moemac59

Order in which documents go for interview at Montreal Consulate

25 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi all,

Just assembling my documents for my interview in April at the consulate in Montreal. Was wondering if there was a specific order that the docs should go in? I noticed on the review for the Vancouver consulate that there was an order to how the documents should be organized but nothing on Montreal's review of the consulate.

Anyone have any input? Hoping that this will impress the interviewing CO with how organized my documents are. :devil: hehe...little brownie points never hurt!

Thanks Moe

NATURALIZATION -WOOOHOO

Final paperwork sent to lawyer - 14-Dec-2015

GC-Date: Resident Since 02/13/2013

Sent: N-400 Sent 12/21/2015
NOA: 12/24/2015

Biometrics: 01/20/2016
In Line: 01/25/2016
Int Ltr: 01/28/2016
Interview: 03/08/2016
Oath: 04/14/2016
Field Office: Buffalo NY

I am a US Citizen!!!

Timeline

Put mine into an accordion folder and pulled the papers out when I was asked for each item.

There does not seem to be an order - at least when I went there they didn't. They asked every person different orders of items when we were all at the windows.

Edited by Inky

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

Yeah I sort of figured that it would be this way but also figured that it wouldn't hurt to ask. Thanks for your response.

NATURALIZATION -WOOOHOO

Final paperwork sent to lawyer - 14-Dec-2015

GC-Date: Resident Since 02/13/2013

Sent: N-400 Sent 12/21/2015
NOA: 12/24/2015

Biometrics: 01/20/2016
In Line: 01/25/2016
Int Ltr: 01/28/2016
Interview: 03/08/2016
Oath: 04/14/2016
Field Office: Buffalo NY

I am a US Citizen!!!

Timeline

Yeah I sort of figured that it would be this way but also figured that it wouldn't hurt to ask. Thanks for your response.

Just make sure they get all the documents - the person at my window even forgot to ask me for one of the most important documents they requested.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Timeline

Also keep your appointment letter and your passport handy, you will need them to prove ID as soon as you step through security.

US citizen since April 2016

ROC completed April 2014

AOS from K1 completed February 2012

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I would love to follow an order for my documents too.

But like it was said before, besides of knowing the order is really important WE KNOW and have ALL documents required, because they might forget to ask.

I would follow this order:

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/canada/303578/montreal/packet3-k1-mtl.pdf

Cam & Ellie

Timeline

So is it I-134 support of I864? Ive read both..We submitted I134s with pack3?

So do we need copies of DS260s.156s 156k or no because we previously submitted? All our immigrtation stuff got mixed in with tax stuff and work paperwork..Literally drowning in papers here, and Im missing a sheet here and there..uggg

Timeline

So is it I-134 support of I864? Ive read both..We submitted I134s with pack3?

So do we need copies of DS260s.156s 156k or no because we previously submitted? All our immigrtation stuff got mixed in with tax stuff and work paperwork..Literally drowning in papers here, and Im missing a sheet here and there..uggg

You should bring your own copy of everything you have submitted so far. Just in case the interviewing officer doesn't have it on hand and for your records. When you mail then a package, just make an extra copy and keep everything in the same order. I found it easier to manage this way.

You only need I-134 right now. I-864 will be for AOS.

US citizen since April 2016

ROC completed April 2014

AOS from K1 completed February 2012

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi,

Follow the link: http://photos.state.gov/libraries/canada/303578/montreal/packet4-montreal.pdf

Packet 4 online does state that for a K1 visa:

Please prepare all the necessary forms and documents before coming to the interview. Make sure you have the original and a copy of the supporting documents you want to submit during your interview. To prevent unnecessary delays during your interview, please arrange your documents in the following order:

a. Valid Passport and photocopy of the biographic page.

b. Ticket with your number (will be given at the Consulate)

c. Medical Examination in a sealed envelope (X-ray is not required, unless there is TB)

d. 2 color passport size pictures (5cm x 5cm or 2 inch x 2inch)

e. Form DS-230 part I or Confirmation Page of the electronic Form DS-260

f. 2 copies of Form DS-156 completed online and printed with barcode

g. Form DS-156K (do not sign)

h. Confirmation page of the online form DS-160

i. Statement of intent to marry from the U.S. petitioner (signed within last 30 days)

j. Birth Certificate, English translation and a photocopy

k. Marriage Certificate, English translation and a photocopy

l. Divorce Certificate, English translation and a photocopy

m. Custody documents, English translation and photocopy

n. Police Certificates from Canada and other countries of previous residence

o. Court / Criminal records and photocopy

p. Military records and photocopy

q. Proof of Financial Support (Form I-134) and photocopy of supporting documents (IRS transcript or photocopy of the most recent Federal income tax return, bank statements, employment pay slips, etc.)

r. Copy of the U.S. petitioner status in the USA

s. Copies of documents proving petitioner’s U.S. domicile

Timeline

Hi,

Follow the link: http://photos.state....t4-montreal.pdf

Packet 4 online does state that for a K1 visa:

Please prepare all the necessary forms and documents before coming to the interview. Make sure you have the original and a copy of the supporting documents you want to submit during your interview. To prevent unnecessary delays during your interview, please arrange your documents in the following order:

a. Valid Passport and photocopy of the biographic page.

b. Ticket with your number (will be given at the Consulate)

c. Medical Examination in a sealed envelope (X-ray is not required, unless there is TB)

d. 2 color passport size pictures (5cm x 5cm or 2 inch x 2inch)

e. Form DS-230 part I or Confirmation Page of the electronic Form DS-260

f. 2 copies of Form DS-156 completed online and printed with barcode

g. Form DS-156K (do not sign)

h. Confirmation page of the online form DS-160

i. Statement of intent to marry from the U.S. petitioner (signed within last 30 days)

j. Birth Certificate, English translation and a photocopy

k. Marriage Certificate, English translation and a photocopy

l. Divorce Certificate, English translation and a photocopy

m. Custody documents, English translation and photocopy

n. Police Certificates from Canada and other countries of previous residence

o. Court / Criminal records and photocopy

p. Military records and photocopy

q. Proof of Financial Support (Form I-134) and photocopy of supporting documents (IRS transcript or photocopy of the most recent Federal income tax return, bank statements, employment pay slips, etc.)

r. Copy of the U.S. petitioner status in the USA

s. Copies of documents proving petitioner's U.S. domicile

It lists the documents yes but the person at the window will ask in whatever order they ask. They don't go by a list. Often the person will forget something too.

Timeline

Thanks for posting the list here. Now I have a question:

All the forms we sent along with P3 we have to bring extra copies again for the interview? \ :blush: What is the point? Sorry!

And what is : Form DS-230 part I or Confirmation Page of the electronic Form DS-260 .... What form is this DS-260? i dont remember filling out for my P3? :bonk: help!!!!!

Thanks

Cam & Ellie

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks for posting the list here. Now I have a question:

All the forms we sent along with P3 we have to bring extra copies again for the interview? \ :blush: What is the point? Sorry!

And what is : Form DS-230 part I or Confirmation Page of the electronic Form DS-260 .... What form is this DS-260? i dont remember filling out for my P3? :bonk: help!!!!!

Thanks

You don't HAVE to bring extra copies of P3 to the interview- it's just handy to do so in case they lost a form. It's also handy to keep extra copies for yourself because some of the information is repeated when you fill out AOS.

From the appointment checklist from the official Montreal website: http://montreal.usconsulate.gov/visas/visas/immigrant-visas/appointment-checklist.html

"Form DS-230 (175KB PDF), parts I and II, or Confirmation Page of the electronic form DS-260."

If you have the DS-230 you don't need the DS-260.

Edited by pocheros

Timeline

HELP...LOL first be nice..pregnant mama here who is drowning in immigration papers as well as work papers and tax papers and and and....

I have misplaced my copy of DS156?? I have the kids and their barcodes..what do i do? If i re-do it will it mess everything up?? HELP

Ive also misplaced my DS160 confrimation but thats easy to reprint the confirmation page..:)

I have a funny feeling as I put everything else together i may be missing a few copies..God I hope they keep their copies I mean really...lol

SO scared as due date coming quick and i need them to say yes at my april 25th interview..

Thanks In Advance.

Timeline

Just do another DS form.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.