bebop + rocksteady

Montreal Interview Waiting Room Thread

232 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Glad your interview date has appeared much faster than the Leafs winning the cup!! Congrats!!

Your a funny guy flames (and to think the flames are my 2nd favourite team). :lol:

I haven't recieved anything in the mail, and I am praying she didn't make a mistake and mean December instead of November. I will post as soon as recieve the letter. No idea why it is in November I did think it would be December, but I am not looking a gift horse in the mouth that is for sure.

I am hoping that a lot of interviews get scheduled next week so we can all have great news.

Thanks for the good wishes from everyone, and I so hope you all get your interviews this year.

Edited by Leafgal

K-1 journey, AOS/EAD and ROC in my timeline

2011 March 31 - Sent off Naturalization pkg overnight to Texas

2011 April 1 - Arrived in Texas at 10:21 am

2011 April 1 - NOA (rec'd via snail mail April 8)

2011 April 7 - Cheque cashed

2011 May 5 - Biometrics (letter rec'd via snail mail April 15)

2011 May 9 - Placed in line for interview scheduling

2011 June 13 - Rec'd yellow letter (no change in status online)

2011 June 23 - Rec'd text that my case has been scheduled for interview

2011 August 1 - Interview (rec'd via snail mail June 27) PASSED

2011 August 3 - Rec'd email that my case has been scheduled for Oath

2011 September 1 - Oath ceremony (rec'd snail mail Aug 5)

2011 September 1 - All done, yeah.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Ok, please bear with me as I am mostly a newbie at all this. I searched through what appeared to be nearly an exobyte of data on this site, and my eyes are beginning to curse me. The DS-230 sent by Montreal only included part I. I know the online version is two parts, but it would appear they only want Part I returned with the signed checklist at this time. Does this mean Part II has to be presented at the interview? Any help in answering this question is greatly appreciated. I have read that Montreal is picky about beneficiaries using their forms, so this is what I advised my fiancee to do...just fill it out with a pen and mail it back. Thoughts?

HI, I read that they changed the requirements and that only electronically filled out forms would be accepted at the consulate, no more hand written forms will be accepted so that requires using the forms on line. I did that rather than using the fomrs that we got from Montreal. Which, by the way were the outdated versions. I hope this won't cause a problem...As for the DS230 yes there are 2 parts and the second part has to be filled out and signed during the interview. Only the chacklist and part 1 of ds230 get sent at this time....

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
HI, I read that they changed the requirements and that only electronically filled out forms would be accepted at the consulate, no more hand written forms will be accepted so that requires using the forms on line. I did that rather than using the fomrs that we got from Montreal. Which, by the way were the outdated versions. I hope this won't cause a problem...

We got our packet 3 on Friday, from Montreal.....NOOOOOO mention was made in the letter or instructions of their recent policy change regarding the DS-156. The thing that PEEVES ME OFF ROYALLY is the additional note on the website of "Hand-written forms will no longer be accepted. If you appear for your interview with a hand-written DS-156 application form you will be turned away and assigned another date for your interview." So it's ok for these idiots to not give proper instructions and then TURN YOU AWAY for not having completed the form properly. This, after you've already waited longer than necessary because they can't seem to do their jobs properly.

So , without the benefit of this particular website and the invaluable source of information it provides, how would a person just fumbling through this process know to check the consualte website for additional instruction?

Add this to the list of Montreal gripes!!!

google.gif

I agree, anyone who was doing this process and not computer savvy, or a part of a group like VJ... could you imagine them going all the way to Montreal and having them say Sorry, no handwritten forms?

I also remember someone wrote that they turned in their new I864, and the woman behind counter said NO! you're missing this and this, and she took the new rules and underlined the part that said Notary not needed, etc. Because of that hint, I'm bringing the full instructions of the new I864 with me, in case!

Married 12-30-05

Started our visa journey Jan 06.

01-06 - I-130, K3 shortly after

04-06 - switched to Canada Immigration

07-06 - Moved to Canada (PR almost complete)

07-06 - Changed again, back to US imm.

09-06 - Landed as Canadian PR

10-06 - DCF Toronto, Approved in 1.5 hrs!

11-06 - Interview Montreal (success!)

I-130

10-05-06 DCF in Toronto - Approved

10-19-06 Packet 3 received & sent back

10-20-06 Montreal receives P3

11-03-06 Packet 4 received

11-06-06 Medical

11-22-06 Interview / Visa approved

11-26-06 heading home, 6 day drive, my oh my

HOME SWEET HOME

10.24.08 - Mailed I-751 to CSC

Delivered at 9:03 AM on October 25, 2008

10.29.08 NOA1

10.30.08 Check cashed

12.06.08 Biometrics Appt.

12.19.08 Received new Drivers License extended to 2011

03.12.09 Received CONGRATULATIONS letter - Card on the way!!

03.20.09 Received his SHINY new card. WOO HOOOOOOO

YAY!! We can take a break from this madness until Citizenship.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I agree, anyone who was doing this process and not computer savvy, or a part of a group like VJ... could you imagine them going all the way to Montreal and having them say Sorry, no handwritten forms?

I also remember someone wrote that they turned in their new I864, and the woman behind counter said NO! you're missing this and this, and she took the new rules and underlined the part that said Notary not needed, etc. Because of that hint, I'm bringing the full instructions of the new I864 with me, in case!

Isn't it pathetic though ,the people responsible for what basically amounts to being " god " in our lives at this point, don't know their asses from a hole in the ground therefor it becomes our responsibility to show them what the proper procedures and guidelines are?

I have absolutely ZERO tolerance for stupidity. I also have NO acceptance of people who are in a position of greatly affecting other peoples lives to such a degree as this, not having a fricken clue what they're doing.

.....and they have the AUDACITY to behave smugly to anyone calling......Gimme a feakin' break!

google.gif

Timeline
We got our packet 3 on Friday, from Montreal.....NOOOOOO mention was made in the letter or instructions of their recent policy change regarding the DS-156. The thing that PEEVES ME OFF ROYALLY is the additional note on the website of "Hand-written forms will no longer be accepted. If you appear for your interview with a hand-written DS-156 application form you will be turned away and assigned another date for your interview." So it's ok for these idiots to not give proper instructions and then TURN YOU AWAY for not having completed the form properly. This, after you've already waited longer than necessary because they can't seem to do their jobs properly.

So , without the benefit of this particular website and the invaluable source of information it provides, how would a person just fumbling through this process know to check the consualte website for additional instruction?

Add this to the list of Montreal gripes!!!

It came with my package 4 documents as an addendum...

K-1/K-2 Visas

April 20 2006 ~NOA1

July 05 2006 ~IMBRA RFE

Aug 14 2006 ~RFE (further proof of meeting)

Aug 18 2006 ~Approved NOA2 (Day 120)

Oct 10 2006 ~packet 4 received

Nov 14 2006 ~Montreal interview (expedited due to child aging out) SUCCESS :)

Nov 15 2006 ~Pick up visas

Nov 16 2006 ~Fly to San Francisco from Mtl

Nov 18 2006 ~Wedding

AOS/EAD/AP

Dec 18 2006 ~Documents filed

Dec 22 2006 ~NOA1

Jan 10 2007 ~Biometrics appointment

Mar 07 2007 ~AOS interview San Francisco-SUCCESS :)

Mar 19 2007 ~Received Green Cards

I-130 for Daughter

July 28 2007 ~Documents filed

Timeline

Hello, my fellow Canadians! I just mailed the checklist back to Montreal on October 23rd, so I'll be waiting here with all of you.

Would any of you happen to know whether it's "allowed" to travel into the US "after" receiving the K1 visa but before my actual permanent move?

I do not plan on moving until April 2007, however, I would really like to go to the US for my fiance's birthday on January, so I ended up calling Montreal on the 25th to ask if it's possible to request that my interview date be scheduled after mid-January. The lady said that there's no need to request this, since even if I get my visa before then, I can still go in and out of the US after. I just wouldn't surrender the visa until my actual move. At first, I was a little confused, since I've been told that I can't go in and out of the US after visa has been issued and that I should only go there when I'm ready to move. I asked the lady to confirm/repeat what she said, and she even told me that I have nothing to be worried about by doing this.

Does this sound right? Don't they usually attach a piece of paper on the passport, once approved? The immigration officer will see this, so wouldn't that complicate things? All of this just makes me so nervous.

Any info would be very helpful.

Thanks!

Karla

Timeline

Hi Karlita,

I also plan on travelling to the US prior to my actual "Move" next July. I simply won't travel with my passport with the visa in it. You can cross the border with birth certificate and driver's licence. If need be and you have to travel with passport, you just tell them that you don't want to activate it yet. I've heard of other VJ'rs do this. Hope this helps!

By the way, you prob won't get your interview until January anyway at this point in time!

Sean & Tanya

Norfolk, VA & Ottawa, ON

K-1 Journey

August 11, 2006- Sent I-129f ~ Finally!!!

August 12, 2006- I-129f received

August 16, 2006 - N0A1

August 29, 2006 - Touched

Sept 7, 2006 - NOA2 as per USCIS website ~ Approved in 27 days!

Sept 13, 2006- Received N0A2 by mail

Sept 15, 2006- Received letter from NVC dated Sept 13 that case will be sent to Montreal within a week

Oct 2, 2006- Received Packet 3 from MTL!

Oct 11, 2006 - Mailed back Packet 3 to MTL

Oct 19, 2006 - MTL received Packet 3

Nov 15, 2006 - Medical appointment in Ottawa

Dec 22, 2006 - Received Packet #4

Jan 25, 2007 - Interview date @ 14h30

Jan 4th 2007- Phoned MTL Consulate to reschedule interview for late April due to Navy deployment

well, packet 3 was recieved at Mtl today. However, I goofed, and I'm not sure just yet of how big of a goof it is. (I seriously should get 3 different people to double check any form I fill out) I neglected to put my parents' birthdates on my DS230. Anyone have any idea as to whether the forms will be returned to me to fix and send again or would a call to the consulate suffice? Im a moron :dead: I hope this waiting room has very comfy couches :P

I-129F sent: August 18th, 2006

NOA2: October 2nd, 2006

Packet 3 returned to Mtl: October 26th, 2006.

Medical: January 10th, 2007

Interview: January 23rd, 2007, at 2:30. APPROVED

Entry to the US: Feb 28th, 2007 POE Ivy Lea

Married: March 2nd, 2007

AOS/EAD sent May 4th, 2007

NOA1s for all 3 AOS and my EAD May 14th, dated for May 10th

EAD touched May 28th,29th, 2007, Youngest daughter's AOS touched May 29th, 2007

Biometrics: May 30th, 2007

All cases touched May 31, 2007, June 5th, 2007, August 1st, 2007

All 3 AOS transferred to California July 5th, 2007

EAD Approved July 27th, 2007

Finally movement on my AOS, touched on Feb 22 & 24th

GC May 11 2008, date of april 29th on them.

Hey gang! My fiancee just called Montreal and she has an interview on Nov 15th! :dance: They said they mailed the letter on Oct 26th. Thanks to everyone for your prayers/encouragment. It's hard to wait for God's timing but in the end it's His best that counts, not ours. I'll let you all know how it went.

One other thing. The person said they haven't booked December yet. Take that with a grain of salt as we know how we hear different things. Oh yes, they told her that so they could cancel the date and honor her December request. She opted not to. I was looking forward to going to Montreal with her, but now we don't have to spend two of our days together traveling.

CIS Office : Philadelphia PA

08/25/09 I-751 Sent to VSC

08/26/09 Package arrives at VSC

08/31/09 Check is Cashed/Clears

08/27/09 NOA

09/24/09 Biometrics

11/24/09 Approval letter arrives!

Congrats! Great news - maybe I can hope now for a Dec date after all B)

Monique

timeline.gif

Full timeline can be seen in my profile

PAST - From K-1 to Citizenship (a love story)
K-1: Aug 12, 2006 to Jan 17, 2007 - mailed I-129F
AOS: Feb 26, 2007 - Jul 26, 2007
REMOVING CONDITIONS: May 4, 2009 - Oct 3, 2009
CITIZENSHIP: Nov 27, 2012 - May 9, 2013

Note: I immigrated from Canada, not T&T - the timeline is reflective of this.

PRESENT - IR-5 Story (reuniting a family)
I-130 for Parents - 2013
Aug ?? - mailed I-130 packages for both mother and father
Sept 10 - NOA1 date
Sept 16 - NOA1s received

Feb 25 - got emails saying that the cases had been transferred to another office for processing

Feb 26 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred to my local office for processing

Feb 28 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred and are being processed

Mar 17 - got email, attached to one case number only, saying that my A number was changed relating to the I-130 filing

Mar 18 - got emails saying that the petitions are approved smile.png

Visit my website Dancing Light Stained Glass Studio to view my work.

Aaahhh - I have to admit it - I just called the embassy to see if they would give me a December, January, February or March interview estimate - they said January. I don't know why I did that - obviously I would not have had an appt. so soon. But somehow, I feel like I've had some contact - ineffectual though it may be. :wacko:

Mo

timeline.gif

Full timeline can be seen in my profile

PAST - From K-1 to Citizenship (a love story)
K-1: Aug 12, 2006 to Jan 17, 2007 - mailed I-129F
AOS: Feb 26, 2007 - Jul 26, 2007
REMOVING CONDITIONS: May 4, 2009 - Oct 3, 2009
CITIZENSHIP: Nov 27, 2012 - May 9, 2013

Note: I immigrated from Canada, not T&T - the timeline is reflective of this.

PRESENT - IR-5 Story (reuniting a family)
I-130 for Parents - 2013
Aug ?? - mailed I-130 packages for both mother and father
Sept 10 - NOA1 date
Sept 16 - NOA1s received

Feb 25 - got emails saying that the cases had been transferred to another office for processing

Feb 26 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred to my local office for processing

Feb 28 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred and are being processed

Mar 17 - got email, attached to one case number only, saying that my A number was changed relating to the I-130 filing

Mar 18 - got emails saying that the petitions are approved smile.png

Visit my website Dancing Light Stained Glass Studio to view my work.

Timeline
Hey gang! My fiancee just called Montreal and she has an interview on Nov 15th! :dance: They said they mailed the letter on Oct 26th. Thanks to everyone for your prayers/encouragment. It's hard to wait for God's timing but in the end it's His best that counts, not ours. I'll let you all know how it went.

One other thing. The person said they haven't booked December yet. Take that with a grain of salt as we know how we hear different things. Oh yes, they told her that so they could cancel the date and honor her December request. She opted not to. I was looking forward to going to Montreal with her, but now we don't have to spend two of our days together traveling.

congrats to you BOTH!!! I hope the rest of us hear about our interviews soon as well!! I am happy for you!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.