16 posts in this topic

speaking of the ds forms sveta will be needed i hope in very near future ... at what point of time should she start to fill the forms and have them printed since they are mostly online and will need printed anyhow could she start to fill them now but just not sign or date? hope get ahead of the packets to come also i need ask she should have them done in english correct?

Edited by Sveta & Ron

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

speaking of the ds forms sveta will be needed i hope in very near future ... at what point of time should she start to fill the forms and have them printed since they are mostly online and will need printed anyhow could she start to fill them now but just not sign or date? hope get ahead of the packets to come also i need ask she should have them done in english correct?

Hello Ron. Here is the Kiev Package: http://ukraine.usembassy.gov/visa-forms.html

Only the 230 needs to be in english. everything you need is within this link.

Timeline

what i did for my wife was fill out the forms and bring them with me for the interview. she signed them and we want over all online by emailing the pdf format. and just dated them like the week of the interview. i bough a whole package with me as backup and she had a whole package. never hurts to have backup

Summerville + Kryvyi Rih

age.png

age.png

Timeline

what i did for my wife was fill out the forms and bring them with me for the interview. she signed them and we want over all online by emailing the pdf format. and just dated them like the week of the interview. i bough a whole package with me as backup and she had a whole package. never hurts to have backup

Did you actually attend the interview, or wait outside?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

They can be done now and signed later. DS156K MUST be signed AT the consulate in front of a consulate officer. She can also sign the DS156 at the same time. The forms are available at the consulate website in English, Ukrainian and Russian. Any of those languages are acceptable.

Hello Ron. Here is the Kiev Package: http://ukraine.usembassy.gov/visa-forms.html

Only the 230 needs to be in english. everything you need is within this link.

Kiev does not use the DS 230 for K-1 visas.

At Kiev you can go to the interview. I walked right up to the window with Alla.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

I also went to the interview. In our case my wife has never filled out any form and has only signed where needed. I had all the forms filled out for her. From I-129f to citizenship, she never filled out a form. Be that as it may, the forms can be done ahead of time by either person.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Did you actually attend the interview, or wait outside?

i was at interview. they called my wife back first and she answered questions. they called me back and i answered questions with my there.. i left and they asked few more and she got the visa. took not much time but stress level was over the top. that is why i suggest everybody attend the interview. better to be there and try to stop any problems that may happen then miss it get denied and have to start all over again. and more time to wait

:bonk:

Summerville + Kryvyi Rih

age.png

age.png

Timeline

i was at interview. they called my wife back first and she answered questions. they called me back and i answered questions with my there.. i left and they asked few more and she got the visa. took not much time but stress level was over the top. that is why i suggest everybody attend the interview. better to be there and try to stop any problems that may happen then miss it get denied and have to start all over again. and more time to wait

:bonk:

Gary or leith...

Interesting... My son could attend as well if i bring him along? He is 6. I need no appointment for myself?

i see the ds230 on the site as needed also the ds156k is web based and i read it says has to be filled in online and when complete it makes a pdf file with a bar code does this get sent to nvc/keiv main office once complete? or can i still fill it out for sveta and print when done

i see the ds230 on the site as needed also the ds156k is web based and i read it says has to be filled in online and when complete it makes a pdf file with a bar code does this get sent to nvc/keiv main office once complete? or can i still fill it out for sveta and print when done

We had our interview in January and we did filled out the DS-230 Part 1. Nothing is getting sent to the embassy, you just fill it out and print it. What I did, is filled out those forms printed them and took it with me when I went to visit. Since we already had the interview date, I just couldn't stay any longer, we signed the forms that needed, and the rest of them she signed in the embassy.

event.png

event.png

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will direct your paths." (Proverbs 3, 5-6)

Timeline

Gary or leith...

Interesting... My son could attend as well if i bring him along? He is 6. I need no appointment for myself?

As far as I know, yes. No you do not need an appoitnemnt for yourself. I have heard of some US citizens being asked to stay in the "waiting room" during the interview, which is about 6 feet from the interview window. :lol: But they definitely let you into the building and into the waiting room. Whether they allow you to stand at the window or not is up to the officer I suppose.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Definitely follow their directions as it may have changed. Our interview was 4 years ago and they did not use it then for K-1 visas though many consulates did. Kiev may have changed this. No big deal.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

We had our interview in January and we did filled out the DS-230 Part 1. Nothing is getting sent to the embassy, you just fill it out and print it. What I did, is filled out those forms printed them and took it with me when I went to visit. Since we already had the interview date, I just couldn't stay any longer, we signed the forms that needed, and the rest of them she signed in the embassy.

Correct. While some consualtes have you send them things, Kiev does not do this. You BRING everything with you. Fill it out online and print it. Bring it with you.

The comnsulate phase is where you have to pay attention to SPECIFIC rules for the consulate you use. Do not take advice from people who used other consulates because many do it differently. This is all KIEV specific. Follow the KIEV directions, available on their website

Gary And Alla

as you know i had hired a lawyer for all the docs and such she told me today she is going to fill out the 230, 156 and 156k and email them so i can print before sveta goes for interview and i plan to be with her as i want her to know she can count on me and know i will be at her side as i know she will be at mine

Timeline

as you know i had hired a lawyer for all the docs and such she told me today she is going to fill out the 230, 156 and 156k and email them so i can print before sveta goes for interview and i plan to be with her as i want her to know she can count on me and know i will be at her side as i know she will be at mine

No harm in filling out the DS230 even if they do not need it. Supporting your fiancee is the main reason to go to the interview. Otherwise there is not much you can do.

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.