gretchen_darren

da boat

14 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

For those of you wondering about "da boat"... here it is ...

Also the house is now beachfront property.....

(The rocks and water are where the engagement party was held in February 2011.)

been learning a lot on how things are done and run in business over there....very interesting.

K-1 Visa Timeline:

02/11/2011 - Engaged at her house by her Godmother.

02/18/2011 - Engagement party with relatives - propose in Visayan.

02/24/2011 - K-1 packet sent.

09/18/2011 - POE, Viva Las Vegas, Baby !!!!! Home to Phoenix.

12/10/2011 - Official Wedding

07/05/2012 - Princess Rose born.

07/07/2012 - AP/EAD received.

07/17/2012 - AOS passed. (Birthday for Mama Rayos)

event.png

event.png

event.png

Timeline

might help if I actually attached the files..... :bonk:

post-101745-0-85159900-1334150964_thumb.jpg

post-101745-0-71356800-1334151014_thumb.jpg

K-1 Visa Timeline:

event.png

event.png

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Where is the house located in Phils? I may consulate with you on business there in Phils. We have plans on retiring there in 10 or more years.

God Does for those who do for themselves..!!

Timeline

northern Mindanao. Have a lot of ideas for business there.... my wife's family wishes to stay there so I am working on setting up businesses with them....

K-1 Visa Timeline:

event.png

event.png

event.png

My wife is from close to Cagayan de Oro City, her family lives about 30 minutes from the new airport (if they every get it open)

Are you anywhere near there?

Ako gugma ko GWAPA asawa Kathlene!

(I love my BEAUTIFUL wife Kathlene!)

_________

"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."

George Bernard Shaw

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Nice boat- and house looks good too. :)

How's Gretchen?

Liefde is een bloem zo teer dat hij knakt bij de minste aanraking en zo sterk dat niets zijn groei in de weg staat

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

Take a large, almost round, rotating sphere about 8000 miles in diameter, surround it with a murky, viscous atmosphere of gases mixed with water vapor, tilt its axis so it wobbles back and forth with respect to a source of heat and light, freeze it at both ends and roast it in the middle, cover most of its surface with liquid that constantly feeds vapor into the atmosphere as the sphere tosses billions of gallons up and down to the rhythmic pulling of a captive satellite and the sun. Then try to predict the conditions of that atmosphere over a small area within a 5 mile radius for a period of one to five days in advance!

---

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Where is the house located in Phils? I may consulate with you on business there in Phils. We have plans on retiring there in 10 or more years.

We are talking of building an apartment + home for retiring there also. We will build on the land my Fiancee owns.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

the house is in the magsaysay province. It was back from the river, but recently flooded just after Gretchen came here last fall. the family is doing better now. Gretchen is quite happy. She loves being in America. Gretchen is studying for her driver's license. She also can't wait to give birth. She is in the final trimester of her pregnancy. We should also be starting AOS filing next week. It has been some very rough months regarding finances, but things are improving. I love the house we have, but it seems such a burden sometimes.

K-1 Visa Timeline:

event.png

event.png

event.png

the house is in the magsaysay province. It was back from the river, but recently flooded just after Gretchen came here last fall. the family is doing better now. Gretchen is quite happy. She loves being in America. Gretchen is studying for her driver's license. She also can't wait to give birth. She is in the final trimester of her pregnancy. We should also be starting AOS filing next week. It has been some very rough months regarding finances, but things are improving. I love the house we have, but it seems such a burden sometimes.

Musta,

You bought the boat Darren? Good for you, I hope someone can make some money with it. We've bought a couple pedicabs, given out loans and made some home improvements for mama and papa over the years.

Now we're focused on OUR family a little more as I'm sure you two will be. My wife just gave birth to our first son on 4/2/12. It is the first child for both of us and we're both learning a lot and having a blast!

Are you having a boy or girl or is it a surprise?

I liked what I saw of your place in the video and wedding pics. I can also understand feeling burdened by it. I chose a different route. I spent my money on acreage rather than an expensive building. It holds it's value better, doesn't fluctuate as much during downturns in real estate and the taxes are almost zero. Our house is a very modest manufactured type. Health insurance is my burden now, not real estate.

Kev n Jena

thumb_Kyle_John_1_email.jpgthumb_Img_2057_web.jpgthumb_Pictures_429.jpg

hypocrit - a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, especially one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

Pet Peeve for 2011 - supercilious, contemptuous, arrogant, attitudes.

Timeline

yes, boat the boat, sent a humminbird 798c SI combo with navionics gold chart. the humminbird was half the cost of the boat. they are making good money with the boat. Very good money. In one week, he has made what he made in a month. the person who rents boats in the village stopped renting to him while I worked on marriage, license, AOS, and health insurance back in the states. Now I am in a better financial state. I am learning how things run there, and am now working on a plan to establish him in business. The person renting boats is taking a 50/50 split. this means the person can buy more boats while the village itself stays poor. the person renting boats is now making what I make per year just by renting boats.... What has happened is people from the village normally leave and never look back. This was the hope of the person renting the boats. they could win and have the "family" grovel for forgiveness in breaking her "rules." I supported the family over the winter, then bought the boat when I promised. It was to show I was not "leaving" the village behind but being a part of the family. Now I want to drive the person currently renting boats out of business. I am changing the dynamics of the family being able to make money so they can support themselves. If they want to work, I will invest in providing the means to work. Just not going to hand out "free" money unless there is an emergency need. the more they show me they want to work, the more I will help them, eventually they won't need help.

The wedding is at the local church I attend in the outside garden. the reception was at my house.

K-1 Visa Timeline:

event.png

event.png

event.png

Timeline

to answer the other question, we are having a girl. Already selected a name which Gretchen's side of the family loves. My side hasn't talked with me since Christmas. My parents even sent their grandson's birthday presents to their mom's house, so I must be officially on the outs with my immediate family. Ah well, not a big loss since they live 2500 miles away. Both of my son's love Gretchen, and the youngest prefers Gretchen to tuck him into bed at night now..... the oldest wants to go see the village now, meet all "his family" over there.

K-1 Visa Timeline:

event.png

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Hank_amy... so true....If I lost only my parents, my siblings and their families, that is 12 people total....and ended up with a whole country of relatives.... or a least a family 10 times the size.... what more could you ask for? Besides "papa" "likes" me. Papa says I am a good man. Having Papa's blessing is more important to me because t means I am keeping the relationship between him and his daughter..... as most people know unhappy wife... unhappy life..... besides since buying the boat the are doing much much better for income now.... amazing how much just a little investment can do....

K-1 Visa Timeline:

event.png

event.png

event.png

• 1 month later...
Timeline

update photo of the boat and the village.....

post-101745-0-98541300-1338395390_thumb.jpg

post-101745-0-58049100-1338395405_thumb.jpg

K-1 Visa Timeline:

event.png

event.png

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.