thailen

Double Visa Re-Entry Visas - True?

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Thailand
Timeline

My Philippina girl friend is planning to come to Thailand for six months. A friend who married a filipina told me before they were married, she would come here on a 30-day visa and during that time, could fly to Vientiane and get two 60/30 day visas at the same time, aqllowing her to stay up to 210 days. Is this correct? If not, what IS correct about extending her stay here?

This is US immigration forum not Thailand.

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

My Philippina girl friend is planning to come to Thailand for six months. A friend who married a filipina told me before they were married, she would come here on a 30-day visa and during that time, could fly to Vientiane and get two 60/30 day visas at the same time, aqllowing her to stay up to 210 days. Is this correct? If not, what IS correct about extending her stay here?

She will be given 30 days upon entry. Prior to that 30 day event she will have to get a new visa or extension. Unless things have changed she can get one 30 day visa by paying the going rate. That can be done 3 times & done inside Thailand. It would help to know where she will be staying to say where she would get these visas. That info can be found on line.

I dont know about flying to Vientiane. I have taken my husband there many times by traveling to Nong Kai then crossing the Mekong into Lao which is the city of Vientiane. This is done to make it possible to enter a Thai embassy which may be required after the initial visas have nearly expired. This almost always requires at least one nights stay due to timing at the embassy. If you go there do not fall prey to the people across the street from the embassy.

Overstays are expensive & never forgiven so beware. Its about 30 dollars per day.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.