Reuel

Medical examination shots question

5 posts in this topic

I'd assume its the same over there as here in the UK, over here any shots are an additional cost.

8/31/2011 I-129f sent... Come on...no whammies

9/8/11 NOA1

1/5/12 NOA2 whammies averted Just follow the guides people, it isn't rocket science

2/27/12 Medical

3/6/12 Packet 3 sent

3/17/12 Packet 4 received

4/17/12 Interview ------- Approved

5/9/12 POE Atlanta... then off to Austin

5/26/12 Married

6/5/12 applied SS# 6/11/12 received SS#

7/17/12 AOS filed I485 I131 I765

09/18/12 - EAD/AP approved

09/26/12 - EAD/AP Card delivered

03/07/13 - AOS Approved, No interview, No RFEs

03/15/13 - Greencard received

01/17/15 - filed for 10 year greencard

09/15/15 - 10 year green card recieved, no interview.........again

On the day of the examination, if the doctor determines my fianceé needs shots, are they included in the cost of the examination, or do they charge extra?

Thanks!

Its already included to the cost that you already paid

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

Marriage (if applicable): 2011-12-18

I-130 Sent : 2012-03-23

I-130 NOA1 : 2012-03-27

I-130 RFE : No RFE

I-130 RFE Sent : Thank you lord

I-130 Approved : 2012-06-29. ---- APPROVED in 94 days!!!!!!!! Thank you so much jesus.....

National Visa Center

Date Package Received By NVC : 2012-07-09

-- Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2012-07-31

-- Pay I-864 Bill : 2012-08-03

-- Receive I-864 Package : 2012-08-02

-- Return I-864 Package : 2012-08-17

-- Return Completed DS-3032 : 2012-08-02

-- Receive IV Bill : 2012-08-02

-- Pay IV Bill : 2012-08-03

-- Receive Instruction Package : 2012-09-15

-- Case Completed at NVC : 2012-08-27

Date Package Left From NVC : xxxx-xx-xx

Consulate Processing

Date Received By Consulate : xxxx-xx-xx

Advance medical : 2012-08-22 ( Passed )

Date Rec Appointment Letter (Pkt 4) : 2012-09-15

Interview Date (IR-1/CR-1 Visa): 2012-10-18

Interview Result : APPROVED!!!!!!! thank you lord....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Its already included to the cost that you already paid

Like the previous poster stated, all shots are covered in the Saint Lukes Medical Exam fee. Make sure you ask for every available shot that can be given. Don't forget to have your fiancee to get the DS-3025 (Shot Record) to bring with her when she comes to the U.S> It is helpful in getting any remaining immunizations that were not available and useful for the AOS paperwork that an Embassy approved Civil Surgeon needs to fill out. Also so you know, you don't need a Civil Surgeon to do the exam over, since the Saint Lukes Medical Exam is good for a year. Some Civil Surgeons will tell you they need to do it before signing any paperwork. Tell them no, the exam has already been done and they need to sign the paperwork for the immunizations section only. If they give you a hard time, then call around and find ones who understands your needs. The cost is usually around $50.00. I added the extra information so you would be aware when the time comes for the AOS paperwork. Take cae.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

On the day of the examination, if the doctor determines my fianceé needs shots, are they included in the cost of the examination, or do they charge extra?

Thanks!

Yes included in the fee, and if things are going good the day of the medical she will get the shots the same day and not need to come back the 2nd day.

They did not give my fiancee one of the needed shots, told her she will need to get it in the States, not sure why.

They were brutal when taking blood, her arm was all bruised for over a week from that.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.