16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I was talking to my wife about the G-325A and she told me the fathers name listed on his birth certificated is a generic name because she didn't want the fathers name on the BC. She said this is common in Ukraine. Has anyone else run into this? What should be listed on the G-325A?

She should probably try to obtain a corrected birth certificate. The consulate is going to want a quit claim from the father giving permission for his son to immigrate. It's going to be more than a little awkward if she presents a quit claim signed by someone whose name doesn't match the name on the birth certificate.

Lying on official forms may be common in Ukraine (I have no idea whether or not this is true), but it's definitely NOT common in the US, and the US government has a tendency to go ballistic when they're given documents containing information which is knowingly false. If she knows the father's name then it must be given on the G-325A. Do not provide any false information on any of the forms. Ever. It will come back to haunt you big time.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.