dave & joy

guangzhou cr1 for wife with american baby

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

First let me say this is what we did take it as you want.

1 there is plenty of places right next to the embassy and we stayed in one apt in the same building for $50 per night.

2 very close there is a super market with everything so pack light.

3 if you can bring a friend or family member to help. We brought my mother-in-law who does not speak English but that is OK.

4 arrive the day before document drop off day. In the embassy building there are services that can look over you case they didn't charge us but they tried to sell us practice interview sessions and we declined.

5 day before document drop off we went around 5PM and were able to walk right in and take the escalator up to the 4th floor this was good we notes on the 3rd floor there was nothing . The 4 the floor was for me to wait and the 5th is where the consulate is.

6 document drop off day at 10 am we went just my wife and I baby and no stayed in the room we spoke to the guards and said we have a baby and can my wife get to the front of the line so he does not make trouble. They said yes. (Later we found out some people pay them)

12 noon we went and we got in first my wife had to take the baby all the way in but she was done in 90 minutes.

7 talk to the guards and remind them not to forget you tomorrow

8 interview day arrive 7am we were first again thanks to the guards but also we sent mom to the 3rd floor once there we handed the baby to her and continued on our way.

9 no matter what people tell you as an american you cannot stay with your wife. There is a cafe on the 4th floor bring your iPad and wait.

10 90 minutes later my wife came out very sad because now she has no excuse and has to come to America with me and our baby.

This interview was today and I will not talk about questions asked. These are a case by case thing . All I will say the guards are super nice. The document taker was firm but accurate. The VO was happy with our case and polite.

All said we are happy with the process.

Timeline

Hey Dave - congratulations!

Thanks so much for this write up !

When you come up for air again, please to fill out yer official VJ timeline over at http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=131447

and slam what you've written into an embassy review in the embassy review section?

Congratulations !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Congratulations!!! :dance::thumbs:

IR-5 for wife's parents:
3-24-2014: I-130 approved
4-08-2014: USCIS sent to NVC
5-07-2014: Case recieved at NVC
5-15-2014: Case number & IIN Assigned
5-21-2014: Completed DS-261
5-22-2014: Sent ENROLL EP email
5-27-2014: Sent AOS through EP
6-14-2014: Case number change from GUZ to GZO

7-04-2014: Sent DS-260 fee

7-07-2014: Sent Civil Documents

7-08-2014: Completed DS-260

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8-27-2014: Case COMPLETE! YES!...YES!...YES! :joy::thumbs::dance:

Timeline

Congrats and thank you for sharing!good.gif

USCIS (California Service Center):

2011-09-07: Got marriage certificate

2011-10-07: Mailed I-130 package via USPS

2011-10-13: Received NOA1 (email), file routed to CSC

2012-03-28: Called USCIS to inquire about my case (called)

2012-03-30: Received NOA2 (email)

NVC:

2012-04-18: NVC received files (called)

2012-05-02: Received case number and DS-3032/AOS fee notice (email)

2012-05-02: OPTIN electronic processing with DS-3032 (email)

2012-05-02: Paid AOS fee ($88) online

2012-05-02: Received electronic processing case number and DS-3032 confirmation (email)

2012-05-03: AOS fee payment status PAID

2012-05-04: Sent AOS package (email)

2012-05-07: NVC AOS package receipt confirmation (email)

2012-05-08: Received IV fee notice (email)

2012-05-08: Paid IV fee ($230) online

2012-05-08: Sent IV package (email)

2012-05-09: IV fee payment status PAID

2012-05-09: NVC IV package receipt confirmation (email)

2012-05-11: NVC received all documentation confirmation (email)

2012-05-17: NVC case completed (email)

2012-05-17: Received packet 4 appointment letter (email)

2012-06-13: Interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.