melvaique

administrative processing

5 posts in this topic

hi,everybody.I attended my visa interview at the u.s.embassy here in seoul,south korea on 13th.febuary 2012.The interview was successful but they gave us form 221g form requesting affidavit of support.We provided the required document on 29th of febuary 2012 and my wife submitted it to the embassy along side my international passport and filled the courier service return form.The consular officer accepted it and told us that the visa would be ready in 5 working days.Two weeks passed my wife became apprehensive coupled with the fact that she was 8mnths pregnant and had wanted to deliver in the u.s. to enable her stay us stay close to her mum during labour.So she went to the embassy to enquire about the status of my immigrant visa case and the consular officer told her it is under ADMINISRATIVE PROCESSING and would not give her any further information.She being more apprehensive coupled with the fact that we have an immediate business transaction that needed me to present my international passport,they handed her the passport with another form 221(g)-white form that reads U.S.A .embassy refusal worksheet stating--

The u.s.embassy was unable to issue you visa because of one of the following reasons in the box marked x;the box marked X reads *ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING* My wife collected the form and my passport and told them that we would return the passport the following day after the business transaction, i tried takng back my passport to the embassy the following daybut the security man spoke to a consular officer who asked me to go home and wait that they know about my case.

Now today is one month passed since the submition of all the necessary documents and yet we are yet to hear anything from the embassy which makes it more confusing on the next action to take because my wife would be giving birth any moment from now and we are still here.She is so worried right now and her mum too.

So am asking if anybody has any useful information on what this entails and the next action to take ?Does this mean denial since my passport is still with me?Does anyone has a similar scenerior and what is the best thing to do at this point.

Also I tried checking the visa status using my case number but no information comes up,may be the website i used wasnt right.Can anyone possibly provide us with a website that may give us the status of my case now?

Any other useful information would also be appreciated.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Administrative processing can be many things.. checking document verification/ name checks/background checks. there is nothing that will make it go any faster. The only thing you can do is call/email or check the website of the embassy and call Department of STate as well to find out the current updates.

You can get your congressman/senator involved at about 5 months.. they may get involved sooner but most wait until that time to get involved.

AP is basically a blanket term to tell you that there is still some work to be done on your case and until it's finished the visa can't be issued.

Hopefully it won't take so long...

10/02/2010 Nikah/Marriage in Karachi
USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
03/24/2011 i 130 approved!!!
NVC JOURNEY
03/30/2011 NVC received case-04/07/2011 NVC Case Number Assigned
05/03/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!-05/17/2011 Received interview letter and info via email
EMBASSY JOURNEY
05/20/2011 Medical Appt/passed
06/15/2011 Interview result AP
06/21/2011 Submitted requested docs..under review
07/25/2011 CO called did phone interview result: PENDING MANDATORY AP/CO told us they have to do namechecks

03/07/2013 Case returned to USCIS waiting for NOIR/reaffirmation

04/18/2013 USCIS received case for review

08/19/2013 Received NOIR to respond by 9/18/2013

9/9/2013 Responded to NOIR/USCIS received documents awaiting response

9/20/2013 USCIS reaffirmed sent to embassy

1/04/14 Case opened for review

8/31/15 Interview- no questions visa approved on the spot

9/8/15 visa status issued

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

thanks for your kind reply and advise.I now know more about the administrative processing term but the confusing thing in my case is that the form 221(g).form was issued to my wife along side my passport just because she asked them about the status of my case.I feel they did it out of annoyance and as it stands the tone of the form reads refusal.Is it possible to call of my case just like that without any other reason apart from the administrative processing term?.below is the tone of the letter--

u.s.department of state

THE FOREIGN SERVICE OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

REFUSAL WORKSHEET

DATE:15 MARCH 2012

VISA SYMBOL- CR1

CASE NO;***********

NAME* **************

Dear visa applicant

This office regrets to inform u that it is unable to issue a visa to u because u hav been found ineligble to receive a visa under d followin sections of bla bla bla------.The information contained in the paragraphs marked X pertain to your application.

X* section 221(g) which prohibits the issuance of a visa to anyone whose application doesnot comply with the provisions of the immigration and nationality act.The following remarks apply in your case*

X* Further consideration will be given to your visa application after u obtain and present the documents listed above and/or the following*

ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING

WARNING: IF YOU FAIL TO TAKE THE ACTION REQUESTED WITHIN ONE YEAR FOLLOWING VISA DENIAL UNDER SECTION 221(G) OF THE IMMIGRATION AND NOTIONALITY ACT,SECTION 223G REQUIRES YOUR APPLICATION BE CANCELLED.

Sincerly your,

Note pls:all required documents has being submitted and certified ok and interview was ok too.why the tone in the letter can someone please explain more.confusiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnng!opsssssssssss!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

its just a form saying your visa is refused AT THAT MOMENT but more work will be done and once the work is completed the visa can be issued.

It's not a denial but a wait we have more work to do kinda thing...

10/02/2010 Nikah/Marriage in Karachi
USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
03/24/2011 i 130 approved!!!
NVC JOURNEY
03/30/2011 NVC received case-04/07/2011 NVC Case Number Assigned
05/03/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!-05/17/2011 Received interview letter and info via email
EMBASSY JOURNEY
05/20/2011 Medical Appt/passed
06/15/2011 Interview result AP
06/21/2011 Submitted requested docs..under review
07/25/2011 CO called did phone interview result: PENDING MANDATORY AP/CO told us they have to do namechecks

03/07/2013 Case returned to USCIS waiting for NOIR/reaffirmation

04/18/2013 USCIS received case for review

08/19/2013 Received NOIR to respond by 9/18/2013

9/9/2013 Responded to NOIR/USCIS received documents awaiting response

9/20/2013 USCIS reaffirmed sent to embassy

1/04/14 Case opened for review

8/31/15 Interview- no questions visa approved on the spot

9/8/15 visa status issued

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.