FoundNanning

Evidence for Document Intake / Interview EP

13 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

1. Since I-130 is not part of the EP process, do I still need to bring originals of all documents submitted with it? I submitted a HEAVILY front loaded I-130 and would prefer to bring samples rather than everything.

2. Regarding the DS-230 that I DID submit electronically; I submitted additional evidence with it. I know I have to bring originals of all official documents submitted with it, but is it necessary to bring originals of the additional relationship evidence that I attached?

3. Are the originals of "Official" Documents previously submitted electronically given on Document Intake Day or Interview Day?

4. Is the relationship evidence and/or additional financial information I may want to submit given on Document Intake Day, or held if needed for the interview.

Timeline

1. bring all relationship evidence, from day 0 to interview day in time span, for interview day.

2. anything submitted for official intake at NVC? bring it to the document intake day.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

This is off topic, but when's your interview?

Sept 9, 2011: NOA1

March 16, 2012: NOA2

April 10, 2012: NVC Case Number Assigned, AOS Invoice Received

April 11, 2012: OPTIN for EP with DS-3032 sent, AOS bill paid

April 12, 2012: AOS Package Sent

April 17, 2012: IV Bill invoiced, paid

April 19, 2012: IV package sent

April 20, 2012: Checklist for AOS asking for letter of employment, response sent

April 23, 2012: Letter approving DS-230, False checklist for AOS checklist

May 1, 2012: Appointment Letter Received (for May 23rd)

May 22, 2012: Interview canceled pending further medical tests

July 15, 2012: New Appointment letter Received

August 1, 2012: Interview, Approved

Timeline

@Darnell (and anyone else who cares to comment)

I guess is what confuses me is I hear of people being asked for (or not asked for), pictures or other evidence that they brought. I always assumed that this was at the Interview. So, am I to assume that you give them everything you have on Document Intake Day, and not need to bring anything (e.g. Documents, Relationship Evidence)on Interview Day?

@foofurrah

Nah, not off topic :-) I got Case Complete on May Day ;-) so I'm assuming Appointment Scheduled no later than next Tuesday.

Timeline

nope, sorry, read my stuff again.

The issue I think yer stumbling into -

is that no one case is alike for HOW the VO will adjudicate it.

Bring the kitchen sink on interview day (relationship evidence) and be prepared for the worst.

Should it wind up, that she not need it, you'll only know after the interview is concluded, not prior.

I know, I know - you frontloaded with the I-130, submitted more with the DS-230, but this is GUZ IV we're talking about, not the Montreal or London IV unit. Different things for focus on Fraud, GUZ IV is the highest fraud IV unit out there.

Be Prepared.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Ok. Reread your earlier reply with my glasses. GOT IT NOW. DUH! "Official" Documents at Intake Day, Relationship Evidence to Interview. BUT, one more question. What if I have an "Official" Document NOT previously submitted (in my case, my co-sponsors latest 1040, only Tax Extension was available for DS-230). They accepted my DS-230 without it, but if it is filed in time, I think it's best to bring it. If I bring it, give on Intake Day or bring to Interview and give only if asked for?

nope, sorry, read my stuff again.

The issue I think yer stumbling into -

is that no one case is alike for HOW the VO will adjudicate it.

Bring the kitchen sink on interview day (relationship evidence) and be prepared for the worst.

Should it wind up, that she not need it, you'll only know after the interview is concluded, not prior.

I know, I know - you frontloaded with the I-130, submitted more with the DS-230, but this is GUZ IV we're talking about, not the Montreal or London IV unit. Different things for focus on Fraud, GUZ IV is the highest fraud IV unit out there.

Be Prepared.

Timeline

Hope you get the date soon, shouldn't be long.

April 20, 2012: Checklist for AOS asking for letter of employment, response sent

Timeline

Hope you get the date soon, shouldn't be long.

I'm not an expert on this (haven't interviewed yet), but when they sent the interview letter they included a checklist of documents already received, not required, and still required for your particular case. Presumably these are the official docs that are required at doc intake. They include "financial records." It also says:

Reminders

* Any original documents that were requested by the NVC but were not submitted to the

NVC must be brought to the visa interview.

* The applicant must bring his/her medical examination results to the visa interview in an

envelope sealed by the medical office.

* The applicant must bring the correct size and number of photographs to the visa

interview. They must measure 2 inches by 2 inches (5 cm by 5 cm) on a white

background.

* IF a sponsor filed an I-864 (Affidavit of Support) AND provided the NVC with proof of

an IRS Federal Income Tax Extension in lieu of a Federal Income Tax Return, the

applicant must bring the sponsor's most recent Federal Income Tax Return to the visa

interview.

* Failure to present all necessary documents to the Consular Officer will result in the

applicant's immigrant visa being refused at the initial interview.

I'm guessing this form will be taken with the AOS info the day before the interview.

Timeline

Ok. Reread your earlier reply with my glasses. GOT IT NOW. DUH! "Official" Documents at Intake Day, Relationship Evidence to Interview. BUT, one more question. What if I have an "Official" Document NOT previously submitted (in my case, my co-sponsors latest 1040, only Tax Extension was available for DS-230). They accepted my DS-230 without it, but if it is filed in time, I think it's best to bring it. If I bring it, give on Intake Day or bring to Interview and give only if asked for?

that's a I-864 document, not a ds-230 document.

regardless, bring it on document intake day.

Timeline

that's a I-864 document, not a ds-230 document.

regardless, bring it on document intake day.

As usual, you're right Darnell. My mind is Document Number Jello! ;-) Thanks also foofurrah, your info was very helpful!

Timeline

Another two questions re: Document Intake Day

1) When I finally get my Appointment Date (presumably when I call NVS next week), I assume the date they give is Document Intake Day?

2) Because my financials are "complex", I'm planning to put together a Binder with financial explanation/elaboration. On Document Intake Day, do you still have to pass documents under the 4cm window, or are you just handing them off to someone?

Timeline

1. yes

2. hand to someone.

I know is also possible to hand the I-864 set in on interview day, through the window.

Timeline

We brought everything on document day and so do many people. Then they take what they need and give you back what they don't. Also they will tell you if anything is missing.

Then on interview day bring everything's again. I think if you are organized and bring a lot they tend to look less. If you are unorganized or don't bring what they think is enough they will dig for reasons to deny.

Also it could depend on what side of the bed they woke up on or if they went to the wrong 7-11 for their morning coffee.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.