mikelor

Does USCIS Call the Current employer?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello All,

We have been a member of this site for few months and just read everyday for some information which might apply to us. Now we have some questions, hopefully someone could help us. We are wondering if USCIS will inquire on the employer of the benificiary. I am the benificiary, a Filipina working in Singapore for a certain position and just today i received an information that i will be offered a new position which means if USCIS is going to call my employer then if i will accept the offer then i would be holding a position which is not the same in the documents that my fiancee have sent. Do you think it has an effect on the application?

Another thing is, we are January filer, and we think that its good for us to prepare those docs which we can do in advance. Does the DS-156 and DS-156K for submission to the embassy is to be downloaded from the website,or the embassy will send me a hard copy which i have to fill up manually?

Thanks in advance for your help :yes:

Mikelor

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

They do not care about the beneficiary's work - the important thing is the US citizens job. Its highly unlikely they would call the beneficiary's place of work. Regardless you update the papers at the time of interview anyways.

You should not start filling out the next set of paper work until you have your NOA2 approval notice.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Inky,

Thanks for quick reply. But i still want to know if the DS-156 and DS-156K are to be downloaded from the website or the embasy will send hard copy on the packet. Thanks again:)

Mikelor

One or two of the forms are meant to be filled out on-line. I forget which one. It has a bar-code that is specific to you and contains your information. The Embassy does not send you anything required or useful. Shortly after you get your NOA2 you can get your manila case number. The case number is the thing you really want. After that the amount of time you wait is up to you.

Timeline

Hello All,

We have been a member of this site for few months and just read everyday for some information which might apply to us. Now we have some questions, hopefully someone could help us. We are wondering if USCIS will inquire on the employer of the benificiary. I am the benificiary, a Filipina working in Singapore for a certain position and just today i received an information that i will be offered a new position which means if USCIS is going to call my employer then if i will accept the offer then i would be holding a position which is not the same in the documents that my fiancee have sent. Do you think it has an effect on the application?

Another thing is, we are January filer, and we think that its good for us to prepare those docs which we can do in advance. Does the DS-156 and DS-156K for submission to the embassy is to be downloaded from the website,or the embassy will send me a hard copy which i have to fill up manually?

Thanks in advance for your help :yes:

Mikelor

Just to clarify, You are a citizen of the Philippines? Yopu have a Philippine passport? You only work in Singapore.

Timeline

One or two of the forms are meant to be filled out on-line. I forget which one. It has a bar-code that is specific to you and contains your information. The Embassy does not send you anything required or useful. Shortly after you get your NOA2 you can get your manila case number. The case number is the thing you really want. After that the amount of time you wait is up to you.

Thanks Brian. It is the DS-156 Form which has a Barcode so this should be the one. We are planning to try filling up the form as a practice this weekend but when i look at it, i am afraid that this might be stored at USCIS's website if we continue the whole process of filling up the form. Do you think they would have a copy every time we make a trial?

Timeline

Thanks Brian. It is the DS-156 Form which has a Barcode so this should be the one. We are planning to try filling up the form as a practice this weekend but when i look at it, i am afraid that this might be stored at USCIS's website if we continue the whole process of filling up the form. Do you think they would have a copy every time we make a trial?

I did do some research on the bar-codes. As you have noticed the bar-code on page 1 is different each time you use the form. It is a standard (3 of 9 bar-code). The number below the bar-code also appears at the top of page 3. This appears to be a quick way to make sure you have the correct page 3 to match page 1 and 2 in case a page gets misplaced.

The big bar-code on page 3 is a totally different style code. It actually contains most of the information that you entered on page 1 and 2. It has things like your name, passport number. I can't say if they keep all your "test" documents on file but they don't have to. Just by scanning the big code on page 3 they can read most of what you entered on page 1 and 2. Some people will say you can hand correct errors on page 1 but from what I know of the bar-code on page 3 you are better to do the entire document over. We actually did ours about 15 times.

Timeline

I did do some research on the bar-codes. As you have noticed the bar-code on page 1 is different each time you use the form. It is a standard (3 of 9 bar-code). The number below the bar-code also appears at the top of page 3. This appears to be a quick way to make sure you have the correct page 3 to match page 1 and 2 in case a page gets misplaced.

The big bar-code on page 3 is a totally different style code. It actually contains most of the information that you entered on page 1 and 2. It has things like your name, passport number. I can't say if they keep all your "test" documents on file but they don't have to. Just by scanning the big code on page 3 they can read most of what you entered on page 1 and 2. Some people will say you can hand correct errors on page 1 but from what I know of the bar-code on page 3 you are better to do the entire document over. We actually did ours about 15 times.

Hi Brian,

Thanks again, you are of big help..we actually tried filling up the form and we really encountered few errors after we clicked "continue". We were able to print the form but only after "2 clicks" on the Continue button. So we knew that we need to fill up the form again.. Our question is, can we finalized the form before the NOA2? we are wondering if they are able to trace what date we printed the form,; meaning if it has some issues when we print it before the NOA2..did you wait to print your final form until you received the notice?

Regards,

mikelor

Timeline

Hi Brian,

Thanks again, you are of big help..we actually tried filling up the form and we really encountered few errors after we clicked "continue". We were able to print the form but only after "2 clicks" on the Continue button. So we knew that we need to fill up the form again.. Our question is, can we finalized the form before the NOA2? we are wondering if they are able to trace what date we printed the form,; meaning if it has some issues when we print it before the NOA2..did you wait to print your final form until you received the notice?

Regards,

mikelor

We worked on ours befor the NOA2. But the final one we actualy used was done after I had the NOA2.

I really don't see any reason why one printed earlier would not be ok as long as all the information is correct.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.