pras1973

Biometrics - Early & Different Location - Process

7 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello all

I applied for EAD on Mar 2, 2012 and received the Biometrics appointment for me and my family for 25 May, 2012 in Oakland, CA.

My family & I are currently in Raleigh, NC for a few weeks and have all documentation here. We want to get the biometrics done at the local office.

My question is this.

1. Is it OK to just walk-in?

2. Will taking an infopass appointment help?

3. Any other information that will be useful to know.

Thanks for your help.

best

P

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

Hello,

1 - It is OK to do a walk-in for biometrics appointments at a different facility than it is scheduled, just be sure to do it before the actual appointment date. My wife has personal success with this. I've also read that showing up 1st thing in the morning to do a walk-in has more success.

2 - I think at an infopass appointment you'll just here that there is the possibility to reschedule...

3 - As with most non-standard processes, there is some risk you'll be denied early walk-in. You can always try separate nearby biometrics facilities... I think being kind, courteous, clear, and professional/organized can always help. Also note that biometrics facilities are sometimes different than the infopass/USCIS offices, research around on here or start another post to find the exact address of biometrics facilities in your location.

My wife did an early walk-in for biometrics at a different facility than scheduled

thread here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/326877-re-entry-permit-applied-after-departure/

cheers,

gnasa

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hello,

Just an update.

I received the EAD cards for my wife and me on 9 May 2012 though we did not receive one for my daughter (9 year old).

I am walking in tomorrow in Durham ASC and hoping for the best.

Best

Prasad

Timeline

UPDATE:

I did a walk-in with my family today at the Raleigh-Durham ASC. They had a very few people waiting and the entire experience for all three of us was done in 20-25 minutes. I also want to add that I had called USCIS a week back to ask them if its OK to go to an ASC in a different location. By the book, any ASC should accept you "as long as you have the original appointment" though they amy refuse if they are already over-burdened withe xisting appointments.

I would say we were lucky. the people were friendly and like you said Gnasa, smiles go a long way in getting this done.

Cheers

Prasad

• 7 months later...
Timeline

do you remember which day of the week it was and around what time you went there for walk-in? I really don't want to miss this opportunity as my actual appointment is January 16,2013 and i am moving out of state! :(

Thursday 3 May, 2012 - 1-2 PM... Good Luck!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.