Kody n Ruth Joy

Getting Married in the Philippines

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

bmtrrbt oh really. How often are these Seminars? you had to complete this before the 10 day waiting period?

[06.01.11] Courting Ruth Joy (chatmate)
[10.24.11] Fourth Trip to Philippines First to meet Ruth Joy
[11.08.11] Engauged to Ruth Joy
[11.05.12] Married to Ruth Joy
[01.11.13] Recieved NOA1 with MSC Reciept #
[03.11.13] Recieved RFE (Written Document of How and When We Met, + evidence of a bonified relationship)
[03.15.13] Sent out RFE Reply
[03.21.13] Recieved NOA2

[05.07.13] Fee's have been paid, packet sent to NVC

bmtrrbt oh really. How often are these Seminars? you had to complete this before the 10 day waiting period?

i live in davao city and at that time the seminar is only once a week in each area not sure in other places though. And yup you have to take it before the 10 day waiting period bcoz the certificate that you will get from the seminar is one of the requirements for applying marriage license. That made it stressful for us bcoz we thought we wont be able to make it bcoz of that stupid seminar. But just like i said it was 2008 i dont know if its still like that now. You better ask your fiancee to go the local office and ask the list of requirements needed for applying a marriage license so you will really know and think if 19 days is enough time to get married.

You can also try brijo's suggestion coz i know somebody did that too and were able to get married immediately after they arrived in the philippines but they werent under 25 years old though.

when we got married last 2008, i was 24 years old and my hubby was 49 years old. Bcoz i was 24 years old under 25 we needed to attend the marriage counselling seminar for one day. It is one of the requirement in applying marriage license at that time i dont know about now. My hubby stayed for 21 days and it was stressful but we made it. :) God bless and good luck.

Let me correct it. I was 23 and hubby was 48 hehehe. Anyway, it is really important if you can ask your fiancee to check the local office instead of just asking here online though you can get informations here but its better to be really sure. :)

Yeh, I forgot about that marriage counselling siminar. That would take a day. We didnt have to do that since my wife was already 34. But still, that is just one more day at least, so it could be done in 4 days maybe.

when we got married last 2008, i was 24 years old and my hubby was 49 years old. Bcoz i was 24 years old under 25 we needed to attend the marriage counselling seminar for one day. It is one of the requirement in applying marriage license at that time i dont know about now. My hubby stayed for 21 days and it was stressful but we made it. :) God bless and good luck.

I was just looking at my wife today as we were laughing and happy about something, and thought how it really was a miracle...all of it was. Meeting her, getting married in the Philippines as we did (it was really hard to work all that out in advance. I researched a long time, and took months to get it all taken care of in advance. Then the Philippines consulate in DC temporarily lost our application to marry). The whole meeting, visiting, marrying, immigration, and baby thing was ALL nothing short of a miracle.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

amazing story !!! my fiancee is terribly busy until about June, dedicating her time to Schooling, But once June arrives, i hope she will put good efforts into organizing this properly come Halloween ~! thanks for the tips and advice, it really settled me down ! haha ! nervous , anxious, excited all in one i am. im so blessed to finally have met the one for me, i been searching since March 2008 , met various chatmates in the Philippines the past few years, and Ruth Joy has all brains and heart i could ever want in a wife.

[06.01.11] Courting Ruth Joy (chatmate)
[10.24.11] Fourth Trip to Philippines First to meet Ruth Joy
[11.08.11] Engauged to Ruth Joy
[11.05.12] Married to Ruth Joy
[01.11.13] Recieved NOA1 with MSC Reciept #
[03.11.13] Recieved RFE (Written Document of How and When We Met, + evidence of a bonified relationship)
[03.15.13] Sent out RFE Reply
[03.21.13] Recieved NOA2

[05.07.13] Fee's have been paid, packet sent to NVC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.