PrupleBlue

Recent DOS experience what can this mean?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

I called DOS and first the representative could not pull up the file with the case number (first time this happened to me). She asked if I called before and I replied yes every week! after 5-6 min of trying she then asked for my social and used my SS to pull up the file. long story short, she told me the case is still under AP but was able to tell me that the last time the file was worked on was April 10th. This is the first time I was given a specific date as to when the file was worked on. Can this mean something or am I getting excited/nervous over nothing???

How much can you truly rely on he agents response? This I believe is one of the most difficult question to answer. Some will have positve, some will have negative experience with the agents; however, in general these agents tend to provide information on what they have. In case we (suffering souls) ask questions they can't answer, they may not give you an accurate answer or will try to dodge it in some way.

In this case, you could be happy about the fact that they gave you a definitive answer. Someone has touched your case otherwise she would not be that specific. On the contrary, what does that mean, that's where you can feel bit pessimistic. However something happened to your case, whether that means you are coming out of AP or they are launching more checks, that's something just wait and see.

However, my 2 cents would be, please continue your quest and keep calling DOS and email BD embassy for an update. In a frustrating time like this, these will keep you going.

Good luck and best wishes for you. Hopefully this will be over soon.

Timeline

How much can you truly rely on he agents response? This I believe is one of the most difficult question to answer. Some will have positve, some will have negative experience with the agents; however, in general these agents tend to provide information on what they have. In case we (suffering souls) ask questions they can't answer, they may not give you an accurate answer or will try to dodge it in some way.

In this case, you could be happy about the fact that they gave you a definitive answer. Someone has touched your case otherwise she would not be that specific. On the contrary, what does that mean, that's where you can feel bit pessimistic. However something happened to your case, whether that means you are coming out of AP or they are launching more checks, that's something just wait and see.

However, my 2 cents would be, please continue your quest and keep calling DOS and email BD embassy for an update. In a frustrating time like this, these will keep you going.

Good luck and best wishes for you. Hopefully this will be over soon.

Thanks for your thoughts...I call DOS every week! sometimes even twice a week...just desperate ;( Hopefully this suffering ends soooon..........

Timeline

Thanks for your thoughts...I call DOS every week! sometimes even twice a week...just desperate ;( Hopefully this suffering ends soooon..........

I hope ur wait come to an end soon. I can imagin the pain u must be going through. Iam praying for u. As for me, the lawyer said it will take 2 weeks to get the documents that the embassy want. The good news is that there are less chances of AP since the documents are coming from DOS so really no need for namecheck and stuff. Hope its true but u never know with embassy. It been a whole year since I started the process so hoping for a fast approval after we submit the papers. Good luck to u. Beleive me im praying for al of us that are still stuck waiting for approval. Allah will soon answer our prayers Inshallah..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

I called DOS and first the representative could not pull up the file with the case number (first time this happened to me). She asked if I called before and I replied yes every week! after 5-6 min of trying she then asked for my social and used my SS to pull up the file. long story short, she told me the case is still under AP but was able to tell me that the last time the file was worked on was April 10th. This is the first time I was given a specific date as to when the file was worked on. Can this mean something or am I getting excited/nervous over nothing???

I hope they have good news for you. Personally I don't call DOS. They are so vague with the answers , I stoped calling.

jkshrmfeqk.png

ooOcm7.png

event.png

Timeline

I hope they have good news for you. Personally I don't call DOS. They are so vague with the answers , I stoped calling.

I think I`m done calling DOS too! Its just depressing to hear the same ####### every time! I think I will just wait for the Embassy to call my fiance cuz that is the call that will make all the difference...

I hope ur wait come to an end soon. I can imagin the pain u must be going through. Iam praying for u. As for me, the lawyer said it will take 2 weeks to get the documents that the embassy want. The good news is that there are less chances of AP since the documents are coming from DOS so really no need for namecheck and stuff. Hope its true but u never know with embassy. It been a whole year since I started the process so hoping for a fast approval after we submit the papers. Good luck to u. Beleive me im praying for al of us that are still stuck waiting for approval. Allah will soon answer our prayers Inshallah..

InshAllah I pray that you don't go in AP. Waiting to hear your good news :) Thanks for keeping me in your prayers...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.