7 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

hi to all of you i'm new to this web site but i have a question about something well my friend is dating this girl and they are in love but she has a child and they love each other so my friend has a passport so can she come from Slovenia to u.s.a just for a visit and then get married so she could get her green card after 1 year or can they do their papers in u.s.a and be all set with it ?

please reply to this cause my friend needs a help

thank you so much

Edited by SaniBoy

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

No, She can come to the USA to get married, but she would need to leave after her time on the visa waiver or tourist visa is up, return to her home country to wait for the medical and interview, then get the visa, then immigrate to be with her husband. Her child could get a visa too.

Is your friend in the USA a US citizen or a greencard holder? How long the process takes will depend on that.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

Yes she can, but she needs to leave America again. She cannot stay until the papers are done. Slovenia is a visa waiver country, so she can visit for 90 days, get married, file the papers and then leave. The process will take 7+ months (longer if your friend is a gtreencard holder, not a US citizen), so she can visit again if they want to, but should never overstay her 90 days.

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

For the third time: no.

Entering the USA with a tourist visa or on the Visa Waiver program with the intent to marry AND STAY is immigration fraud.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.