CANtoUSlove

Still no NVC #... March NOA2

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Is anyone else's NVC # taking a while?

We got our NOA2 on March 16, and have been calling the NVC to see if they have gotten it yet. They have said "Wait 15 business days. It takes about that long". Called again today, still nothing.

Just curious how long it usually takes, and what I should be prepared for once they do have the number.

I've gotten all of my tax return information, employment verification, and affidavit of support information ready- and my husband has all of his documents plus his police certificate done.

We are so ready to get this thing moving!!!

Thanks in advance for your help! :)

2005- Met through mutual friends

2009- Started our relationship

July 4, 2011- Engaged!

August 1, 2011- We're Married!!!

USCIS:

September 16, 2011 - I-130, Fedex to USCIS

September 26, 2011 - NOA1 ( Received )

March 16, 2012 - NOA 2

NVC:

April 12, 2012- Sent NVCResarch copy of reciept for inquiry

April 18, 2012- Called Congressman to ask for assistance

April 20, 2012- NVC Received petition

May 1, 2012- NVC Case number assigned

May 2, 2012- DS 3032 and AOS invoice recieved

May 3, 2012- Paid AOS bill, submitted DS- 261

May 4, 2012- Submitted AOS

May 11, 2012- Recieved IV invoice, Paid IV bill

May 14, 2012- IV bill payment received by NVC, Filled out DS-260 and submitted

May 15, 2012- IV packet emailed to NVC

May 21, 2012- Case complete!!!!!!

June 13, 2012- Medical appointment

July 9, 2012- Interview Date --- APPROVED!

July 13, 2012- POE

Is anyone else's NVC # taking a while?

We got our NOA2 on March 16, and have been calling the NVC to see if they have gotten it yet. They have said "Wait 15 business days. It takes about that long". Called again today, still nothing.

Just curious how long it usually takes, and what I should be prepared for once they do have the number.

I've gotten all of my tax return information, employment verification, and affidavit of support information ready- and my husband has all of his documents plus his police certificate done.

We are so ready to get this thing moving!!!

Thanks in advance for your help! :)

If you look at the NVC processing times spreadsheet linked in my signature, you'll see that others right around your NOA2 date got their case numbers assigned last week. I'm betting you'll get yours this week yes.gif

As for what you'll be doing after you get your case number, I'd highly suggest reading the wiki linked in my signature as it talks about electronic processing and online forms, for Canadians.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I received my NOA2 on January 22nd and only got my Packet 3 ( http://photos.state.gov/libraries/canada/303578/montreal/packet3-k1-mtl.pdf : note this is the one for Montreal) through the mail around mid-March. It can take awhile. I think all you can do in the meantime is wait. As soon as you receive it, if you have all of your documents gathered already, you can send them to the Consulate via DHL (Loomis Express) using the form on the CSC Visa website. Afterwards it doesn't (usually) take too long to get your packet 4. I took me 6 business days at the end of March. It will move quickly, you'll see :)

Note that the USC doesn't have to send all of his or her proof with the packet 3. The only things that have to be sent are the necessary forms filled out/signed by the beneficiary along with the checklist. That's the case for Montreal anyways. If your fiancé is getting interviews in Vancouver, note that it might be different, I'm not sure.

I received my NOA2 on January 22nd and only got my Packet 3 ( http://photos.state....ket3-k1-mtl.pdf : note this is the one for Montreal) through the mail around mid-March. It can take awhile. I think all you can do in the meantime is wait. As soon as you receive it, if you have all of your documents gathered already, you can send them to the Consulate via DHL (Loomis Express) using the form on the CSC Visa website. Afterwards it doesn't (usually) take too long to get your packet 4. I took me 6 business days at the end of March. It will move quickly, you'll see :)

Note that the USC doesn't have to send all of his or her proof with the packet 3. The only things that have to be sent are the necessary forms filled out/signed by the beneficiary along with the checklist. That's the case for Montreal anyways. If your fiancé is getting interviews in Vancouver, note that it might be different, I'm not sure.

Um, you're a K-1 visa applicant. The OP is an IR-1/CR-1 visa applicant and posted in the IR-1/CR-1 thread. Your process is completely DIFFERENT from what theirs will be.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

If you look at the NVC processing times spreadsheet linked in my signature, you'll see that others right around your NOA2 date got their case numbers assigned last week. I'm betting you'll get yours this week yes.gif

As for what you'll be doing after you get your case number, I'd highly suggest reading the wiki linked in my signature as it talks about electronic processing and online forms, for Canadians.

Thank you!!! You're always super helpful, and you definitely put my mind at ease... I will definitely read those links. I want to be as prepared as we can to help expedite the process. What a pain! :blink:

Thanks again!

2005- Met through mutual friends

2009- Started our relationship

July 4, 2011- Engaged!

August 1, 2011- We're Married!!!

USCIS:

September 16, 2011 - I-130, Fedex to USCIS

September 26, 2011 - NOA1 ( Received )

March 16, 2012 - NOA 2

NVC:

April 12, 2012- Sent NVCResarch copy of reciept for inquiry

April 18, 2012- Called Congressman to ask for assistance

April 20, 2012- NVC Received petition

May 1, 2012- NVC Case number assigned

May 2, 2012- DS 3032 and AOS invoice recieved

May 3, 2012- Paid AOS bill, submitted DS- 261

May 4, 2012- Submitted AOS

May 11, 2012- Recieved IV invoice, Paid IV bill

May 14, 2012- IV bill payment received by NVC, Filled out DS-260 and submitted

May 15, 2012- IV packet emailed to NVC

May 21, 2012- Case complete!!!!!!

June 13, 2012- Medical appointment

July 9, 2012- Interview Date --- APPROVED!

July 13, 2012- POE

Thank you!!! You're always super helpful, and you definitely put my mind at ease... I will definitely read those links. I want to be as prepared as we can to help expedite the process. What a pain! :blink:

Thanks again!

You're welcome!

Once you do get your case number, things move really quickly in NVC, so make sure you're prepared!

If you have any questions after reading my wiki, I'd be glad to help! You can always PM with questions or post here ;)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Um, you're a K-1 visa applicant. The OP is an IR-1/CR-1 visa applicant and posted in the IR-1/CR-1 thread. Your process is completely DIFFERENT from what theirs will be.

OOPS, I apologize, I hadn't noticed. I ought to be more attentive! Sorry!

OOPS, I apologize, I hadn't noticed. I ought to be more attentive! Sorry!

Haha, it's okay. I've seen it happen multiple times!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.