waiting-1

Ombudsman's annual report on FBI name check

5 posts in this topic

hi ya

thanks for that

what an eye opener...just incredible the amount of money that is involved thoughout the year...

going back to continue reading

kath

REMOVING CONDITIONS

11th Aug 2008 - Mailed I-751 to CSC.

12th Aug 2008 - Application received

14th Aug 2008 - Cheque cashed

18th Aug 2008 - Received NOA-dated the 12th

26th Aug 2008 - Received Biometrics letter

4th Sept 2008 - Biometrics-Detroit-Complete-'Touched'

5th Sept 2008 - 'Touched'

1st Dec 2008 - APPROVED-Card production ordered -112 days

8th Dec 2008 - USCIS mailed approval notice.

8th Dec 2008 - Received my 10 year Greencard in the mail. took 2 days.

Although I have the above date for approval my card actualy states the

2nd December..

USCIS systems do not automatically indicate when a delayed name check is complete and the case can be adjudicated. Often, this leads to a situation where the validity of other checks expire before USCIS reviews the case. Those checks then need to be reinitiated, adding financial and time costs for applicants and USCIS. The high volume of FBI name check cases and the relatively limited resources devoted to background and security checks are major problems. The FBI’s manual processing exacerbates delays. USCIS’ planned Background Check Service (BCS), a new IT system that will track the status of background and security checks for pending cases, needs to be implemented as soon as possible. The Ombudsman looks forward to more information from USCIS on the BCS implementation schedule.

and so, in the meantime...i think it is OUR responsibility to stay "on them", so to speak...if we keep calling...keep making infopass appointments...keep speaking to the officers...maybe it'll keep our file on top of the pile, and they'll be more likely to know when the name check is complete.

it's unbelievable to think that we can be delayed so long for name check, and then it could just sit on the adjudicator's desk because he never bothers to check if it's back yet.

f35qw2.gif

f35qif.gif

Click here to view our webpage!

jt179g.jpg

AOS Approved!! icon_woohoo.gif

Apply to remove conditions August 13, 2008!

Click here for our complete Immigration Timeline

2uhvevm.gif

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."--Author Unknown

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

OR ... better yet ...

File a case with the Ombudsman. If you read the entire text of what is written you will see that the Ombudsman's office is not supporting the USCIS process. Especially the process for the whole Name Check nonsense.

I went and found the web site for the Immigration Ombudsman and as you can see from this link you can file a case with them and THEY will follow up.

I think all of us in Name Check Hell should do this. Maybe if they get enough of us to step up and say HEY WHAT ABOUT US??? They will maybe get things moving better.

http://www.dhs.gov/dhspublic/interapp/edit...torial_0497.xml

Jan. 18, 2005 ..... I 129F mailed

June 3, 2005 .... Interview success ... we got our visa !!!

July 15, 2005 ..... Kelly moved into our new house

July 29, 2005 ..... Crossed into the USA and got temp.

August 2, 2005 ... Got married in a civil service :-)

October 2005 ... Sent in AOS, EAD and AP for both myself and my son

November 22, 2005 ... Received Biometrics Appointment for AOS

Chicago finally admits they lost all my sons paperwork have to re-file everything of his !!!!

December 17, 2005 ... Biometrics Appointment

April 13, 2006 ... AOS Interview ... told everything looks good but have to wait for the darn name check!!!

Infopass Appointment Oct. 10th - Told to keep on waiting for Name Check

Oct. 10, 2006 ... EAD Renewal and AP Renewal eFiled

November 7, 2006 ... GREEN CARDS ARRIVE !!!!!

Filed: Other Timeline

Hmm.

I wonder if we might truly qualify for assistance from the Ombudsman.

"You are facing, or are about to face, an immediate adverse action or impact, an emergency, or any other type of significant hardship, which is caused by an action/inaction/delay in processing by the USCIS, or a problem, which could not be resolved through the normal processes provided for by USCIS;

Your case experienced processing delays beyond anticipated processing times;

You will incur, or are about to incur, significant, and unusual costs (including fees for professional representation that are not normally incurred);

Have not received a response or resolution within the anticipated time frames as published by the USCIS"

We have our home for sale and I have recently learned that without a greencard, getting a mortgage might be next to impossible.

I wonder if a family being forced into apartment living instead of home-ownership is an immediate adverse action or hardship? I know it sure doesn't fit into what I had planned for my life....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.