donmarasigan

visiting the US with a pending F2A petition

18 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

I tried to get a tourist visa, with i-130 form pending, but I was rejected.

But maybe it was my fault. I always confuse with dates and periods of time, so at the interview I told the year of our marriage incorrectly... I blame myself so much for that. :crying:

I want to apply for B-2 visa once again, after my husbands' visit to Belarus, but I'm scared that I jeopardzed my chances of getting a visa by my stupid mistake.(((

09/09/2009 met and had been happily dating for almost a year when my husband (bf at that time) won in a green card lottery. By that time he divorced from his ex-wife, and I graduated from the university and had obligatory job placement in Belarus for 2 years on.
11/19/2010 got married. In about a month he left for the US and applied for family reunification.
03/24/2011 Priority Date
04/08/2013 NOA2

06/14/2013 Case Completed

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline

I've had the same question and I called the US embassy.

They confirmed that as long as my wife comes to visit and returns, it is perfectly fine.

Actually...when we had our wedding in the USA she arrived to the airport with her wedding dress in her hand crossing the border. The officer asked a few questions from her, gave me a call at my work phone and went through the same questions ...one by one ticked the box for each question as long as my response matched to what my wife said. I was honest upfront with him that she is coming to get married with me.

The key point was that we both referred to reaching out to the US embassy and seeking advice and they confirmed no problem at all....she got admitted, however the officer said he is unsure if it is a good decision he is making...and he said he makes a note on my file too, that I confirmed my wife will leave after the wedding. (yes, he did ask me to confirm that I understand that my green card can be refused to be prolonged in case I end up knowingly mislead them).

Of course, it wasn't the case, but he had to cover his back. Otherwise the discussion was friendly and he was very professional.

Conclusion: tell 100% truth and you will be fine.

She is on the visa waiver program, didn't need to apply for tourist visa.

NVC case number: 24 June 2013

17 Dec 2011: I-130 sent

21 Dec 2011: NOA1

16 May 2013: NOA2

24 Jun 2013: NVC case number received

25 Jun 2013: DS-3032 sent

27 Jun 2013: AOS bill received and paid

xx Jul 2013: AOS package sent

09 Jul 2013: DS-3032 accepted

11 Jul 2013: IV bill received and paid

21 Jul 2013: IV package sent

11 Oct 2013: Case completed

28 Oct 2013: Interview appointment received

17 Dec 2013: F2A visa interview

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline

I tried to get a tourist visa, with i-130 form pending, but I was rejected.

But maybe it was my fault. I always confuse with dates and periods of time, so at the interview I told the year of our marriage incorrectly... I blame myself so much for that. :crying:

I want to apply for B-2 visa once again, after my husbands' visit to Belarus, but I'm scared that I jeopardzed my chances of getting a visa by my stupid mistake.(((

Have you had your interview, and if not do you think it would come up then. i have a problem like that and am scared it might come up during my interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.