highlander08

RUB - FSU children compared to USC children & others

239 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

They also like to talk!

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline

Yes, to each other, and to their significant others.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Yes, to each other, and to their significant others.

:lol:

Hmmm and here I thought is was just one of those INDIVIDUAL things, that only Alla and, of course, her RUB friends were like that. :whistle:

Yes they like to talk and if you ask them "How was your day" be prepared to listen. It usually takes her three times longer to tell me what her Mom said than the phone call lasted because she has to add the tangental information about various other people connected, somehow, to the question ..."How is Momma?" :wacko: Last time we ended up speaking about people who live in Isreal and are distant relatives... :girlwerewolf2xn:

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

They also like to talk!

Phil, does ths ever happen to you? You ask them something like "So, how is Momma?" and they launch off on this, whatever, lecture I suppose. So it all makes perfect sense and you are going along in life and everything seems OK and suddenly, after 20 minutes or so, (not sure how long but you made a big sandwich while she was talking and ate it and washed it down with a tall cold drink) you find yourself in someplace very unfamiliar and you have no idea how you got there and what is happening? That ever happen? Then I say, "Alla, why...how...wait, WHY are we talking about someone who lives in Tel Aviv?"

The answer? "you asked" :o

Gary And Alla

Timeline

:lol:

Hmmm and here I thought is was just one of those INDIVIDUAL things, that only Alla and, of course, her RUB friends were like that. :whistle:

Yes they like to talk and if you ask them "How was your day" be prepared to listen. It usually takes her three times longer to tell me what her Mom said than the phone call lasted because she has to add the tangental information about various other people connected, somehow, to the question ..."How is Momma?" :wacko: Last time we ended up speaking about people who live in Isreal and are distant relatives... :girlwerewolf2xn:

I'm trying to bring this back on track.....so OP, they like to talk. When will you atttempt this?

I've given you a method that both of you can use to break the ice......if you show willingness to push the envelope and not be so scared....that in itself will endear yourself to your FSU woman (if that is who you are emailing with?!!).

Filed: Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I'm trying to bring this back on track.....so OP, they like to talk. When will you atttempt this?

I've given you a method that both of you can use to break the ice......if you show willingness to push the envelope and not be so scared....that in itself will endear yourself to your FSU woman (if that is who you are emailing with?!!).

:rolleyes::ph34r: Why are you so suspicious of everyones motives. big city life ?????? ?????? she has said that she lives in apt with mom and dad and doesnt want freaked out guys she has decided not to continue calling making a nuisance and cause them to have to change a long standing phone # ... which I think is perfectly reasonable to respect the family...She does not have a computer at home. :secret::wow:

Edited by highlander08

*The Family Rules*

Always tell the truth , Always argue naked,of course not in the childrens presence.and Don't go to bed angry.

Too much t.v is bad, too much reading is good! Family comes first, always be there.

Hands are for hugging not for hitting! Be thankful for what you have.. don't envy others

Have fun, be kind, ask first, no fussing, no whining., Husband adore her always- Wife love him forever

Sing silly, dance crazy, hug often, snuggle daily ,use your manners- Yes, please. No, thank you.

Use nice words, ignore dirty words Share everything except bad ideas

Say your prayers, thank God for this family.

Always be nice to strangers cuz they just might be a friend you have'nt met yet..!

Timeline

:rolleyes::ph34r: Why are you so suspicious of everyones motives. big city life ?????? ?????? she has said that she lives in apt with mom and dad and doesnt want freaked out guys she has decided not to continue calling making a nuisance and cause them to have to change a long standing phone # ... which I think is perfectly reasonable to respect the family...She does not have a computer at home. :secret::wow:

Not everyone has a computer at home and in Cherkassy it is less common than in Kiev or Donetsk, for certain. However there are very cheap internet clubs around everywhere. Almost everyone has 2 cell phones, she does not have a cell phone? I think they have always been about 3 clicks ahead of us in that regard. Just something for you to consider, at some point those excuses get thin.

FWIW I dated a nice woman from Cherkassy. She lived in a small village near there actually, in a very crude home and grew her own vegetables...and not for a hobby!

Gary And Alla

Yes they like to talk

By "talk" do you mean "yell curse words and throw stuff?"

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

Not everyone has a computer at home and in Cherkassy it is less common than in Kiev or Donetsk, for certain. However there are very cheap internet clubs around everywhere. Almost everyone has 2 cell phones, she does not have a cell phone? I think they have always been about 3 clicks ahead of us in that regard. Just something for you to consider, at some point those excuses get thin.

FWIW I dated a nice woman from Cherkassy. She lived in a small village near there actually, in a very crude home and grew her own vegetables...and not for a hobby!

Yep....there is a red flag here. I and others here have seen this before......cell phones and SIM cards are cheap......you have no idea...they have totally different system than we do here.

The fact that she can not, will not, does not get a new SIM card and therefore a new number and tells you that she does not want to bother her parents or whomever home phone number is a load of bull.

Sri but you have to face the facts....which may be difficult for you.

No Serious woman would not want to talk with someone who may be her new husband and father for her daughter....none! Think about it.

By "talk" do you mean "yell curse words and throw stuff?"

Only at your house. My wife doesn't throw stuff....she does yell something like "I'll send you to Siberia!" when the dog gets into her flowers!!

Timeline

Yep....there is a red flag here. I and others here have seen this before......cell phones and SIM cards are cheap......you have no idea...they have totally different system than we do here.

The fact that she can not, will not, does not get a new SIM card and therefore a new number and tells you that she does not want to bother her parents or whomever home phone number is a load of bull.

Sri but you have to face the facts....which may be difficult for you.

No Serious woman would not want to talk with someone who may be her new husband and father for her daughter....none! Think about it.

Only at your house. My wife doesn't throw stuff....she does yell something like "I'll send you to Siberia!" when the dog gets into her flowers!!

Seriously she can change her number as easily as getting a SIM card as others have mentioned. Last time we bought one it was $7 in Ukraine. Eekee says $3, OK I will take her word for it, prices change and it has gotten cheaper. Suffice to say, she can buy a SIM card just for you, put money on it just for you and use it just for you. Home phones are kind of "out" in Ukraine. We disconnected ours in our flat and never used it since, cell phones only, we just refill our SIM cards when we get there. My MIL still has a home phone but she never uses it. We call her on her cell phone.

Alla doesn't throw things. She DOES yell but it is rare. Her scolding of the animals, in Russian, is slightly Americanized. She says "I will put you on Craig's List!"

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Why are you so suspicious of everyones motives.

If you want, my wife Alla can call your woman friend and talk to her. She had done this before and all of the folks here on VJ-RUB offer some sort of assistance in any regard.

It's not a big deal to us; we use a very cheap International Calling Card (don't you have one?) and can call any number anytime.

Since she doesn't have Internet at home, where / how does she communicate with you? At the Agency? What email address provider does she converse with you? Do you think she is corresponding with other men?

Timeline

If you want, my wife Alla can call your woman friend and talk to her. She had done this before and all of the folks here on VJ-RUB offer some sort of assistance in any regard.

It's not a big deal to us; we use a very cheap International Calling Card (don't you have one?) and can call any number anytime.

Since she doesn't have Internet at home, where / how does she communicate with you? At the Agency? What email address provider does she converse with you? @mail.ru

{ Do you think she is corresponding with other men?}

:huh: That is a posibility to consider, but winner take all. I do not want to break it off with her but I will send an email about the cards. ;)

Edited by highlander08

*The Family Rules*

Always tell the truth , Always argue naked,of course not in the childrens presence.and Don't go to bed angry.

Too much t.v is bad, too much reading is good! Family comes first, always be there.

Hands are for hugging not for hitting! Be thankful for what you have.. don't envy others

Have fun, be kind, ask first, no fussing, no whining., Husband adore her always- Wife love him forever

Sing silly, dance crazy, hug often, snuggle daily ,use your manners- Yes, please. No, thank you.

Always be nice to strangers cuz they just might be a friend you have'nt met yet..!

Timeline

:huh: That is a posibility to consider, but winner take all. I do not want to break it off with her but I will send an email about the cards. ;)

The cell phones there are very cheap and are unlocked. One buys cheap SIM cards everywhere; she can buy a low minutes one just for you, as Gary as suggested.

Are you corresponding with other women?

Timeline

The cell phones there are very cheap and are unlocked. One buys cheap SIM cards everywhere; she can buy a low minutes one just for you, as Gary as suggested.

Are you corresponding with other women? no but from what you guys are saying maybe I should start again...

seems like if she wuz serius she would put more effort in. I did not know about the phones and cards being cheaper over there...

*The Family Rules*

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.