4 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Peru
Timeline

I just got the handout stating what I need to bring to file DCF. I have a few questions for those who have done this recently.

1. They want an original marriage certificate. Mine is from Peru. We do have the one from RENEIC. Must I bring one with an apostille when I first go to file the I-130.

2. Does the divorce certificate have to be original (I only have a copy of the original certified copy).

I actually had the packet ready to send to Chicago so I only have copies as the instructions for the I-130 state only to send copies. I did not know that I would be able to file DCF until recently.

Thanks.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

I just got the handout stating what I need to bring to file DCF. I have a few questions for those who have done this recently.

1. They want an original marriage certificate. Mine is from Peru. We do have the one from RENEIC. Must I bring one with an apostille when I first go to file the I-130.

2. Does the divorce certificate have to be original (I only have a copy of the original certified copy).

I actually had the packet ready to send to Chicago so I only have copies as the instructions for the I-130 state only to send copies. I did not know that I would be able to file DCF until recently.

Thanks.

For the marriage certificate with DCF, they're looking for either an original or a copy (what does their list say? We submitted an original, but maybe you can do a copy and just bring an original to the interview for review) of the Peruvian marriage cert. If you were married in a non-Lima province, it has to have the extra legalization from RENIEC. Other than that, no other apostille is needed on that document for this. Does that help?

Filed: Country: Peru
Timeline

Yes, that does help. The handout states that I need an original marriage certificate. It does not say whether the divorce decree can be a copy or an original (I only have copies)/ Now I know that I do not have to run around looking for an apostille. Our marriage certificate is from the Iquitos RENIEC. Where do I get the extra legalization from?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

If you took it to the Iquitos RENIEC and they sent it to Lima to be legalized, then it should be fine. Ours has a RENIEC stamp that they added to the back. We had several copies legalized.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.