6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

Hey guys,

I'm starting to get a little paranoid about my AOS status. If you could find the time to thoroughly read through my topic and provide any advice, that would be great.

I came to the states to live here with my husband in NOV 2011 with a K-1 visa. We got married, got SSN and filed for AOS. I sent out my AOS documents on DEC 16 2011. I received my biometrics appointment letter and went for my bio about 5 weeks later. About a week after I did my biometrics, I received a pink letter from USCIS saying that I did not fill out the tax portion of the I-864 out correctly and that they will give me 84 days correctly fill it in and return it.

The I-864 tax portion asks you to write down the three recent years of your tax. The problem with that portion was that my husband was in South Korea for the last two years. To make story short here, we got in touch with a tax accountant that helped us file his recent tax and also report his earnings from S.Korea. When all was done, I requested tax transcripts for the last 3 years from IRS. Because my husband has been working for about a year and a half in the US, the most recent tax transcript came back with an amount we could fill in on the I-864. However, his other two transcripts came back with $0.00, so I filled in the last two blanks with zero dollars. I attached all three transcripts and sent the new I-864 out. (All this took about a month and a half to complete).

It has been 25 days since the day I sent the new I-864. My question is....

1) Do you think I filled out the I-864 correctly

2) How long should I be expected to wait until I hear something back?

Thank you for all your help!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Not a k-1 process or procedure, moved to the AOS forums.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Hey guys,

I'm starting to get a little paranoid about my AOS status. If you could find the time to thoroughly read through my topic and provide any advice, that would be great.

I came to the states to live here with my husband in NOV 2011 with a K-1 visa. We got married, got SSN and filed for AOS. I sent out my AOS documents on DEC 16 2011. I received my biometrics appointment letter and went for my bio about 5 weeks later. About a week after I did my biometrics, I received a pink letter from USCIS saying that I did not fill out the tax portion of the I-864 out correctly and that they will give me 84 days correctly fill it in and return it.

The I-864 tax portion asks you to write down the three recent years of your tax. The problem with that portion was that my husband was in South Korea for the last two years. To make story short here, we got in touch with a tax accountant that helped us file his recent tax and also report his earnings from S.Korea. When all was done, I requested tax transcripts for the last 3 years from IRS. Because my husband has been working for about a year and a half in the US, the most recent tax transcript came back with an amount we could fill in on the I-864. However, his other two transcripts came back with $0.00, so I filled in the last two blanks with zero dollars. I attached all three transcripts and sent the new I-864 out. (All this took about a month and a half to complete).

It has been 25 days since the day I sent the new I-864. My question is....

1) Do you think I filled out the I-864 correctly

2) How long should I be expected to wait until I hear something back?

Thank you for all your help!

The affidavit of support gives you the option to send only the most recent tax return and supporting information. Did you also have a joint sponsor? Did you tick the box that says something about sending 3 yrs returns? if you did they are expecting to see it. It also says if you didn't file, you should explain this and send other documentation to show proof of eligibility to support.

Maybe others have knowledge that may shed a little more light.

03/05/12 (Day 01) Sent package

03/08/12 (Day 03) Package received

03/16/12 (Day 11) Bio Appt recieved

03/17/12 (Day 12) NOA received

03/19/12 (Day 14) Early Bio walk in

03/26/12 (Day 21) RFE notification

03/28/12 (Day 23) RFE returned

04/09/12 (Day 36) Original Bio date

04/20/12 (Day 47) Interview Appt recieved

05/03/12 (Day 60) EAD Approved

05/08/12 (Day 65) 2nd Approval

05/09/12 (Day 66) EAD Mailed

05/10/12 (Day 67) USPS picked up card

05/11/12 (Day 68) EAD in hand

05/23/12 (Day 79) Interview

ticker.png

ticker.png

It sounds like you answered accurately. You have the 3 most recent years filed and provided a transcript for the most recent year (at least) showing that he made enough. I wouldn't stress too much.

OUR TIMELINE

I am the USC, husband is adjusting from B2.

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS

08.06.2010 - Sent off I-485
08.25.2010 - NOA hard copies received (x4), case status available online: 765, 131, 130.
10.15.2010 - RFE received: need 2 additional photos for AP.
10.18.2010 - RFE response sent certified mail
10.21.2010 - Service request placed for biometrics
10.25.2010 - RFE received per USCIS
10.26.2010 - Text/email received - AP approved!
10.28.2010 - Biometrics appointment received, dated 10/22 - set for 11/19 @ 3:00 PM
11.01.2010 - Successful biometrics walk-in @ 9:45 AM; EAD card sent for production text/email @ 2:47 PM! I-485 case status now available online.
11.04.2010 - Text/Email (2nd) - EAD card sent for production
11.08.2010 - Text/Email (3rd) - EAD approved
11.10.2010 - EAD received
12.11.2010 - Interview letter received - 01.13.11
01.13.2011 - Interview - no decision on the spot
01.24.2011 - Approved! Card production ordered!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

11.02.2012 - Mailed I-751 packet to VSC
11.08.2012 - Checks cashed
11.10.2012 - NOA1 received, dated 11.06.2012
11.17.2012 - Biometrics letter received for 12.05.2012
11.23.2012 - Successful early biometrics walk-in

05.03.2013 - Approved! Card production ordered!

CITIZENSHIP

Filing in November 2013

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

The affidavit of support gives you the option to send only the most recent tax return and supporting information. Did you also have a joint sponsor? Did you tick the box that says something about sending 3 yrs returns? if you did they are expecting to see it. It also says if you didn't file, you should explain this and send other documentation to show proof of eligibility to support.

Maybe others have knowledge that may shed a little more light.

I did check the box about showing the returns and did attach all three returns to the application. Although, one thing I didnt do, which I think I should have done, is explained why the first two years have $0.00 on them... Hopefully it'll work out.. thank you

It's been 30 days for me and still no answer.

its been about 30 days for me too. Im glad we're on the same boat as far as this.. atleast we know we're not alone:)

It sounds like you answered accurately. You have the 3 most recent years filed and provided a transcript for the most recent year (at least) showing that he made enough. I wouldn't stress too much.

Thanks... I do feel a lot less stressed about it now. Thanks for ur reply :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.