zentaco

Police Check Expiry

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Does anyone here know how long a police check is good for? I received mine in mid April, but due to delays in gathering everything for the Packet 3 checklist I haven't been able to submit it yet. I know that it will also likely be over a month after I submit before I get an interview. I thought I heard it was good for a while but I'm not 100% sure, don't want it to expire. Can anyone confirm? :)

K-1 Visa 248 Days
Filed: 2011-10-24... Interview: 2012-06-21... Visa Received: 2012-06-27

Adjustment of Status 84 Days

Filed: 2012-11-15... EAD Received: 2013-01-26... Interview: 2013-02-06

Removal of Conditions 166 Days

Filed: 2014-11-10... Card Production: 2015-04-16... Card Received: 2015-04-24

Naturalization 72 Days

Filed: 2024-01-02... Interview: 2024-02-27...Oath Ceremony: 2024-03-15

Timeline

Mine said on it that it was good for 6 months, which could have been cutting it fairly close to my interview date, but when I emailed Vancouver about it they said they considered them valid for a year regardless of what was printed on it.

DON'T PANIC

"It says wonderful things about the two countries [Canada and the US] that neither one feels itself being inundated by each other's immigrants."

-Douglas Coupland

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yup should be a year so you're all set. Did you do the RCMP fingerprint one? My fiance just put in for his a little while ago and I'm wondering how long it takes roughly to get it back. He works for the family business and has been so busy with work that it took forever to get him to go renew his passport and order his birth cert and police check. I'm starting to get nervous about getting an interview before our petition expires.

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Montreal, Canada

9/19/11: I-129F Sent

9/22/11: I-129F NOA1

2/8/12: I-129F RFE

3/5/12: I-129F RFE Reply Sent

(RFE details can be found here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/365210-rfe-primary-vs-secondary-evidence-feed-back-please/)

3/14/12: I-129F NOA2 (Approved!)

3/20/12: NVC Received Petition

3/29/12: Petition Left NVC

4/19/12: Consulate Received Petition

4/30/12: Packet 3 Notification Received by Petitioner in US

5/11/12: Packet 3 Received by Beneficiary in Canada

5/28/12: Packet 3 Returned via DHL

6/5/12: Packet 3 Received by Consulate, said they'd emailed Packet 4 (haven't received)

8/2/12: Consulate Interview at Montreal

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Just some pre-emptive information: the fingerprint check is NOT REQUIRED unless you have a criminal background. Otherwise a name and date of birth search in the CPIC or national records repository is fine.

Just in case someone just got their police check done and they were nervous about not getting fingerprints. :P

Edited by pocheros

Timeline

Yup should be a year so you're all set. Did you do the RCMP fingerprint one? My fiance just put in for his a little while ago and I'm wondering how long it takes roughly to get it back. He works for the family business and has been so busy with work that it took forever to get him to go renew his passport and order his birth cert and police check. I'm starting to get nervous about getting an interview before our petition expires.

No reason for finger print unless he has a criminal history. Should of just gone in and picked up his police report, in and out its pretty quick.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

Nope, I'm pretty boring and didn't have any record that needed to be looked into.

K-1 Visa 248 Days
Filed: 2011-10-24... Interview: 2012-06-21... Visa Received: 2012-06-27

Adjustment of Status 84 Days

Filed: 2012-11-15... EAD Received: 2013-01-26... Interview: 2013-02-06

Removal of Conditions 166 Days

Filed: 2014-11-10... Card Production: 2015-04-16... Card Received: 2015-04-24

Naturalization 72 Days

Filed: 2024-01-02... Interview: 2024-02-27...Oath Ceremony: 2024-03-15

Timeline

I just took my Packet 3 checklist in to the RCMP detachment by my work, showed it to them, and they knew exactly what I needed - a Canada-wide name check report.

Edited by HeatDeath

DON'T PANIC

"It says wonderful things about the two countries [Canada and the US] that neither one feels itself being inundated by each other's immigrants."

-Douglas Coupland

Timeline

We went for the full RCMP one because record or no they can ask for it. He doesn't have one but figured better safe than sorry, had enough delays already and would be just our luck. That and I asked him to get it and the first one he got he said wasn't for CPIC and was Ontario only. Same for the birth cert, told me he had it and I realized he didn't have the long form and had to explain what that was. Good times precious memories. Can you get a CPIC one same day? Or do they still mail it? Tempted to send him to get it (third time is the charm?) since the RCMP one may be awhile to receive. Any one who has detailed instructions and approx time to receive it I'd be grateful as I'm not familiar with Canadian processes and my fiance is loveable but clueless...

Edited by EvilSquee

(RFE details can be found here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/365210-rfe-primary-vs-secondary-evidence-feed-back-please/)

6/5/12: Packet 3 Received by Consulate, said they'd emailed Packet 4 (haven't received)

Timeline

Correction loveable but clueless when it comes to things like this. If you need a roof estimated he'll do wonders.

Filed: Timeline

We went for the full RCMP one because record or no they can ask for it.

They won't ask for one unless there's a hit on the Canada-wide. Never heard of an Ontario-only one. He should check and make sure it doesn't say Canada-wide.

As to the petition expiring..... it will automatically be renewed when the application is active, so no worries.

iagree.gif

Timeline

We went for the full RCMP one because record or no they can ask for it. He doesn't have one but figured better safe than sorry, had enough delays already and would be just our luck. That and I asked him to get it and the first one he got he said wasn't for CPIC and was Ontario only. Same for the birth cert, told me he had it and I realized he didn't have the long form and had to explain what that was. Good times precious memories. Can you get a CPIC one same day? Or do they still mail it? Tempted to send him to get it (third time is the charm?) since the RCMP one may be awhile to receive. Any one who has detailed instructions and approx time to receive it I'd be grateful as I'm not familiar with Canadian processes and my fiance is loveable but clueless...

You could get CPIC check police report same day in 2009.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

Thanks guys good to know they extend the petitions automatically since I was getting worried. I will have him look at the police report he has now again with me. Maybe I can get him to scan it. I do have concerns over his background check having a hit on his name as it's fairly common and I recall reading a headline about someone with the same name murdering someone a few years back (think it was in Brazil luckily). Still if you google it there are lots of Canadians in his area with the same name so I'm being prepared just in case. The waiting sucks pretty bad.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.