spookyturtle

CSU Students Claim They Were Beaten By School's Football Players After Receiving Homophobic Slurs

3 posts in this topic

Police and Colorado State University officials are investigating a fight that sent four freshmen to the hospital after an alleged confrontation by CSU football players.

CSU freshmen J.D. Haley and Donny Gocha suffered injuries that included black eyes, a broken nose, a lacerated lip, chipped teeth and even the imprint of a bootmark on Gocha's back.

Gocha posted a photo of his sustained facial injuries on his Facebook Sunday with the caption, "I can literally barely see today."

Many of Haley's injuries came as a result of him trying to use his body to cover Gocha's head during the fight.

"You could just tell they were looking for a fight," Haley told the Fort Collins Coloradoan. "They just started beating the back of Donny's head in."

After leaving a party Friday night, Haley and Gocha said that students in an SUV driving by began yelling homophobic insults. When Gocha yelled back, the occupants got out of the SUV and started kicking and punching Gocha in the head.

Though CSU spokesman Mike Hooker said that he couldn't provide the names of the people suspected to be involved in the incident because the investigation is ongoing, football coach Jim McElwain announced the suspension of three players Saturday, 7News reports.

"Police are doing their investigation, and the university will also conduct an investigation," Hooker said in a statement, according to The Denver Post. "If it is found that any of our students have been involved in the kind of behavior that's been described, there will be severe consequences."

Junior defensive end Nordly Capi, junior linebacker Mike Orakpo and junior defensive end Colton Paulhus all received indefinite suspensions for a violation of team rules. Team players have said they cannot comment on the investigation.

Gocha posted on his Facebook page Saturday:

Had a bunch of football players just come to my room and apologize for what happens [sic]. I agree it shouldn't make the whole team look bad! Only if nothing was done then I'd be upset and that isn't the case. Glad I have so many people who care though.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/09/csu-students-claim-they-w_n_1411668.html

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

LIke who hasn't been called such names as "faggot" or something during a altercation?

I the person getting his azz kicked is normal it means nothing, if he is gay it really means something.

Apparently someone got a serious azz whoopin, for opening their mouth to the wrong passing car, learn from it and move on.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn