6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I'm a little confused right now. My husband's case has been "pending AP" since December 19 according to DOS. The CO had told us the visa would be issued within two months, after waiting i decided to contact my congressman. I just got an update from them today, and they told me that they didn't get any information about the case being in administrative processing to begin with, and that on friday the case has been given to an Adjudicating Officer to look at. I don't understand if thats a good thing or a bad thing? I told her that I thought the case was under AP? and she said we didn't get any information about it being under AP because then there would be no time limit and they would've told us that. So I'm pretty confused right now. Has this happened to anyone else? please shed some light on me!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

My case has a bit similarity with yours more than a month back i got a email from embassy. they are sending my case back and DOS confirmed it as well recently i made number of inquiries to ISB too they said yes its going back they need 2-3 Months to send it back to USCIS for revocation. and now embassy emailed me back and saying they have forwarded my case to another CO for review. and now i'm pretty much distracted what is going on no where its showing they are sending it back now all saying DOS and embassy both.today even my fiancee called they said its under review and on march 22nd they got our tax papers infact we sent them in January Except God no one knows All i can say just keep your finger cross to Allah and pray Hard that you husband gets his Approval soon.

Edited by Mohsin786

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I would contact the embassy, because they have the most up to date information. The same thing that happened to Mohsin happened with us. It is good that you didn't get told your visa was denied, because it is devastating. Perhaps they are just running some more background checks, or they need to confirm something. I am not sure what an adjucating officer is though, I would be interested to find out. If and when you do please let us know. Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.