Fiance.

AFTER I129F - What next and next

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi people!!

So after you send the package, instead beeing waiting doing nothing we can always start to do the next step right? I mean prepare the interwiew part, NOW the question is, can I fill all the files after I send the package? pay the fee and stuff and just wait for the medical exam to be read?

Another question:

After is approved whats next step? apply for AOS? can I work there without it? and after OAS what would be the next step?

Thank you.

ticker.png

Hi people!!

So after you send the package, instead beeing waiting doing nothing we can always start to do the next step right? I mean prepare the interwiew part, NOW the question is, can I fill all the files after I send the package? pay the fee and stuff and just wait for the medical exam to be read?

Another question:

After is approved whats next step? apply for AOS? can I work there without it? and after OAS what would be the next step?

Thank you.

:guides:

The post-NOA2 steps are included on that page...you know, the one you said you've memorized? :lol:

Once the I-129F petition and supporting materials are sent off, the waiting game begins. You can't do the medical exam until the petition is approved and is sent to Dept. of State side of the process.

Beyond reading the K-1 guide, read the K-1 flowchart, the Adjustment of Status guide, and get acquainted with the country where the interview will be held.

Part One: The K-1 Visa Journey:

USCIS Receipt of I-129F: January 24, 2012 | Petition Approval: June 15, 2012 (No RFEs)
Interview: October 24, 2012 - Review | Visa Delivered: October 31, 2012

Part Two: Entry and Adjusting Status:

POE: November 18, 2012 (at SFO) - Review
Wedding: December 1, 2012 | Social Security: New cards received on December 7, 2012.
AOS Package (I-485/I-765/I-131) NOA1: February 19, 2013 | Biometrics Appt.: March 18, 2013
AP/EAD Approved: April 29, 2013 | Card Received: May 6, 2013 | AOS Interview Appt.: May 16, 2013 - Approved Review Card Received: May 24, 2013

Part Three: Removal of Conditions:

Coming Soon...

"When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." – George Carlin

Hi people!!

Another question:

Thank you.

You can begin to prepare the documents by checking your embassy's website to see what the require. Knowing which country the beneficiary is in will help us give you a better answer. I could tell you everything that we did, but unless you are going thru the Almaty Consulate it will be meaningless as I have seen what others in Canada, London, PI had to do for their interview and it was no where near what we had to do.

I would continue to communicate with each other and keep records of that.

If you can, visit your beneficiary and document that.

Look at the forms and begin preparing them, you don't want to do too much ahead of time so the dates are closer to the date of the interview (just MHO)

After the K-1 is approved, typically the beneficiary has 180 days tio enter the US, but check that just to make certain you do not miss the valid period of teh K-1

Once the beneficiary arrives in the US, the K-1 has been used and the I-94 determines the beneficiary's status. You have until it expires to get married (90 days)

After about two week in the US, go to the local SSA office and apply for a SSN (you can get one based on teh K-1. It just might take educating the local people of that fact)

Get married before the 90 days.

File for AOS, AP/EAD and begin waiting as you cannot work until the EAD arrives or the GC arrives.

After AOS you will have to do the ROC starting 90 days before your 2 years as a LPR. So you must keep records of your relationship and all that.

You may want to have a read of the guides here on VJ for guidance.

Good luck,

Dave

Filed: Timeline

You can begin to prepare the documents by checking your embassy's website to see what the require. Knowing which country the beneficiary is in will help us give you a better answer. I could tell you everything that we did, but unless you are going thru the Almaty Consulate it will be meaningless as I have seen what others in Canada, London, PI had to do for their interview and it was no where near what we had to do.

I would continue to communicate with each other and keep records of that.

If you can, visit your beneficiary and document that.

Look at the forms and begin preparing them, you don't want to do too much ahead of time so the dates are closer to the date of the interview (just MHO)

After the K-1 is approved, typically the beneficiary has 180 days tio enter the US, but check that just to make certain you do not miss the valid period of teh K-1

Once the beneficiary arrives in the US, the K-1 has been used and the I-94 determines the beneficiary's status. You have until it expires to get married (90 days)

After about two week in the US, go to the local SSA office and apply for a SSN (you can get one based on teh K-1. It just might take educating the local people of that fact)

Get married before the 90 days.

File for AOS, AP/EAD and begin waiting as you cannot work until the EAD arrives or the GC arrives.

After AOS you will have to do the ROC starting 90 days before your 2 years as a LPR. So you must keep records of your relationship and all that.

You may want to have a read of the guides here on VJ for guidance.

Good luck,

Dave

wow that was confusing, I guess im not familiar with those names, well I checked wich forms to fill etc etc, I just want understand the whole process cause to me seems to be unendless and sooo complicate, I have not even send the package yet but Im worried about the next step cause looks way complicated then now.

Thank you

:guides:

The post-NOA2 steps are included on that page...you know, the one you said you've memorized? :lol:

Once the I-129F petition and supporting materials are sent off, the waiting game begins. You can't do the medical exam until the petition is approved and is sent to Dept. of State side of the process.

Beyond reading the K-1 guide, read the K-1 flowchart, the Adjustment of Status guide, and get acquainted with the country where the interview will be held.

So nice that in your case you will have to wait for just 1 month eh!

ticker.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.