Elisinha

Form 134

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi guys,

Does the Form I-134 (Affidavit of Support) - Entrevist have to be NOTARIZED?

I dont remember reading this any where :blush: ..

Help!

Thanks,

No the form does not have to be notarized. Canada does not ask for this.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

No. The little paragraph that states something along the line of 'filled out to the best of my knowledge and ability and false information could be charged as perjury... ' means it does not have to be notorized.

USCIS- 260 Days

6/8/11~ Mailed I-130 Application, withdrew Canadian PR application
6/16/11~ NOA1 email and text message Case routed to CSC (Priority Date)
7/12/11~ The 'Money Order' Incident/Returned to Tennessee
8/03/11~ TOUCHED!
3/2/12~ APPROVED! NOA2!

NVC Electronic Processing- Montreal- 19 Days

3/21/12~ Received case number & IIN 20 Days after NOA2
3/21/12~ Sent in opt-in email
3/22/12~ Opt-in accepted
3/23/12~ DS-261 Submitted, never accepted
3/29/12~ AOS bill invoiced and paid
3/30/12~ AOS shows PAID- AOS Package emailed/received, DS-3032 emailed/accepted
4/2/12~ IV bill invoiced and paid
4/3/12~ AOS Checklist documents emailed(first time)
4/4/12~ IV shows PAID- DS-260 submitted/ IV Package emailed/received
4/4/12~ AOS Checklist documents sent again for CYA (second time)
4/5/12~ IV package accepted! No Checklists!
4/6/12~ AOS Checklist emailed(third time)
4/9/12~ AOS packet accepted (finally)
CASE COMPLETE!!

Interview 354 days from NOA1/ 362 days from initial filing date
5/29/12~ Medical@ Medisys, Montreal
6/4/12~ Interview APPROVED!!!
08/07/2012~ POE Emerson, MB/Pembina, ND by land
08/09/2012~ HOME!! 424 days from initial filing date!
08/14/2012~ SSN Received
09/10/2012~ Received Green Card

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Timeline

Thank you, guys!

It seems clear now.

I am coming to the END of K1.. excited to do all over for AOS.. God help!

Then after AOS start on evidence for ROC! wacko.gif THEN! if your like me start studying for NAT testing. wacko.gif Sometimes i feel like i'm doing NAT just so they will stop taking my money and get out of my hair lol.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

AOS is the easiest process, in my opinion. You're together, and its mostly just paperwork and money. Its easier after the K-1 is done!

I want to naturalize, but part of me wants to get my moneys worth on this 10 year car! :lol: I might wait a year or 2...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi guys,

Can anyone here give some input about the financial support my fiance needs to provide along with the I-134 form?

- payment stabs

- taxes return from last year (W2s, 1040 or transcript)

- statements from the bank. (Can they be printed from the internet?)

- letter from his boss that says: how long he has been working for the company, salary earned per year, his position at work etc.. Does this letter have be notarized? Or this letter is not important at all?

Anything else?

Thanks,

Cam & Ellie

Timeline

1. Pay stubs are good. Bring a few of the most recent ones maybe one for each month prior to that up to 12 months or so. Make sure to bring photocopies.

2. You should bring the last 3 years tax transcripts (you can order them from the IRS for free) OR tax returns. Tax returns include the actual tax form + the W2. Ensure that if you bring tax returns to photocopy them (including the W2) because they will want to keep the copies.

3. Bank account statements don't really mean anything. It's better to get a letter from the bank stating how long you fiance has maintained an account with them, how much has been deposited, etc. Montreal kept this letter at my interview so they must've thought it was worth looking at.

4. The letter does not have to be notarized, though it should be done on company letterhead and be signed by an appropriate superior. This letter is good evidence because it shows your husband has employment. Montreal kept my hub's employment letter as well.

If your fiance has any assets (like in a 401K or something) you can also bring some kind of statement or printout showing how much he's contributed to them.

Edited by pocheros

Timeline

Thanks Pocheros... the only thing we need to fix is the employment letter, cause his company doesnt have a letterhead .

Hopefully whatever we present will be good.

Thanks, again

Cam & Ellie

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Guys I need help to understand the last question on this form.

So I just received my fiance's financial support package and on the form I-134 last question number 11 says:

11- I ___ intend ___ Do not intend to make specific contribution to support of the person named in item 3.

(if you check "intend" indicate the exact nature and duration of the contribution..etc... etc..)

My lovely fiance checked "I intend" and he explained bellow:

" Elisangela and I are to be married so I intend to support her as her husband"

Is this answer correct? :help:

Cam & Ellie

Timeline

According to this example form, you say "N/A (K1 visa process for permanent residence.)"

The example form is here: http://www.visajourney.com/examples/Form-I-134.pdf

More example forms are here: http://www.visajourney.com/content/examples

I forget what my husband put on our I-134.

Edit: What you wrote is fine. The interviewers are human and understand that what your husband meant :)

Edited by pocheros

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.