niuzi6795

what's wrong with my Green Card application

11 posts in this topic

Hello everybody

I am K1 visa holder, I already get married and I mail my Green Card application on 26th March, the USPS website show my mail is in Chicago on 28th March. Now I still don't get any letter from USCIS Chicago to inform me they take my application. And they even don't take my check $1070. I don't know what's wrong with my case.

The address for me mailed is below:

USCIS Chicago Lockbox Address

USCIS

P.O. Box 805887

Chicago, IL 60680-4120

Can anybody help me?

and how can I know if they receive my application or something wrong with the postoffice?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Around Christmas it took 20 days from sending AOS packet until receiving NOA1 for me. If you haven't heard anything within 30 days, you can call USCIS and ask if they have anything in your name/A#. Until then, you can look through the essential documents to look for errors, or if you sent the correct amount.

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

i hope this week you should be getting the noa-1. did you check to see if your check was cashed.did you send a G-1145 form to nofity you your file arrived.

Around Christmas it took 20 days from sending AOS packet until receiving NOA1 for me. If you haven't heard anything within 30 days, you can call USCIS and ask if they have anything in your name/A#. Until then, you can look through the essential documents to look for errors, or if you sent the correct amount.

Thank you for your reply

I didn't filled my #A, I thought that is the number that they will give to me when they accept my application. will this be the reason they don't deal with my case?

For the application fee, my husband write they a check $1070.

If the check is not right, will they inform me? or They just throw my case and never inform me?

i hope this week you should be getting the noa-1. did you check to see if your check was cashed.did you send a G-1145 form to nofity you your file arrived.

Thank you for your reply

Yes, we check the check, they don't take the money, this is what I am worry about, I think even they don't deal with my case, at least they will take the money, but now they even don't take the money! Does this mean they haven't receive my application or they lost my application? Do I need mail my application again?

I didn't send G-1145.

Timeline

No, if you don't have an A # you of course can't check it through that. :) However, there's most likely an A# on the NOA2 you got from the approved i129f petition.

AOS from K1 is 1070 in total.

It doesn't mean they haven't received your case, it means they haven't processed it yet(taken the check, assigning case number). Give it another week or so before calling USCIS. If you haven't heard anything(check cashed/NOA1/rejected AOS), and USCIS customer service can't really do much for you, then schedule an infopass appointment.

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

just now I called USCIS, they told me they already mailed me a receipt on 4th, April, but now 14 days past, I don't get any letter. I ask them if they could mail me other letter, they said no, they told me that letter is only for receipt, and then them gave me a receipt number, and ask me to wait for next letter.

I am so eager to have a drive licence, if I don't have green card, I can't have drive licence, right?

is the receipt from USCIS have a lot of information? the lady in the USCIS told me they won't mail me another receipt even perhaps the postoffice last my letter for this. She only give me the number for receipt, I wonder if the receipt is very important, do I need to ask postoffice find that letter for me?

Thank you for your help

Timeline

Depends on the state. Which state are you in? In some you can get a driver's license until the i94 expires, and in other states you have to wait until receiving the EAD or greencard.

If you have the receipt number you can check your case status online( https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/Dashboard.do ). It's just a receipt saying your i-485 is pending however if being questioned about your immigration status, you can show that as proof of AOS pending. You can't use the receipt to get a driver's license. In fact, they just renewed the looks of the receipts so it now says “THIS NOTICE DOES NOT GRANT ANY IMMIGRATION STATUS OR BENEFIT."

If the notice was deliverable then you'll see on your online status that your mail was returned.

finally I receive NOA, the letter ask me go to Application Support Center to "capture my biometrics" on 05/07/2012, but the letter doesn't ask me to take vaccination. Do I miss some letters or documents?

and what is the process for Applying Green Card? I am a little confused!

Thank you so much!

Timeline

Your vaccinations haven't got anything to do with the biometrics appointment. That appointment is for having your picture taken, and then the fingerprints - pictures and fingerprints from the biometrics appointment are used for EAD and Greencard. Remember to bring your appointment letter and ID(passport, state ID etc.). And marriage certificate if you have changed your last name to married name.

You mean a flowchart like the K1 flowchart on Visa Journey?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.