macrowe

Completeing Affadavit of Support i864 DCF -London

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi there

Another question! We have now filed i 130 and are researching the next stage. When it comes to my wife completing the i 864 Affadavit of support form which we have downloaded and studied all of our income is here in the UK. How would we show that income would continue without already being in the USA to get employment. We are both professionals here and can show good income but would obviously need to leave these jobs behind. Any comments gratefully received.

macrowe

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Your UK income won't count, as it will not continue. You have three options:

- sponsor on assets such as savings, second property etc (you will need three times the 125% poverty level, so about $60'000 if it's only you and your wife, no kids)

- Get a co-sponsor; a US based USC or greencard holder who will stand guarantoor for the immigrant.

- The petitioner moves back to the USA as soon as the I-130 is files and finds a job, then sponsors on the new, US based income.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

Your UK income won't count, as it will not continue. You have three options:

- sponsor on assets such as savings, second property etc (you will need three times the 125% poverty level, so about $60'000 if it's only you and your wife, no kids)

- Get a co-sponsor; a US based USC or greencard holder who will stand guarantoor for the immigrant.

- The petitioner moves back to the USA as soon as the I-130 is files and finds a job, then sponsors on the new, US based income.

Hi Penguin

Thanks for your reply.

We would most probably use the asset route but just wondering where you found the 3 x US poverty level info. Is this right as it is just the 2 of us, we thought if we met the 125% level in cash then we would be ok?

macrowe

Timeline

It's on the instructions for the I-864.

The 125% is for income, because they assume the income will continue. If you use assets, you need to use x3 for a spouse or minor children, x5 if you are sponsoring anyone else.

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

It's on the instructions for the I-864.

The 125% is for income, because they assume the income will continue. If you use assets, you need to use x3 for a spouse or minor children, x5 if you are sponsoring anyone else.

Penguin

Thanks so much for pointing us in the right direction. We see that now and feel dumb!!! Better get saving!

macrowe

Timeline

Hi Penguin

Thanks for your reply.

We would most probably use the asset route but just wondering where you found the 3 x US poverty level info. Is this right as it is just the 2 of us, we thought if we met the 125% level in cash then we would be ok?

macrowe

Hi Again

We now have a joint sponsor in USA who is not a family member so will be using him rather than assets ( which we do not have enough of!). Have I got this right that my wife( my petitioner) and I complete the i864 with our uk incomes ( which will not be continuing in the USA) AND we ask our sponsor to complete a seperate i 864 and submit them both when asked?

Thanks again

macrowe

Timeline

Yes.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.