Sabian

Returning passport

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

We have requested 3 different times to have my husbands passport returned to him. Each time the embassy says they cannot return it because they are still working on our case. We were told our case was denied in November 2011, but then told we are in AP January 2012. As we have been in AP for 8 months already, we wish to move to Dubai for the time being so we can continue our life together. We don't know if we are in AP, or if they are refusing our visa. Everytime we call the embassy they say it is NOT denied and we are being reviewed by an officer. Since we have very little consistency with the embassy and we are missing one another so much we wish to move to Dubai. There is very little future for us in Pakistan, especially if we plan on having children in the next 3 or 4 years. Can an embassy hold a persons passport? I am returning to Pak soon to stay with my husband for a few months and told the embassy I am going there if they need to talk to me. I still haven't gotten any reply (2 weeks since the email).

Thank you!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Thats the same thing thats going on with our case, we were told that they are sending back our case to USCIS, so my fiance send an email to them and request his passport back, and then they replied back and said that they forward his case to a co for review, but I am going to Pakistan this month so I am going into the embassy, and then they will have to give me some answers.I am taking all the emails to them.But good luck on ur journey.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

How will you go to the embassy? As far as I know they will not let you in unless you have an appointment. I will also be going back to Pakistan. Good luck and I hope you get some answers as to what is going on.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.