JP&EQ

Receipt of Passport Stamp/ K-1 Visa

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

In Ghana you pick the packet 3 and 4 on the same day , and as for the time for the interview, you have to be looking at 4 to 5 month from the day of picking your packets. I am waiting until July for my interview

Met through a friend on Facebook

Visited Accra on June 26, 2011 ( For two weeks)

Sept 14, 2011 Mailed the petition express

Sept 16, 2011.................................... NOA 1

Feb 01,2012...................................... NOA 2

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Once you pass the Interview at the US Embassy in Accra, how long does it take for them to issue the Visa in your Passport, please?

It used to be a few days to a week or so, but currently, the Accra embassy is backlogged on visa issuance. It now takes anywhere from 3 weeks to a month or more. My friend's wife's took a month and a week, and my wife will be going for hers this Friday, March 30th (her interview was on March 8th).

You can't lower a pint-sized container into a well and expect to pull back a gallon of water - Mrs. Georgina Asamoah (my 4th grade "no nonsense" teacher who kicked our butts for being little rascals lol)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Sometimes people are told to come on a certain day and when they go they are told that their visa was not printed and they have to come back. This is not in all cases but it is not unheard of.

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

In Ghana you pick the packet 3 and 4 on the same day , and as for the time for the interview, you have to be looking at 4 to 5 month from the day of picking your packets. I am waiting until July for my interview

I think they mean how long after the interview does it take for the visa to be issued.If thats the case i have heard three weeks to a month although in some cases it has taken considerably longer.There arepeople have been told to come back several times and have not still received it well over ther one month period.

Filed: Country: Ghana
Timeline

it took well over 2 months before i got my visa in hand after going for the interview in December of 2011. they misplaced my file and my wife had to get her congress man involved. so have in mind that the worst can happen but it rarely does so dont panick. lol

uKsoKfowKerdna

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

it took well over 2 months before i got my visa in hand after going for the interview in December of 2011. they misplaced my file and my wife had to get her congress man involved. so have in mind that the worst can happen but it rarely does so dont panick. lol

WOW - that is a long time. Was hoping it was still next week! However the responses imply from 3 weeks to several months - eeeks.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.