16 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

So what about when she arrives with the K1, does she get the social security number right away, because thats one of the requirements?

SO I can't marry her till she has a social security card?

right from the website:

Social Security Numbers are required on the Affidavit of Application for a Marriage License. Please know your Social Security Number. Those without knowledge of their Social Security Number may be refused a marriage license. It is recognized that non U.S. citizens will not have a Social Security Number.

What website???

I am not sure of you what you are asking but it varies from state to state if you need a SSN to get married. We went and got my fiancée (at the time) her SSN before we got married even though we did not need it to get married in Miami, Florida.

A note do not go to the SSO until at least 10 days after she arrives in the U.S. because usually it takes some days to get put into the computer system.

Good luck,

Peter Miami

If you would have simply followed the thread you never would have asked that question, but you obviously you did not read the previous post where someone posted a link to the Clark County website! I followed the link at there was all the information one needs to have to understand what it takes to get married in Las Vegas.

Not meaning to be rude, but did anyone read the link provided by waiting-1 (and highlighted by fwaguy)??

It's all pretty clear. Sorry I'm grumpy but a litttle reading can clear up a lot of confusion.

Edited: LOL, fwaguy got grumpy before I did. But it does reiterate my point!

To both of you that posted about reading the link. The one that has to read it is the original poster, the rest of the people trying to help him do not have to read links. I am busy working and trying to help some VJ members like I have been helped. I do not need to sit down and follow links. If you guys have a lot of time on your hands and can do that more power to you.

Peter Miami

All I am trying to do is help as well. As I see it, one way to help is understanding the thread before you jump at a previous contributor's post

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.