Dumb/Dumber

Field Investigators after Interview Denial

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Turkey
Timeline

My husband had his interview in January and was told the Petition was being sent back to NVC for review. The US Immigration says they still have not received the petition back. Last week field investigators were out asking questions about me and my husband in his city. Has anyone else experienced this? I had just left his country a few weeks before and one of the people they talked to was his brother. Wonder what this could mean for our case?

Anyone's experience with this, please share.

Thank you.

NOA 1 November 15, 2010

NOA 2 August 25, 2011

Closed NVC Ocotber 11, 2011

Interview Date: January 12,2012

Thank you my wonderful God in Heaven.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

My husband had his interview in January and was told the Petition was being sent back to NVC for review. The US Immigration says they still have not received the petition back. Last week field investigators were out asking questions about me and my husband in his city. Has anyone else experienced this? I had just left his country a few weeks before and one of the people they talked to was his brother. Wonder what this could mean for our case?

Anyone's experience with this, please share.

Thank you.

That's a good news. They are working on your case. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: They talked to your brother in law? English? turkish?

jkshrmfeqk.png

ooOcm7.png

event.png

Timeline

That's a good news. They are working on your case. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: They talked to your brother in law? English? turkish?

Turkish. I keep trying to call the Embassy but I always get message that they do not take phone calls. I am trying to find out if they have kept the case in Turkey as I requested in 6 e-mails starting with the day he interviewed.

I pray they are working on it. I had a terrible meltdown today and my husband thought I wanted to end the marriage which I DO NOT. I am in just so much pain.

NOA 1 November 15, 2010

NOA 2 August 25, 2011

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I am brutally honest and very opionated member so I will tell you what I believe. They are trying to gather more evidence for the denial before they send it back... Maybe they realized their denial is weak and they need more to send it back. Or maybe it is in ap now cause they changed their minds and they are gathering ap evidence to approve

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Sept 11, 2011 NOA2-took 19 days to get case number

Sept 30, 2011 NVC number and IIN received Friday-gotta wait till Monday

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

Nov 30, 2011 Notified of Interview date

January 19, 2012 Interview- 240 days from NOA1

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

Timeline

After the CO denied your visa it has to go to a higher up person for final review before sending it back to USCIS.

So, the higher up probably said the denial is for weak reasons.

So they will either have gathered more evidence for a stronger denial before sending it back or they will find out it is still a weak denial and schedule him another interview or tell him to send his passport in.

Nothing will happen quickly. It will take months usually.

There have not been many field investigations after denials so maybe this is a good sign?

What questions did they ask the brother in law

how did they identify themselves?

What answers did your Brother in law give

Good Luck! I hope this turns around for you

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

Timeline

After the CO denied your visa it has to go to a higher up person for final review before sending it back to USCIS.

So, the higher up probably said the denial is for weak reasons.

So they will either have gathered more evidence for a stronger denial before sending it back or they will find out it is still a weak denial and schedule him another interview or tell him to send his passport in.

Nothing will happen quickly. It will take months usually.

There have not been many field investigations after denials so maybe this is a good sign?

What questions did they ask the brother in law

how did they identify themselves?

What answers did your Brother in law give

Good Luck! I hope this turns around for you

They identified themselves as police investigators and ask him if he knew Umit Pamuk. He told them that he was Umit Pamuk's brother. They asked him if I was in Turkey and if he had seen me recently. He told them that I had just left his city a week or so ago because I had to get back to work. I had just sent a new e-mail to the embassy on the Friday before the Tuesday the investigators showed up. I had told them I had just left Turkey and I was hoping that since I talked to the US Immigration and they still had not returned the case to America that I was requesting that they would give him a second interview.

Edited by Dumb/Dumber

NOA 1 November 15, 2010

NOA 2 August 25, 2011

Timeline

That is the only question they asked him and they left?

They did not ask if he liked you? If he approved of you?

It sounds like you are doing a great job to make them do a field investigation at this point

I hope you hear some really great news soon!!

Call DOS now and ask the status of his case

See if they say administrative process

ask if it is Mandatory

if they say no then ask if it is Internal

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Timeline

Yes, he told them that I had stayed with them three times and that he and the family loved me so much. He told them he thought I was wonderful. I talked to DOS yesterday and they said they have no information that the petition has been or is being returned to America. I told them about the field investigators and they said they had no more informationt on file at this time.

Edited by Dumb/Dumber

NOA 1 November 15, 2010

NOA 2 August 25, 2011

Timeline

That sounds like you will hear good news in a couple months... Hopefully less

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.