I AM NOT THAT GUY

Geroge Zimmerman Defense Team Preparing for Grand Jury Trial and Indictment

32 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Steve you do have a bit of a point in that usually it happens so fast there is no time to react. The most productive thing is to avoid the threat which is difficult to do in real urban areas.

It is very hard to keep a 20 ft distance on a subway platform.

Where you are wrong is that "packin" gives you options. When you truly feel you or perhaps a loved one's life is in serious danger, would you not wish to God you had that option?

On that subway platform things can happen awfully fast. Yes, it is nice if I have the option of using a gun. My problem is that I am not so sure I want to be on that subway platform when some nervous nelly type thinks he is in danger, panics, and starts firing rounds off! It is a real dilemma and there are good arguments on both sides.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Who walks around alone at night though beyond getting to and from your car? And if it's that dangerous, why not find a safer method? Even packing a gun isn't going to stop you from being jumped by a gang, for example, unless you plan on walking around at night with gun in hand and continuously scanning all directions as you move like you are some kind of zombie movie. If an aggressor knows or even thinks you might be packing and they are dead set on inflicting violence, they'll simply shoot you first.

I understand the concern for safety and I think there some instances where a gun would be the most appropriate method of protection, but for most situations and especially in your own neighborhood, packing a gun just doesn't make sense. There are other, nonlethal ways to be safe when you have to be out at night, but beyond getting to and from your car, I can't see what else would bring someone out at night, alone.

I guess I have lived away from 'civilization' too long to realize how bad it is for many of you. I am really spoiled here I guess. I walk anywhere I want at any time of day or night and never have even a little fear of assault. The only assaults that occur here are either domestic disturbances or the typical bar-room fights. People leave their cars unlocked and the keys in the car sometimes! Many people never lock the doors on their house.

If I did have to live in one of these 'urban jungles' I might consider being armed. I did live in Dayton, Ohio many years ago my final student years. Maybe it was different then.