Jiang Jiang

Resume/Travel History/Work plan

21 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

My wife had an interview in Guz a few days ago for CR1 visa, the VO requested to have a Resume/Travel history/Work plan. The first two parts are ok. The "Work Plan" asks: provide a work plan explaining where the applicant(s) will seek employment after immigranting to the United States.

It's not clear to me what they want. Do they look for which company to seek employment or which city?

Thanks a lot for any tips on it.

Jiang

Edited by Jiang Jiang

Timeline

My wife had an interview in Guz a few days ago for CR1 visa, the VO requested to have a Resume/Travel history/Work plan. The first two parts are ok. The "Work Plan" asks: provide a work plan explaining where the applicant(s) will seek employment after immigranting to the United States.

It's not clear to me what they want. Do they look for which company to seek employment or which city?

Thanks a lot for any tips on it.

Jiang

I'd guess they want an overview of what the applicant's plan for finding work is. I'd write a letter trying to use my past education and work experience to show why I can do certain jobs in the future. Be as specific as possible, if you change your mind later it won't matter. If you've been seeking a certain kind of job, describe that. If you know where you'll live, you could include that, probably doesn't matter. Anyway, I don't have any experience with this but that would be my interpretation. You could always email the consulate for clarification.

Any idea what triggered this request?

Sept 9, 2011: NOA1

March 16, 2012: NOA2

April 10, 2012: NVC Case Number Assigned, AOS Invoice Received

April 11, 2012: OPTIN for EP with DS-3032 sent, AOS bill paid

April 12, 2012: AOS Package Sent

April 17, 2012: IV Bill invoiced, paid

April 19, 2012: IV package sent

April 20, 2012: Checklist for AOS asking for letter of employment, response sent

April 23, 2012: Letter approving DS-230, False checklist for AOS checklist

May 1, 2012: Appointment Letter Received (for May 23rd)

May 22, 2012: Interview canceled pending further medical tests

July 15, 2012: New Appointment letter Received

August 1, 2012: Interview, Approved

Timeline

I'd guess they want an overview of what the applicant's plan for finding work is. I'd write a letter trying to use my past education and work experience to show why I can do certain jobs in the future. Be as specific as possible, if you change your mind later it won't matter. If you've been seeking a certain kind of job, describe that. If you know where you'll live, you could include that, probably doesn't matter. Anyway, I don't have any experience with this but that would be my interpretation. You could always email the consulate for clarification.

Any idea what triggered this request?

My wife works in a hospital lab doing research and technical work. Somehow the VO took an interest in her work and started to ask questions. My wife speaks very little English, so VO requested a translator who couldn't translate much medical/clinic terms. So the VO said you need to provide a detailed resume/travel history/work plan according to our US laws. It was very weird. Very frustrating to us.

Jiang

Timeline

My wife works in a hospital lab doing research and technical work. Somehow the VO took an interest in her work and started to ask questions. My wife speaks very little English, so VO requested a translator who couldn't translate much medical/clinic terms. So the VO said you need to provide a detailed resume/travel history/work plan according to our US laws. It was very weird. Very frustrating to us.

Jiang

I see, I've read that this can be a problem. I think they're looking for evidence that your wife will take the appropriate steps to legally practice medicine in the US with the proper certification, if that's her intent. Accordingly, I'd make it clear that you're aware of what she'll need to do to be licensed in the US and include that in your plan. Alternately, indicate what other career path she might be interested in.

I hope it's resolved quickly for you.

Sept 9, 2011: NOA1

March 16, 2012: NOA2

April 10, 2012: NVC Case Number Assigned, AOS Invoice Received

April 11, 2012: OPTIN for EP with DS-3032 sent, AOS bill paid

April 12, 2012: AOS Package Sent

April 17, 2012: IV Bill invoiced, paid

April 19, 2012: IV package sent

April 20, 2012: Checklist for AOS asking for letter of employment, response sent

April 23, 2012: Letter approving DS-230, False checklist for AOS checklist

May 1, 2012: Appointment Letter Received (for May 23rd)

May 22, 2012: Interview canceled pending further medical tests

July 15, 2012: New Appointment letter Received

August 1, 2012: Interview, Approved

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Also add additional education / certification to assist in the transition and new job. Its time to sell yourself to them just like and employer.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Be careful. They may also be looking to exclude women who have provided help in assisting abortions to women bearing female children. America and Canada frown upon the one child rule. I've heard of this being a problem for Canadians but not for Americans, Yet anyway.

Timeline

Also add additional education / certification to assist in the transition and new job. Its time to sell yourself to them just like and employer.

Do you mean that we add plan to go through some continuing education and certification process in the US?

This kind of request (resume/travel history/work plan), especially "work plan" is weird. In DS230, she already checked that she's not going to practice medicine without credential/certificate, and she listed her employment history, and education history. Also she doesn't have to work, we can get by with my income. Is it ok to say that she will stay at home? Another option is that she is good at teaching Chinese, and she can start tutoring Chinese in the US.

This whole process of immigration is so screwed up.

Jiang

Timeline

My fiance got asked this question at her interview (and we had practiced this before hand)...so she replied that she wanted to attend a nursing school here in the US. Answer was satisfactory to the VO - ap approved.

Best of luck.

Met on line: 7-4-2007

Sent petition to Vermont Service Center on 8-11-2010

NOA1 VSC 8-27-10

NOA2 VSC 2-7-11

Interview 5-12-11

Approved 5-12-11

POE: LA/6-15-2011

Married 8-26-2011

AOS: Submitted 10-7-2011

AOS Interview: 2-23-2012 Approved

Green Card Recvd: 2-28-2012

Timeline

well, what the interpreter was helping with -

does this medical person assist with the manufacture of chemical or nuclear or biological warfare components?

an excellent response for 'work plan' - you cannot declare 'housewife' as a job - I intend to be a housewife for my husband.

otherwise ?? you get this silliness.

another response - i am a medical researcher focusing on cancer treatment. I will work in USA doing the same thing, should I find a university lab willing to hire me.

i hate stupid translators. This one, in particular.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

well, what the interpreter was helping with -

does this medical person assist with the manufacture of chemical or nuclear or biological warfare components?

an excellent response for 'work plan' - you cannot declare 'housewife' as a job - I intend to be a housewife for my husband.

otherwise ?? you get this silliness.

another response - i am a medical researcher focusing on cancer treatment. I will work in USA doing the same thing, should I find a university lab willing to hire me.

i hate stupid translators. This one, in particular.

Timeline

Everything I've read here is just speculation. To answer K-1's question: Yes, US Consular officials in Guangzhou may very well delay or deny your fiancee's visa application AFTER they have approved your interview. This is what they did to my fiancee. They will NOT tell you why. They will NOT give you an estimation of when or if your application will EVER see the light of day. And they will do this because they CAN do this. Your fiancee is NOT a US citizen. USA's response is to treat her like she is NOT a US citizen. No Freedom of Information Act applies to non-citizens. US Legislators are NOT able to overrule Consular officials. However, I would recommend contacting them anyway should this happen to you. As Jiang notes, "this whole process is screwed up." I am embarrassed to have be represented by a government that treats our loved ones like dirt.

Timeline

Speculation? OK !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.