jr10

parental consent or parental advice

31 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
47 minutes ago, Louize said:

Got it. Should I create a simple letter or does it needs to be like a sworn legal letter? 

No, she’s not my legal guardian because there’s no legal documents. But she’s the one who took care of me since 3 years old. 

It needs to be a notarized document, use this as your template for the document

http://www.quezoncity.gov.ph/images/stories/downloadables/forms/parentadvice.pdf

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/cfo-orientation-seminar.html

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

25 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

It needs to be a notarized document, use this as your template for the document

http://www.quezoncity.gov.ph/images/stories/downloadables/forms/parentadvice.pdf

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/cfo-orientation-seminar.html

Should I remOve the signatatories for my mother and legal guardian?

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Louize said:

Should I remOve the signatatories for my mother and legal guardian?

The attorney that will notarize the document will probably want to type up his own ... they usually do  ;)    Talk to him about this.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

3 hours ago, Hank_ said:

The attorney that will notarize the document will probably want to type up his own ... they usually do  ;)    Talk to him about this.

So basically I can fill out the said sample letter that you have attached and bring it to the attorney to have it notarized right? I’m so if I have alot of inquiries, I’m just so confused with this. Or should I just go the attorney and ask to create a parent advice letter?

Timeline
26 minutes ago, Louize said:

So basically I can fill out the said sample letter that you have attached and bring it to the attorney to have it notarized right? I’m so if I have alot of inquiries, I’m just so confused with this. Or should I just go the attorney and ask to create a parent advice letter?

Yes you could use that letter exactly as is, have it signed and notarized . that document is from Quezon City, and is about the same as all others I have seen

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
29 minutes ago, Chris Duffy said:

I had to do the Parental Consent years ago. I was just checking to make sure the OP wasn't thinking it was needed for USEM

Made note of that to the OP about 6-8 posts back.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
3 hours ago, Louize said:

Just an update. I have called the CFO today and I was told that there’s a small possibility to ask for the parental advice letter since my fiancée is also a Filipino.

Are your fiancee's parents in the USA or Phils?

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Wait, I'm confused now.  My fiancee is 21.  We were under the impression she would not need a letter from parents for the CFO as she's coming to the states to get married and not in the Philippines.  Does she need to get a letter from her parents now too?!?

11/14/17 129F mailed

11/17/17 NOA1

05/14/18 NOA2

06/06/18 NVC received and case # assigned

06/12/18 left NVC

06/13/18 Manila Embassy received

06/13/18 CFO completed at Clark Pampanga

06/18-19/18 Medical exam

07/10/18 Interview - APPROVED!!

07/29/18 POE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.