beejay

Stand alone I-130 for stepchild(ren)

1,280 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

WOW , I love success stories. Happy for you and your family.

Thanks MOMOE I pray your visa journey will end soon.

Lifting Conditions I751 Event Date CIS Office : Vermont Service CenterDate Filed : 2013-12-12NOA Date : 2013-12-30RFE(s) : Bio. Appt. : 1/29/14Interview Date :Approval / Denial Date : 4/22/14Got I551 Stamp :Green Card Received :[4/29/2014]Comments : cfmstore_flag_hybrid_ghana_america_heade<p>

Thanks MOMOE I pray your visa journey will end soon.

Thank You so much... It is quite a journey :(

I paid AOS fees of $88 last week Wednesday. It shows paid. What am I waiting on next? I saw the AOS PACKET AND NV packet on here.Am I expecting this in the mail//

Ps/ Anyone want to take over my process..it toooooo mucccchh.

Filed: IR-2 Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Thank You so much... It is quite a journey :(

I paid AOS fees of $88 last week Wednesday. It shows paid. What am I waiting on next? I saw the AOS PACKET AND NV packet on here.Am I expecting this in the mail//

Ps/ Anyone want to take over my process..it toooooo mucccchh.

Good news: You don't have to wait on anything for AOS - you can print the cover sheet that was generated when you paid the AOS fee, and send the I-864 form with supporting documents (tax transcripts, etc.)

You already sent the Choice of Agent and Address (DS-3032 form or by e-mail template)? As soon as you get confirmation by e-mail that it was accepted, you will be invoiced for the IV bill. Pay it, print the coversheet and mail off the DS-230 form and supporting documents. Assuming you don't receive a checklist for more information, you are DONE.

If you gave an e-mail address as part of the choice of agent, I think everything will be sent electronically only. We haven't received anything else by mail and I don't think my stepson in Bulgaria has either.

Check out the wiki for IR-2s and the monthly NVC thread (first two posts) - EVERYTHING is there!. I would have been lost without that!!! I have referred to the FAQs there soooooo many times.

I am just waiting to hear if my stepson's case has been completed yet... I really want to know the interview date so I can make some plans, because my husband, and maybe I, will be going to the interview. I called NVC on Wednesday (only the 8th business day since it was received) and the person I spoke with said it's still being reviewed... At least I think that's what he said... I should have paid more attention. He saw that the fees were paid. I'll call again next week. :)

[i am the USC and the wife/stepmother]
The prelude - 2007
November 22 - Married in Bulgaria.
CR-1 - 2008
January 7 I-130 sent - APPROVED in 106 days.
Interview - APPROVED 175 days from NOA-1 date
ROC - 2010-2011
October 5 - I-751 sent APPROVED 111 days from NOA-1 date, no interview.
NATURALIZATION - 2012
APPROVED 79 days.
May 9 - Oath ceremony - in Oakland, CA.

*************Didn't have enough of the immigration process yet!! Starting again with 16-year-old (step)son****************
IR-2 - 2012-2013
---USCIS---
Nov 15 - I-130 sent. NOA-1 received from MSC.
Jan 22 - APPROVED 65 days from NOA-1. Never transferred to field office.
---NVC---
Feb 4 - received @ NVC
Feb 26 - Got NVC Case # and Invoice ID #
----------------------------------slowing down the process a little... stepson can't come till nearly July-----------------------------
March 19 - Sent e-mail Choice of Agent, without scan of DS-3032. Paid AOS fee ($88).
April 1 - Choice of Agent information accepted (10th "working day" to accept).
April 3 - IV invoice appeared. Paid IV fee ($230).
April 11 - Sent IV package and AOS package TOGETHER. Confirmed delivery April 15.

April 26 - Case Complete (10th working day)

May 14 - Interview date assigned (12th working day)

June 5 - Interview in Sofia - VISA GRANTED!!!

June 16 - POE @ SFO. No problems. He's a citizen now!

Oct 4 - US Passport received. (SS card received some time in the summer; had to go to SSA office to obtain)

• Any news yet Serenity?

Thanks for all your help ..the reference page you gave me has such great information

You can send in your AOS package now, with the coversheet which you will print from the nvc payment portal site. You will eventually be billed for the IV fee, once your ds3032 is accepted. Then you will put that package together and mail that in with the coversheet as well.

Edited by lucy4

10/10/07 - I-129F sent to VSC

04/30/08 - POE Newark

07/06/08 - Wedding..... I'm Married Yall!!!

I130 for Minor Child

7/26/12 - Sent to Chicago Lockbox

7/30/12 - Priority date

3/15/13 - NOA2!!!!!!!

3/25/13 - NVC received my case

4/08/13 - Emailed ds3032 template

4/09/13 - NVC case number and IIN number generated

4/11/13 - aos fee bill invoiced/paid/and pkg sent

4/12/13 - aos fee paid again after being rejected/ds3032 resent and accepted

4/15/13 - aos pkg delivered/iv bill invoiced and paid

4/16/13 - iv pkg sent express mail/ aos status changed to paid

4/17/13 - iv pkg delivered/ iv status changed to paid.

4/29/13 - Case Complete!

5/10/13 - Interview notice emailed.

6/05/13 - INTERVIEW

Timeline
  • Any news yet Serenity?

Thanks for all your help ..the reference page you gave me has such great information

Case Complete!! So that was the 10th "working day." Not bad. I just called on a whim today, so I haven't received any e-mails yet. No interview date yet....

lucy4 - you are next!

Who else is right behind us?

and evoria - I don't think I sent congratulations to you yet! I wonder how long it will take to get an interview date.

P.S. It looks like VJ changed some things with their website. My Bulgarian donkey avatar has his face cut off now sad.png At least on my screen. He was suuuuuuuuch a funny donkey... ran over to get his face in my camera.

Edited by SerenityNOW

The prelude - 2007
CR-1 - 2008
ROC - 2010-2011
NATURALIZATION - 2012
APPROVED 79 days.

*************Didn't have enough of the immigration process yet!! Starting again with 16-year-old (step)son****************
IR-2 - 2012-2013
---USCIS---
---NVC---
Feb 4 - received @ NVC
----------------------------------slowing down the process a little... stepson can't come till nearly July-----------------------------
March 19 - Sent e-mail Choice of Agent, without scan of DS-3032. Paid AOS fee ($88).
April 11 - Sent IV package and AOS package TOGETHER. Confirmed delivery April 15.

Oct 4 - US Passport received. (SS card received some time in the summer; had to go to SSA office to obtain)

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Case Complete!! So that was the 10th "working day." Not bad. I just called on a whim today, so I haven't received any e-mails yet. No interview date yet....

lucy4 - you are next!

and evoria - I don't think I sent congratulations to you yet! I wonder how long it will take to get an interview date.

P.S. It looks like VJ changed some things with their website. My Bulgarian donkey avatar has his face cut off now sad.png At least on my screen. He was suuuuuuuuch a funny donkey... ran over to get his face in my camera.

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i hoping im right behind you guys.. i turned in the corrected i864 for one of my stepsons on the 16th..fingers crossed i get the email or snail mail soon! im too lazy to call LOL .

hope your interview is scheduled quickly!!

lucy4 - you are next!

Yay! Congrats! Im calling right now. I know as of last Thursday my IV package was under review.

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i hoping im right behind you guys.. i turned in the corrected i864 for one of my stepsons on the 16th..fingers crossed i get the email or snail mail soon! im too lazy to call LOL .

Quana, you better get on that phone. You know darn well that It will be like two weeks after before you get any email and even more for snail mail. I need to move this along.

04/30/08 - POE Newark

I130 for Minor Child

7/30/12 - Priority date

3/15/13 - NOA2!!!!!!!

4/29/13 - Case Complete!

6/05/13 - INTERVIEW

CASE COMPLETE Baby!!!!!

04/30/08 - POE Newark

I130 for Minor Child

7/30/12 - Priority date

3/15/13 - NOA2!!!!!!!

4/29/13 - Case Complete!

6/05/13 - INTERVIEW

Timeline

CASE COMPLETE Baby!!!!!

YEEEEEEEES!!

The prelude - 2007
CR-1 - 2008
ROC - 2010-2011
NATURALIZATION - 2012
APPROVED 79 days.

IR-2 - 2012-2013
---USCIS---
---NVC---
Feb 4 - received @ NVC

YEEEEEEEES!!

I'm gonna try my own shortcut to get this interview scheduled. Lets see how it works. Does anyone know who schedules the interviews? Is it the embassy or the NVC?

04/30/08 - POE Newark

I130 for Minor Child

7/30/12 - Priority date

3/15/13 - NOA2!!!!!!!

4/29/13 - Case Complete!

6/05/13 - INTERVIEW

Timeline

And YOU are next! Call them, call them - we could have a trio of complete cases in a day!

I was perusing the May 2013 Interviews thread in the spouse forum... the average time from case complete to interview is about 2 months, and the last few approvals that have interviews scheduled have followed this pattern (April 24>>>June17, April 17>>>June 26, and April 15 >>> June 24). For my husband's CR-1, the time was less than one month (July 9>>>August 4). I am hoping so much that it wil be 2 months this time - that would be PERFECT for our plans, as my stepson is in school until the end of June. Of course, if Murphy's Law prevails, we will get a date soon while others who want this to happen quickly will have to wait and wait.

If I could have my ideal date, it would be in the last week of June. It would be great to have my stepson here for Independence Day!

The prelude - 2007
CR-1 - 2008
ROC - 2010-2011
NATURALIZATION - 2012
APPROVED 79 days.

IR-2 - 2012-2013
---USCIS---
---NVC---
Feb 4 - received @ NVC

Timeline

I'm gonna try my own shortcut to get this interview scheduled. Lets see how it works. Does anyone know who schedules the interviews? Is it the embassy or the NVC?

NVC schedules.

As soon as they schedule it, they send the package to the embassy (not sure how quickly - check out the DHL tracking thread in the Consulate/Embassy forum - now that is FUN to track your package to the embassy. I did it with my husband's package 5 years ago).

Once you have a date, then you can contact the embassy directly about changing the date.

GOOD LUCK! I was thinking about you and if you might be able to expedite the interview.

The prelude - 2007
CR-1 - 2008
ROC - 2010-2011
NATURALIZATION - 2012
APPROVED 79 days.

IR-2 - 2012-2013
---USCIS---
---NVC---
Feb 4 - received @ NVC

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Heyyyyy ladies!! well i went ahead and called and although step son 1's case is complete dancin5hr.gif (as expected we never got a RFE on him), they still show the corrected I864 for stepson 2 is outstanding.. crying.gif

but its all good..im sure it will be processed next week and im gonna be playing the waiting game along with you all!!!!! Serenity, I also noticed the timeframe is normally about 2 mnths after case complete so maybe we will be early july which would be okay IF we didnt have the possible DNA cloud over our heads and another mnth or two waiting . ranting33va.gif im thinking good thoughts though, maybe we will slide thrugoofy.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

We have an interview date! Yippee! June 6th. OMG. I am excited and scared, I guess because I am not going. Now I have a new question, what do we need to present at the interview for the kids? For my husband, we had to prove relationship. For the kids what do we need to prove? Thanks everyone for your help and good luck for some movement on your case this week.

Lifting Conditions I751 Event Date CIS Office : Vermont Service CenterDate Filed : 2013-12-12NOA Date : 2013-12-30RFE(s) : Bio. Appt. : 1/29/14Interview Date :Approval / Denial Date : 4/22/14Got I551 Stamp :Green Card Received :[4/29/2014]Comments : cfmstore_flag_hybrid_ghana_america_heade<p>

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.