torontogal4388

DS-230 Online Submission question

4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

So, I've paid my fees online and follow the link for IV instructions on the receipt page.

Now I'm confused. I have completed the DS-230 including a 4 page addendum containing all my info that will not fit on the form.

But the website SEEMS to be saying I need to submit all my civil documents as well (see list below)

Required Documents

Original documents, photocopies, and translations (if required, as explained above) of the following documents must be submitted to the NVC for you and each family member immigrating with you to the United States.

Birth Certificates

Court and Prison Records

Deportation Documentation

Marriage Certificates

Marriage Termination Documentation

Military Records

Petitioner Documents

Photocopy of Valid Passport Biographic Data Page

Photographs

Police Certificates

Adoption Documentation

Is this true these are submitted at the same time as the DS-230 submission online?

and if the answer is YES, then don't I need a cover letter for this package too?

Edited by torontogal4388

One day at a time and pray like crazy!

event.png

event.png

So, I've paid my fees online and follow the link for IV instructions on the receipt page.

Now I'm confused. I have completed the DS-230 including a 4 page addendum containing all my info that will not fit on the form.

But the website SEEMS to be saying I need to submit all my civil documents as well (see list below)

Required Documents

Original documents, photocopies, and translations (if required, as explained above) of the following documents must be submitted to the NVC for you and each family member immigrating with you to the United States.

Birth Certificates

Court and Prison Records

Deportation Documentation

Marriage Certificates

Marriage Termination Documentation

Military Records

Petitioner Documents

Photocopy of Valid Passport Biographic Data Page

Photographs

Police Certificates

Adoption Documentation

Is this true these are submitted at the same time as the DS-230 submission online?

and if the answer is YES, then don't I need a cover letter for this package too?

For Canadians, it's REQUIRED to do online forms (DS-260, online form of DS-230). You do NOT complete the DS-230.

After (or before) you submit the DS-260 online, you have to send in the IV package (minus the DS-230). If you signed up for electronic processing, you'd email the IV package.

I HIGHLY suggest you read the wiki I wrote (linked in my signature below). It deals with EP and online forms. Please give it a read and if you have questions afterwards, I'd gladly answer you :)

Moved thread to IR-1/CR-1 forum as OP isn't applying for a K-1 visa

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

For Canadians, it's REQUIRED to do online forms (DS-260, online form of DS-230). You do NOT complete the DS-230.

After (or before) you submit the DS-260 online, you have to send in the IV package (minus the DS-230). If you signed up for electronic processing, you'd email the IV package.

I HIGHLY suggest you read the wiki I wrote (linked in my signature below). It deals with EP and online forms. Please give it a read and if you have questions afterwards, I'd gladly answer you :)

Moved thread to IR-1/CR-1 forum as OP isn't applying for a K-1 visa

Saylin, I have read it. And read it, and read it. I don't know why I'm getting so stressed and having trouble at this point. Could be just coupled with an extremely stressful job, by the time I get home at night I'm already fried. I'll go back over it AGAIN.

G

One day at a time and pray like crazy!

event.png

event.png

Saylin, I have read it. And read it, and read it. I don't know why I'm getting so stressed and having trouble at this point. Could be just coupled with an extremely stressful job, by the time I get home at night I'm already fried. I'll go back over it AGAIN.

G

Would you be able to get a day off work just so you can spend one day solely focusing on your case? Or maybe wait until this weekend to sit down and focus.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.