jon052101

ds-230 part 1-#11

6 posts in this topic

hi, i have question about ds-230...

at part 1-#11, my situation is that i'm currently living with my family, once she got an interview date, i will start looking for apartment. my question is, is it ok if i put my current address for her green card but we are going to live in different address once she gets here? or is there an option to update the address of her green card once she comes here? thanks for your help

Edited by jon052101

Filed: Timeline

hi, i have question about ds-230...

at part 1-#11, my situation is that i'm currently living with my family, once she got an interview date, i will start looking for apartment. my question is, is it ok if i put my current address for her green card but we are going to live in different address once she gets here? or is there an option to update the address of her green card once she comes here? thanks for your help

Since you don't know where she will be living in the U.S. yet, I say #10 "not known". Notice the instructions say where will she be living, if known. I would put your parent's information on #11, so that you know it is a safe place for the GC to go if necessary. Once you get a new address, she can update it with USCIS (or at POE even).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

put an address and keep it that way. dont play the change the address game because things can get lost quickly. use your parents address even until she gets her greencard and ss card.

i have a friend who played the addy change game and his brothers things got lost.

be careful!

but you will always have to notify USCIS of any address change whenever you move. that is always!

good luck

Edited by samy + janet aly

put an address and keep it that way. dont play the change the address game because things can get lost quickly. use your parents address even until she gets her greencard and ss card.

i have a friend who played the addy change game and his brothers things got lost.

be careful!

but you will always have to notify USCIS of any address change whenever you move. that is always!

good luck

If she's not living there, she can't use that address for question number 10...

If she's not living there, she can't use that address for question number 10...

im not going to look for an apartment until she has the interview date, so meaning i have to fill up the DS-230 first. i think i will put my current address at #10 then i will notify the NVC if we move but, if i put my current address, it is the address that will reflect to her green card.. so is it ok? im confuse... pls help.. thanks

im not going to look for an apartment until she has the interview date, so meaning i have to fill up the DS-230 first. i think i will put my current address at #10 then i will notify the NVC if we move but, if i put my current address, it is the address that will reflect to her green card.. so is it ok? im confuse... pls help.. thanks

Technically #10 is not asking for your address, it's asking for the address where she is going to live in the U.S. IF KNOWN. Since you don't know where she will live, put "NOT KNOWN". Question #11 is the address where they will send the GC, so put your parents' address because you know it's a safe place for the GC to go.

When you find an apartment and know where she's going to live, you can update USCIS.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.