sonicgihad

We got placed on Administrative Review... WTF!!! What to expect???

25 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I went back to US Citizen services and they were zero help. I went and hand wrote the Immigration service a letter. This is friggin ridiculous!!! I am beyond pissed!!!

Relax. They told you it was lost/misplaced documents (security ) ... You need to grab a cold one and relax, ranting, being pissed is not helping you. When the document issue is rectifed all will be good again.

Your whole packet was electronically transferred to the embassy along with sending the actual package, if it was not missing when it was electronically forwarded they do know the information but are trying to local the originals... the government travels on its paperwork, anyone who has been in the military knows this one all too well.

Edited by Hank_Amy

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey Hank! I grabbed several cold ones and it just doesn't make things any better. :). This is so frustrating! They mess up and people like us suffer! Would you believe it that one lady who my fiancee met during the process is cheating on her fiance and got through fine with no issues and you see people like us who have put both our lives on hold go on administrative review. This systen is obviously friggin flawed. Im so frustrated beyond belief! I went as far as sparring with someone but still didnt make me feel any better. All through this process, i knew exactly what to do and for the most part, it all worked but now, i have no clue what to do next. We did everything right!!! I get so frustrated thinking these co's dont have a friggin clue what people like us go through! I'm not desperate, i could have any woman in the us but i'm in love with this one that happens to be in the philippines.. It just gets so frustrating that someone's carelessness is causing both of us so much friggin anguish!

Timeline

Ya its sucks that "they" lost/misplaced some documents, but as the bumper sticker sez - SH!T HAPPENS

You know exactly what to do, you are too wound up to want to do it. I empathize with your issue but nothing will happen until they find the documents they misplaced.

This whole process has so much that is in the control of others... scary for sure.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Man! My hand-written letter on the day of the interview must have done the trick!!! I called the US Embassy today and was adviced that Kathrina's visa was approved yesterday but has yet to be printed. 4 days in administrative review, I think that's some kind of a record!!! Lol

God is great! Thank you so much!!!

I'm enroute back to te states when I found out. She'll just follow when she gets her visa!

Edited by sonicgihad

Timeline

Man! My hand-written letter on the day of the interview must have done the trick!!! I called the US Embassy today and was adviced that Kathrina's visa was approved yesterday but has yet to be printed. 4 days in administrative review, I think that's some kind of a record!!! Lol

God is great! Thank you so much!!!

I'm enroute back to te states when I found out. She'll just follow when she gets her visa!

Great news! I bet the short AP was because they found/replaced the documents, not the letter you wrote... sorry I doubt your letter did anything.

It took 8 days before the visa was printed for my Fiancee; interview was the 21st, visa issued on the 29th, she received the package from 2GO on the 4th. Hopefully they will get the visa printed quickly so your fiancee can follow very soon to be with you.

I am happy for you both.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

I really dont care if it did or not haha all i are about is that it got approved.

So was that 8 days to print plus the time for 2GO to deliver your finacee's passport?

Timeline

I really dont care if it did or not haha all i are about is that it got approved.

So was that 8 days to print plus the time for 2GO to deliver your finacee's passport?

Yup 8 days, the issue date printed on the visa is 29 April, there was a Sunday in there so not sure when 2GO got the package to deliver it.

Ya... really who gives a hoot.... visa is approved and it is time for flying!!!!!!!!!!! :dance: :dance:

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

If your so concerned about the injustice of one person getting a visa when they are cheating on their fiance, why don't you report them. The CO is not all knowing. Instead of pissing and moaning about a woman who did things the wrong way and skated through, I'd look at it differently. Her lies may catch up to her at some point but your fiancee doesn't need to look over her shoulder because you did it the right way.

Timeline

Just called the US Embassy and was told Kathrina's visa was printed last Friday and should be ready for pickup at 2Go by Tuesday! It's just as if we got approved on the day of theinterview! So SWEET!!!

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

went to the interview with my fiancee today. We waited forever and was handed a sheet stating that our case was on administrative review and to wait to hear from the US Embassy! No missing documents or anything.

During the interview with the CO, she had mentioned that she was looking for some security document or something that she can't find. Then when I spoke to Windows 38 the lady said that they are needing some security docummentation of investigation on us. What the heck does that mean? I have been asia to see my fiancee 6 times in under a year and I was at the interview for crying out loud.

What can I expect from this process??? Is this a preset for a denial? What can I do to get pass this process? Can my Senator assist still? Please help! I'm so desperate and pissed!

Has anyone been in the same situation? What was done and how long did the process take?

hi we have same case. i had my interview last april 18, 2012. my fiance (the petitioner) was with me on my interview. the CO told us my visa is approved but then the last guy at window 73 told us that my case is for further review. we asked why? they didnt tell us. said no time frame for the review so we just have to wait, wait, wait... every time we call and email embassy, my status is still under review. my fiance called his local senator and then they called DOS and asked about my case. they have my case and told my fiance the review is still ongoing. i can feel what youre feeling right now..we know that USCIS and NVC did security name check but then why embassy have to it again...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.