lisers76

Passport number changed...

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi all. My passport was not going to be good for 6 months after entry, so after my Packet 3 I got a new passport. I assumed that my passport number would stay the same but it has changed. My question now is what do I do. DHL/Loomis will probably need this new info as well as the consulate right? How do I get it to them???

Aos:

10-01-12. Sent AOS, AP and EAD

10-09-12- Recieved NOA's for forms

10-24-12- Successfully walked in for biometrics (originally scheduled for 11-08-12)

11-26-12- Made info pass appointment for emergency advance parole. Denied, but agent called service center to request an expedite.

11-28-12- Agent at Infopass called me to let me know service center approved my request.

12-01-12- Advance parole received in the mail (2 page version, not combo card)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Send a copy of your old and new PP to consulate. Update the PP info on the http://usvisa-info.com/en-CA/selfservice/us_courier_information

Send that info now with a para in letter explaining that you had to renew the PP because it was reaching exp within 6 months. Its all normal. It will take some time for MTL to open and update your file.

I didn't do anything. I took my old and new PP copy and original PP to medical. Same to consulate. They took out the old PP copy in my file that they had and took new PP copy and placed it inside. They know this very well.

Edited by jazzly

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Ok great thanks! :)

My interview is not until early July and my medical is coming up. I will be sure to bring both to that and send off the old and new copies of my passport.

Send a copy of your old and new PP to consulate. Update the PP info on the http://usvisa-info.com/en-CA/selfservice/us_courier_information

Send that info now with a para in letter explaining that you had to renew the PP because it was reaching exp within 6 months. Its all normal. It will take some time for MTL to open and update your file.

I didn't do anything. I took my old and new PP copy and original PP to medical. Same to consulate. They took out the old PP copy in my file that they had and took new PP copy and placed it inside. They know this very well.

Aos:

10-01-12. Sent AOS, AP and EAD

10-09-12- Recieved NOA's for forms

10-24-12- Successfully walked in for biometrics (originally scheduled for 11-08-12)

11-26-12- Made info pass appointment for emergency advance parole. Denied, but agent called service center to request an expedite.

11-28-12- Agent at Infopass called me to let me know service center approved my request.

12-01-12- Advance parole received in the mail (2 page version, not combo card)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I really don't see why you should send anything to Montreal in advance of your interview. By the time they receive it, open the mail, attach it to your file and then review it, your interview would have already happened. They're just that slow.

All I did was bring the new and old passports to the interview. I didn't even say a word about it, and they didn't ask. By the time you get into the interview room, the IO will have already reviewed your paperwork and your passport.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I got a new passport 2 weeks before my interview. It was a non issue. Why would they need that updated info before the intervew? Bring both with you and relax! This is a non-issue

Good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.