jluke257

Visa Payment for Russian beneficiary and child

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

To whom it may concern:

I need some help. I need to pay for the Visa to get the interview scheduled at the embassy in Moscow and I have a couple of questions.

1. Can my fiancee use my credit card for online credit card payment of the visa?

2. It only asks for $350 for payment of the visa so that we can schedule the appointment. Where / when do I pay for her son's visa?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jeremy

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

To whom it may concern:

I need some help. I need to pay for the Visa to get the interview scheduled at the embassy in Moscow and I have a couple of questions.

1. Can my fiancee use my credit card for online credit card payment of the visa?

2. It only asks for $350 for payment of the visa so that we can schedule the appointment. Where / when do I pay for her son's visa?

Jeremy

As far as I know, online credit card payment isn't possible but perhaps there are particulars at your embassy that make it possible though I very much doubt it. If her son is relocating with her, then you have to pay for his visa at the same time because he has to be given a visa too together with your fiancee.

All the best!

jin5xmldq.png

09/23/2010- Met online

12/23/2010- Met in person in Kenya

02/01/2011- Visited him in China

02/14/2011- He proposed while I was in China

07/09/2011- Moved to China to be with him

12/19/2011- Went to US to meet his family

01/08/2012- Went back to China with him

02/29/2012- Went back to Kenya to await fiancee visa :-(

02/07/2012: I-129F Sent

02/10/2012: USCIS received I-129F

02/10/2012: NOA1 date

02/15/2012: Touched

02/22/2012: NOA1 received in mail

05/05/2012: Broke up :(

Based on timeline data, your I129f may be adjudicated between July 6, 2012 and July 9, 2012*.

"Where there is faith

There is a voice calling, keep walking

You’re not alone in this world

Where there is faith

There is a peace like a child sleeping

Hope everlasting in He who is able...

It is a wonderful, powerful place

Where there is faith" 4Him

Timeline

As far as I know, online credit card payment isn't possible but perhaps there are particulars at your embassy that make it possible though I very much doubt it. If her son is relocating with her, then you have to pay for his visa at the same time because he has to be given a visa too together with your fiancee.

All the best!

Thanks for your response. The Embassy in Moscow does accept online credit card payments. They are very specific about asking for $350 for the visa so that the interview can be scheduled. Obviously this is the cost of only one visa. I think they changed the system they use at the Embassy in Moscow in the last year. I am hoping someone has been through this specifically for a Russian beneficiary can offer some advice.

Thanks again for your help.

Jeremy

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Thanks for your response. The Embassy in Moscow does accept online credit card payments. They are very specific about asking for $350 for the visa so that the interview can be scheduled. Obviously this is the cost of only one visa. I think they changed the system they use at the Embassy in Moscow in the last year. I am hoping someone has been through this specifically for a Russian beneficiary can offer some advice.

Thanks again for your help.

Jeremy

I've asked the Mods to move this to the RUB regional forum where you'll get the correct answers from folks who are going through or recently been through Moscow.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline

Yes you can. set up your account here. http://cgifederal.force.com/ Just hope you can get an appointment date. there dont seem to be any available

Thanks.

My fiancee has already created a profile here. There is no where to add her son to her profile. He is 5. He needs his own profile? I know they must both be at the same interview so it doesn't make sense to have a separate profile for him and schedule a separate appointment.

Jeremy

Timeline

Thanks.

My fiancee has already created a profile here. There is no where to add her son to her profile. He is 5. He needs his own profile? I know they must both be at the same interview so it doesn't make sense to have a separate profile for him and schedule a separate appointment.

Jeremy

If he's going to be a K-2, then normally he just tags along with his mother. You list him on the DS-156K for your intention for him.

Timeline

If he's going to be a K-2, then normally he just tags along with his mother. You list him on the DS-156K for your intention for him.

Thanks for the response. We are going to try it that way. I had received an email for the embassy to schedule the appointment which I forwarded to my fiancee. She received a letter in the mail yesterday that basically said the same thing. The notification that was sent to her had both her and her son's name on it though. I guess I'll pay for her visa so we can get it scheduled and take it from there.

Jeremy

Edited by jluke257

Timeline

To whom it may concern:

Jeremy

Don't forget that you have to make a visa payment for the child as well and he has to have his own medical performed.

Timeline

Don't forget that you have to make a visa payment for the child as well and he has to have his own medical performed.

Thanks. This is the real issue. There is no where to add him to her profile on the web form. At the main dashboard page for her login there is a section that says "family members". Here it says "0". There is no way that either of us can see to add family members. So it only asks for $350 payment for her visa.

I don't know what to do. I've tried calling every number for the Moscow embassy I have found in documentation. The 888 number that is given doesn't work. One of the +7 Russian numbers works but the people that answer the phone do not speak English at all and my Russian is extremely limited at this point. The other numbers don't work.

Jeremy

Timeline

Thanks. This is the real issue. There is no where to add him to her profile on the web form. At the main dashboard page for her login there is a section that says "family members". Here it says "0". There is no way that either of us can see to add family members. So it only asks for $350 payment for her visa.

I don't know what to do. I've tried calling every number for the Moscow embassy I have found in documentation. The 888 number that is given doesn't work. One of the +7 Russian numbers works but the people that answer the phone do not speak English at all and my Russian is extremely limited at this point. The other numbers don't work.

Jeremy

Emailing always worked for me....at least back in 2009

Timeline

Emailing always worked for me....at least back in 2009

Thanks. I finally found a phone number that took me through an IVR system that eventually enabled me to speak with someone at the embassy in Moscow. They said I had to create a separate profile for my fiancee's son on the cgifederal.force.com site and to schedule his interview directly after her interview in the system.

I will schedule the interview by phone now through this number anyway after we make the payment for the visas. Also, I learned that while they do take online credit card payments for visas and that someone other than the beneficiary's credit card can be used; the credit card must be a Russian (rubles based) credit card.

Jeremy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.