Slithytoves

Flowchart for CR-1/IR-1

11 posts in this topic

Member Guest123 initiated a thread that resulted in an absolutely brilliant and super-helpful flowchart for the K-3, now posted on VJ. Thanks a million! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

The thing that I found most useful about it was the column with the hints on what the couple should be doing/preparing at any given time. Is there any plan to do a similarly-formatted chart for the CR-1? It would be great to have a comprehensive resource. The existing NVC flowchart is very useful, but with the complete start-to-finish process delineated and the hints and time-frames added it would be absolutely invaluable.

If this was addressed and dismissed already, my apologies.

Alice

Edited by Slithytoves

Final Timeline

08-21-2006 ... I-130 sent to Texas

05-15-2007 ... My husband arrives in USA with CR-1

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Is there any plan to do a similarly-formatted chart for the CR-1?

Are you volunteering?

Start a thread & let's start picking the guide apart---all of these things are user-created. Maybe MrGuest would let us borrow whatever tool he used to do the layout on the K-3 one?

Go for it! :thumbs:

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Are you volunteering?

Start a thread & let's start picking the guide apart---all of these things are user-created. Maybe MrGuest would let us borrow whatever tool he used to do the layout on the K-3 one?

I'm barely competent enough to log on to the forums, let alone produce a flowchart like that gorgeous hunk of info Guest123 brought to the party. But if all it takes is for someone to start a thread, well, consider it started!

Y'know Meauxna, I almost didn't post that because I didn't want to seem like the kind of girl who wants something done but doesn't do it herself. I'll be darned if you didn't come along and whack me right between the eyes! Seriously, my knowledge and skills are more than a little bit limited in this area. Heck, that's why I want to see this thing done in the first place! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Alice

Edited by Slithytoves

Final Timeline

No better way to learn than wade through the details and document them!

:P

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Are you volunteering?

I'm barely competent enough to log on to the forums, let alone produce a flowchart like that gorgeous hunk of info Guest123 brought to the party. But if all it takes is for someone to start a thread, well, consider it started!

Y'know Meauxna, I almost didn't post that because I didn't want to seem like the kind of girl who wants something done but doesn't do it herself. I'll be darned if you didn't come along and whack me right between the eyes! Seriously, my knowledge and skills are more than a little bit limited in this area. Heck, that's why I want to see this thing done in the first place! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Alice

heheh.. I was thinking just what Jen is.. it's the best way to really 'get' it---for me anyway, writing really helps. Didn't mean to smack you, just that it is a good idea, I don't have time to do it, a lot of people here don't realise that all the info here is user created (and Ewok designed!) and thre aer a lot of people here with good info to contribute.

So, let's have at it here. Someone PM MrGuest to the table and why don't you start a rough outline? We'll all fill in as it goes. (Special thanx to devilette for getting the K-1 Guide updated this same way!).

:)

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

heheh.. I was thinking just what Jen is.. it's the best way to really 'get' it---for me anyway, writing really helps. Didn't mean to smack you, just that it is a good idea, I don't have time to do it, a lot of people here don't realise that all the info here is user created (and Ewok designed!) and thre aer a lot of people here with good info to contribute.

So, let's have at it here. Someone PM MrGuest to the table and why don't you start a rough outline? We'll all fill in as it goes. (Special thanx to devilette for getting the K-1 Guide updated this same way!).

:)

Okay, okay! Teamwork time.

- Gather documents, prepare I-130 package and mail to your designated USCIS Service Center

- 1 to 3 weeks later, receive NOA-1 in mail

- Register on USCIS website so you can check case status

- Begin collecting basic documents for the DS-230, I-864 and interview

- 2 to 4 months later, approval of I-130

- 2 to 3 weeks later, NVC assigns case number ... but then ...

Now from here I have a question. Do we write the flowchart to include James' Shortcuts, or is that a bad idea? Honestly, I think we may actually need two flowcharts - one for those who do not wish to use the Shortcuts, and one for those who do. Capt Ewok, it is my understanding that VJ does not want to suggest the use of the shortcuts too strongly, so I understand that you may not want to include their use in the only flowchart on the site. But on the other hand, those who use the Shortcuts might need this flowchart even more than those who wait out the tranditional system.

Opinions? I for one want to see a detailed flowchart that includes the Shortcuts.

Alice

Edited by Slithytoves

Final Timeline

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Count me in guys!!! What great idea. For me I think we need to mention the shortcuts and then post the following link.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=117

That is what I bookmarked for a good guide to both aussiewench's suggestions and James shortcuts. Some people may not want to use them some may. This way we don't confuse anyone as to what NEEDS to be done or what one can do to speed up the process a bit. Hope this helps as I am all for helping out. PM me anytime for somethings I can do to help.

Doug

I-130

2006 09 06 Mailed I-130

2006 09 07 Rec'd at CA Center

2006 09 13 I-130 NOA1 receipt date

2006 11 22 NOA2, approved

2007 02 15 Case complete at NVC

2007 02 21 Case forwarded to Bogota Embassy

2007 02 23 Case received at Embassy

2007 04 12 Interview,VISA GRANTED

I-751- Removing Conditions

2009 04 08 Overnight Application

2009 04 09 Rec'd Application at CSC

2009 04 17 Rec'd NOA

2009 05 10 Called CSC - No Biometrix letter, 45 day Inquiry starts

2009 05 18 Made Info Pass appointment for June 2

2009 05 26 Rec'd response and copy of Bio Appt letter dated May 14, Appt on May 28

2009 05 27 Biometrix-walked in a day early and completed appointment

2009 06 01 Approved Conditions Removed (rec'd Congratulations letter on June 9)

2009 06 12 Touched but nothing changed on USCIS website

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I do think that James Shortcuts are very valuable, and more people might feel confident to use them and use them properly if they saw exactly how the flow works.

I'd vote for two flowcharts, one with and one without JS. Thanks, Guest123, for starting all of this. Thanks, Slithytoves, for pushing for a CR-1/IR-1 version.

JMHO,

JenM

For CR-1 Process:

CIS

08.17.06 - I-130 mailed to TSC

08.29.06 - NOA-1 generated

09.04.06 - NOA-1 received in the mail from CSC

09.11.06 - *Touch*

09.15.06 - *Touch*

11.01.06 - APPROVED!! [76 days]

NVC

11.20.06 - Case number assigned

11.21.06 - E-mailed Choice of Agent and mailed AOS Bill using James' Shortcuts

11.28.06 - Choice of Agent in NVC system

12.04.06 - IV Bill and I-864 Packet generated

12.06.06 - I-864 mailed using James' Shortcuts

12.12.06 - IV Bill rec'd via USPS and payment sent back to NVC same day

12.21.06 - I-864 in NVC system

12.26.06 - DS-230 generated

12.29.06 - DS-230 mailed using James' Shortcuts

01.08.07 - All paperwork in NVC system.

02.07.07 - Case complete [80 days]. NVC reports our file has left for London

*** Saved total of 29 days using James' Shortcuts***

London Embassy

03.06.07 - Packet arrives with interview date & instructions

04.03.07 - Medical in London - went smoothly

04.12.07 - 10.30 AM Interview at London Embassy - in and out in half an hour!

04.13.07 - Visa arrives at Hubby's home in York, 1.30 PM. WOW!

04.29.07 - Husband arrives in US via Newark. :)

Heh Alice

Just thought you's like to know we have very similar time line to you...and we got email today that I130 approved...only 70 days....US / Uk relationship...pretty good...hope you get yours soon!!!!

Clare

Clare

02.19.04 - Married in USVI - Jody to move to UK

04.24.04 - Jody moves to UK

08.01.05 - Jody gets headhunted back to US

08.02.06 - Clare decides to move to US..sends I-130 to Texas

08.17.06 - NOA-1 received in the mail from CSC

09.21.06 - I-129F mailed to Chigago

10.10.06 - I-129F received

11.10.06 - NOA-2 I130 approved (EMAIL) - amazing only 70 days

10.15.06 - I-129F - Touched

10.16.06 - I-129F - Touched

10.17.06 - I-129F - Email - Forwarded to CSC

10.16.06 - NOA-2 I130 received in mail from CSC

10.24.06 - I-129F - Received at CSC

10.26.06 - I-129F - Touched

11.09.06 - I-129F - Approved (email received)( 49 days WOW)

11.10.06 - NVC receives CR1 documents

11.17.06 - Receive AOS Bill and copy of DS-3032 in US

11.21.06 - Sent payment for AOS Bill

11.22.06 - Sent completed copy of DS-3032 (from US)

11.27.06 - UK copy of DS-3032 received ( already completed and sent)

01.17.07 - I864 received

01.19.07 - DS230 sent

03.12.07 - Case complete and forwarded to US Embassy London

03.28.07 - Received Interview date - May 14th

04.12.07 - Medical London

05.14.07 - Visa Interview - Visa granted

06.02.07 - POE Orlando....Breeze

Heh Alice

Just thought you's like to know we have very similar time line to you...and we got email today that I130 approved...only 70 days....US / Uk relationship...pretty good...hope you get yours soon!!!!

Clare

There seems to have been a rush of UK/US submissions in that little time frame. It will certainly give us some people to keep an eye on. Nice to share the journey with you!

Congratulations on your approval - very encouraging! I can't wait to have that feeling myself, hopefully within two weeks. Do you honestly think the speedy progress has anything to do with where the beneficiary is from at this stage? When the Petitioner is the one who is under the most scrutiny? Well, if it's true, then I must say I can't complain ... .

Back to the original thread, since the CR-1/IR-1 flowchart idea hasn't gotten much response and not too many people have anything to say about what said flowchart should include, I'm going to take some time to study this weekend and work out a rough draft myself. If none of the veterans chime in or help out, then at least I'll have it for my own use, though I bet I'll still have just as many questions that way!

Alice

Final Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.