Ken_Maria

CFO Age requirements for Parent to Attend?

14 posts in this topic

Ok, I have looked at the CFO website and there is no mention about an age minimum or requirement about needing your fiancee's parents at the CFO siminar if they are 23 or younger???? I read this on another web site http://ducecoop.com/interview/ "Im so mad because I hope they put that on their website that if u are 23 years old below, U need to bring your parents with u. I was very pissed because they wanted my Mom and dad to be there"

Is this true? If so wonder why it is not on the CFO web site. I should add, that the girl posting this did not mention her age, so she might have been under 21. Thanks, Payato

"Better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you are not!"

Timeline:

22 Jul 06 - Received NOA-1

18 Sep 06 - Received NOA2 in mail

11 Oct 06 - Case MNL783xxx received by Manila Embassy... guess NVC lied

26 Dec 06 - Received Packet 4

18-19 Jan 07 - Medical complete early, scheduled 8 Feb

19 Jan - CFO completed after SLE shots... have to go back for the stamp after visa approval

15 Feb 07 - Interview Approved

24 Feb 07 - Arrive at Honolulu POE

2 Apr 07 - Married, civil ceremony, mailed AOS

17 Apr 07 - Checks cashed for AOS & AP

22 Apr 07 - Filed Expedite for AP

8 May 07 - Biometrics Appt

8 May 07 - Filed complaint with local USCIS for no action on Expedite request

9 May 07 - AP Expedite approved via email

14 May 07 - received AP I-512L documents in the mail

25 Jun 07 - AOS Interview scheduled but cancelled due to deployment and family emergency

29 Nov 07 - Visited local USCIS to reschedule AOS interview

15 Jan 08 - Local USCIS finally forwards reschedule request after formal complaint

8 Feb 08 - Received new Interview date

28 Mar 08 - AOS Interview ..investigation reopened due to incorrect birthdate that was identified 05/07

16 Apr 08 - CRIS Notice of GC approval and welcome notice via email

25 Apr 08 - GC received finally!

15 Jan 10 - Mailed Lifting of Conditions Package

19 Jan 10 - Package received at VT USCIS

22 Jan 10 - Checked cashed by USCIS

26 Jan 10 - Received NOA dated 20 Jan 10

29 Jan 10 - Received NOA for Biometrics

I have never seen anything on the age requirement other than the thing about children under 12. There is an email link and also phone numbers on the CFO site so maybe you can call or email them with the specific question.

If you find out for sure please post for future reference.

Good luck

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: Timeline

I think they can require whatever they want and probably change the hoops to jump through on a case by case basis. I would think requiring a 23 year-old applicant's parents to be there not something that's always required.

Edited by mdyoung

I think they can require whatever they want and probably change the hoops to jump through on a case by case basis. I would think requiring a 23 year-old applicant's parents to be there not something that's always required.

MD, I understand what you are saying, just looking for any members that have already completed their CFO seminar to see if this happend to them. I realize that not all members have the age issue, just looking for some experiences. Thanks Payato

Timeline:

19 Jan - CFO completed after SLE shots... have to go back for the stamp after visa approval

25 Jun 07 - AOS Interview scheduled but cancelled due to deployment and family emergency

15 Jan 08 - Local USCIS finally forwards reschedule request after formal complaint

28 Mar 08 - AOS Interview ..investigation reopened due to incorrect birthdate that was identified 05/07

MD, I understand what you are saying, just looking for any members that have already completed their CFO seminar to see if this happend to them. I realize that not all members have the age issue, just looking for some experiences. Thanks Payato

Usually, those who attend CFO are husband/wife or future husband/wife. Thats why they required first having a visa before attending CFO seminar, but if u request for advance CFO, they asked you more documents to show. And of course ... marrying age in Phils we're 18 and above ... under 18 need consent of parents also need alot of throughly studying the case.

Some accompanied by their parents but they are not allowed in the premises only in the waiting area, and before you we're accepted to attend the seminar, also .... they required alot of documents to present if you are not yet approved of any visa's.

07-13-06 - K1/K2 AOS/EAD sent

11-04-06 - 2 NOA's transfer to CSC

11-17-06 - "K1 APPROVED AOS" no interview

11-27-06 - "K1 - GREENCARD" rcvd.

01-23-07 - K2 GREENCARD rcvd.

08-20-08 - I-751 sent to Texas Service Center, transfer to VSC

08-26-08 - I-751 NOA1 & 1yr. Extension letter

09-18-08 - I-751 NOA2 - Biometrics Appointment Notice

03-11-09 - I-751 transfer from VSC to CSC!

05-13-09 - I-751 APPROVED

06-24-09 - card production ordered

08-20-09 - N400 - Citizenship Application

08-24-09 - NOA notice date

08-28-09 - NOA in mailbox

09-10-09 - email asking for more evidence

09-14-09 - Biometrics NOA date

09-18-09 - Biometrics Letter arrived in mailbox

10-09-09 - Biometrics Schedule

10-14-09 - Notice date of the yellow letter

10-30-09 - touched online for "testing & interview"

11-03-09 - IL received in mailbox

12-07-09 - "PASSED" Interview & it's my Hubby Bday too!

04-17-10 - Oath letter received in mailbox

05-14-10 - Judicial Oath atlast! in Atl

110 days - Application to Interview

158 days - Interview to Judicial Oath

268 days - Total processing days for my N400

I'm just curious to know what this seminar is about?

Just an info.... CFO seminar is for filipino's (Philippine citizens) who are immigrating or working abroad. You will attend this seminar for you to be well known of ... how to adjust and live life in a different country. Knows your rights as an employed worker, or wife/husband(or future husband/wife) of a foreigner to be aware of different kinds of abuses, learn abit in a way fo discussion of different cultures.

Simply a preparation for everyone, leaving our country. :D When you finished the halfday event seminar, you will wait for your stamped and CFO sticker in your passport, that it means you've been permitted by agencies of government and legally departing Philippines.

07-13-06 - K1/K2 AOS/EAD sent

11-04-06 - 2 NOA's transfer to CSC

11-17-06 - "K1 APPROVED AOS" no interview

11-27-06 - "K1 - GREENCARD" rcvd.

01-23-07 - K2 GREENCARD rcvd.

08-20-08 - I-751 sent to Texas Service Center, transfer to VSC

08-26-08 - I-751 NOA1 & 1yr. Extension letter

09-18-08 - I-751 NOA2 - Biometrics Appointment Notice

03-11-09 - I-751 transfer from VSC to CSC!

05-13-09 - I-751 APPROVED

06-24-09 - card production ordered

08-20-09 - N400 - Citizenship Application

08-24-09 - NOA notice date

08-28-09 - NOA in mailbox

09-10-09 - email asking for more evidence

09-14-09 - Biometrics NOA date

09-18-09 - Biometrics Letter arrived in mailbox

10-09-09 - Biometrics Schedule

10-14-09 - Notice date of the yellow letter

10-30-09 - touched online for "testing & interview"

11-03-09 - IL received in mailbox

12-07-09 - "PASSED" Interview & it's my Hubby Bday too!

04-17-10 - Oath letter received in mailbox

05-14-10 - Judicial Oath atlast! in Atl

110 days - Application to Interview

158 days - Interview to Judicial Oath

268 days - Total processing days for my N400

Usually, those who attend CFO are husband/wife or future husband/wife. Thats why they required first having a visa before attending CFO seminar, but if u request for advance CFO, they asked you more documents to show. And of course ... marrying age in Phils we're 18 and above ... under 18 need consent of parents also need alot of throughly studying the case.

Some accompanied by their parents but they are not allowed in the premises only in the waiting area, and before you we're accepted to attend the seminar, also .... they required alot of documents to present if you are not yet approved of any visa's.

Rebel, I know what the requirements are and understand the ifference in going to the CFO prior to the Visa stamp and after tha visa stamp. My questions was and still is, has anyone else that attended the CFO been told this age requirement thing for those under 23? It is the first time I ever heard this and it just does not seem right. My fiancee is 21 and will be 22 prior to the interview (unless we get extrememly lucky), so she meets the requirements to be legally married even in the Philippines. Payato

Timeline:

Rebel, I know what the requirements are and understand the ifference in going to the CFO prior to the Visa stamp and after tha visa stamp. My questions was and still is, has anyone else that attended the CFO been told this age requirement thing for those under 23? It is the first time I ever heard this and it just does not seem right. My fiancee is 21 and will be 22 prior to the interview (unless we get extrememly lucky), so she meets the requirements to be legally married even in the Philippines. Payato

I had read that same post Payato. It made me nervous too. My fiancee will be 22 when she goes to CFO. Philippines law states that anyone between the ages of 22 to 24 getting married must receive "parental advice". My thoughts were to have her parents write a letter stating that they know me, know about our marriage and support us. I posted about the same thing here awhile back. Noone really seemed to have a concrete answer for me. Most peeps just told me that as long as she was not 18 to 21 not to worry. But of course I still worry a little after reading all those CFO Twisted Evil posts. :lol:

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

DEAN AND SHERYL

Filed: Timeline
Noone really seemed to have a concrete answer for me. Most peeps just told me that as long as she was not 18 to 21 not to worry. But of course I still worry a little after reading all those CFO Twisted Evil posts. :lol:

I don't think you will get a concrete answer, since as I said your fiancé has to convince the CFO offical that things are on the level. If you are 70 years old and they say they want to see your 90 year old mother you are going to having to what they ask if you want the sticker in the passport. I guess having the letter ready might help, but if they want to see mom and dad you better be ready to get them to the CFO office.

Noone really seemed to have a concrete answer for me. Most peeps just told me that as long as she was not 18 to 21 not to worry. But of course I still worry a little after reading all those CFO Twisted Evil posts. :lol:

I don't think you will get a concrete answer, since as I said your fiancé has to convince the CFO offical that things are on the level. If you are 70 years old and they say they want to see your 90 year old mother you are going to having to what they ask if you want the sticker in the passport. I guess having the letter ready might help, but if they want to see mom and dad you better be ready to get them to the CFO office.

True, but unfortunately there is know way to know what wacky thing they might want until she actually gets there.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

DEAN AND SHERYL

Dean/MD, Thanks. Yea I know how it is in the PI, I lived there for 5 years and my eldest daughter lived there until Jun of this year, so I was there about 4 times a year. I am planning on being there for the interview, so I should be there for the CFO as well and have to wait in the waiting area. Good thing my friend lives in makati and I have a place t stay. Payato

Timeline:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

In 2004 when hazel went she was just 21 and needed no one to go with her and ther is a 43 year age diffrence for us

March 31 2004 spent 2 weeks with my love and her family

NOA1 July 16 2004

NOA2 Email notification Sept 2 2004

NOA2 approval letter Sept 15 2004

called NVC sept 16th told by operator fowarded to Manila

NVC forwarded to Manila on Sept 15 2004

NVC Hard copy received Sept 20 2004

called Manila embassy 10-13-2004 interview dec 3 2004

never received packet from embassy

Dec 3rd Visa approved and picked up

Dec 18th Married in Las Vegas Nv

AOS and EAD received in Chicago March 5 2005

NOA AOS and EAD received 3-28-05 dated 03-25-2005

Fingerrprint appointment 03-30-2005

EAD approval by email 4-19-2005

EAD card received 4-25-2005

Interview cancelled 9-6-2005 no interview ever scheduled

Applicattion transfered to somewhere 9-8-2005

9-14-2005 same message about transfer

9-24-2005 same message about transfer again

10-26-2005 approved without interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.