decide what to ship back to the islands, retire early and just set up house there. but I still love the job here, and the benefits of sticking around for a few more years far outweigh early retirement.

I guess its time to break out the calculator and see what a fam of 4 will cost coming this way (I-129F and I-130's and medicala, etc etc...)

Ed

Edited by Loida and Ed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.