simpleLady

AOS enterview experience in Baltimore

5 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Dear VJ's

i would like to share with you my interview experience in Baltimore. I had my interview last April 24, 2011 at 11:30am. We arrived at the immigration office at 10:30am. our names were called almost 11:45. thanks God that the officer was very friendly. when he called my name he looked directly to my husband seemed like they knew each other. i was wondering why the officer recognized my husband right away. anyway, he brought us in his office and before he let us to sit we take an oath first. then we sat down and i was very nervous my hand was shaking. i could not even sign the paper that he gave us. in the interview process, the officer asked where was our lawyer and my husband answered the lawyer was a sore subject. the officer told us that my documents looked great no problems at all. the IO asked if there are any new information added to our application, i said my new I20 because i moved from the other school to the other school which is near to my husband's house. he said Okay...

then, the officer asked my husband like:

Where we meet each other?

where was the place on our first date?

when is my birthday?

where i was born?

when we got married?

Did he talked to my parents often?

what are the names of my parents?

After he asked my husband, he asked me about my husband almost the same questions. he also asked me the part in form 485 where is say's have you ever something which is the answers are all No. i know all the answers of that part was No, but i asked the IO to repeat it for me just to him know that i was listening to him.

All in all the interview was fine. i was just stressing out myself for nothing. the officer was friendly that made me comfortable to talk to him. my husband and him where talking about tubing coz he saw our picture went tubing.

after he asked all the question he wants, he asked me if we do have documents that have our both names on it. so i gave bank statements, lease, health insurance, and car insurance. then The IO said, we were all set and i have nothing to worry my documents looks great but he did not approve me right away coz he needs to send it to their supervisor for approval.

Today, April 26, at 6:30 i recieved text from USCIS that they order my card. God be the glory, i am approve.

To all who are still applying for AOS don't worry to much like i did for nothing. You don't have to worry as long as your marriage is true and complete the documents they need.

Congratulations

Adjusting from B2 visa

12/3/2011: Hubby arrived to the USA

12/23/2011: AOS package

12/29/2011: AOS package received

01/11/2012: Acceptance email received

01/18/2012: Biometric appt and receipt received

Appointment set for 02/8/2012

01/27/2012: RFE email received

02/01/2012: Hard copy of RFE notice received

02/14/2012: RFE info sent back to USCIS

02/22/2012: Received email RFE received case continues to process at NBC

03/09/2012: Receive email with interview notice

04/12/2012: Interview in Baltimore City 9:00am

Case has to be reviewed WAITING on a decision now....

04/18/2012: APPROVED EMAIL RECEIVED AMEN!!!!!

04/23/2012: Approval/ welcome letter received in mail

04/23/2012: Card production ordered email received

04/24/2012: Card mailed email received

04/27/2012: Received email USPS picked up mail containing card notice

04/27/2012: GREEN CARD IN HAND!!!!! :)

Filed: Timeline

Dear VJ's

i would like to share with you my interview experience in Baltimore. I had my interview last April 24, 2011 at 11:30am. We arrived at the immigration office at 10:30am. our names were called almost 11:45. thanks God that the officer was very friendly. when he called my name he looked directly to my husband seemed like they knew each other. i was wondering why the officer recognized my husband right away. anyway, he brought us in his office and before he let us to sit we take an oath first. then we sat down and i was very nervous my hand was shaking. i could not even sign the paper that he gave us. in the interview process, the officer asked where was our lawyer and my husband answered the lawyer was a sore subject. the officer told us that my documents looked great no problems at all. the IO asked if there are any new information added to our application, i said my new I20 because i moved from the other school to the other school which is near to my husband's house. he said Okay...

then, the officer asked my husband like:

Where we meet each other?

where was the place on our first date?

when is my birthday?

where i was born?

when we got married?

Did he talked to my parents often?

what are the names of my parents?

After he asked my husband, he asked me about my husband almost the same questions. he also asked me the part in form 485 where is say's have you ever something which is the answers are all No. i know all the answers of that part was No, but i asked the IO to repeat it for me just to him know that i was listening to him.

All in all the interview was fine. i was just stressing out myself for nothing. the officer was friendly that made me comfortable to talk to him. my husband and him where talking about tubing coz he saw our picture went tubing.

after he asked all the question he wants, he asked me if we do have documents that have our both names on it. so i gave bank statements, lease, health insurance, and car insurance. then The IO said, we were all set and i have nothing to worry my documents looks great but he did not approve me right away coz he needs to send it to their supervisor for approval.

Today, April 26, at 6:30 i recieved text from USCIS that they order my card. God be the glory, i am approve.

To all who are still applying for AOS don't worry to much like i did for nothing. You don't have to worry as long as your marriage is true and complete the documents they need.

Congrats on your approval!!! Did you have your interview this or last year? You said last April, 2011, I hope you did not have to wait for approval for a year :unsure:

04/18/2012 mailed package

04/27/2012 received NOA in mail

05/24/2012 received bio for June 15

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congrats on your approval!!! Did you have your interview this or last year? You said last April, 2011, I hope you did not have to wait for approval for a year :unsure:

I'm sorry that is April 24, 2012...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.