Cloudy9

Questions on the N400

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey everyone. Decided to finally take the plunge. I'm filling out the form and had just a few questions.

In part 6 (b) work history; I've only had my job for 4 years and before that I was a stay at home Mom for 2 years, do I put that down?

part 8 (g) how many times as your current spouse been married. Do I count our marriage as 1? I'm thinking yes

Those were the only 2 questions on the form. As far as filing goes how did you pay? Personal check, cashiers check or money order? Which is better to track? Also there were parts to the N400 that didn't pertain to me do I leave those blank?

Thanks for any insights, oh yea and I'm assumng that I'm mailing this to P. O. 660060 Dallas TX for Oklahoma right?! =)

Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline

In part 6 (b) work history; I've only had my job for 4 years and before that I was a stay at home Mom for 2 years, do I put that down?

You could use "Homemaker" or "Did not work outside home"

part 8 (g) how many times as your current spouse been married. Do I count our marriage as 1? I'm thinking yes

Put 1 if this is his only marriage, more if applicable.

As far as filing goes how did you pay? Personal check, cashiers check or money order? Which is better to track?

All forms are acceptable to USCIS, personal check is easiest, and best for tracking.

Also there were parts to the N400 that didn't pertain to me do I leave those blank?

In general, use "N/A" if it does not apply to your situation, or "None" if that is the case.

If you checked a box for "No" it would be appropriate to leave blanks for the follow up questions.

oh yea and I'm assumng that I'm mailing this to P. O. 660060 Dallas TX for Oklahoma right?! =)

Correct, Dallas TX for OK.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.