Jamie and Shirley

Any way of telling the time it will take...

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Hi all, our paperwork was returned to CIS Vermont after NOA2 in January by NVC because of a minor mistake (missed checking a box) and we haven't heard anything from them. The lady at my local CIS office called Vermont because it has been so long since my service request and they acknowleged that they had my case, but that they were very behind. Is there any way to track or know approximately how long it is taking these returned cases to process? Is it listed any place? It has been over sixty days since the return. This is worse than waiting for the NOA2 because we are completely in the dark :(

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

OMG! This is so painful! I've never heard such a thing ... can you tell us more details? how many days took after NVC received your case? I'm really sorry and I truly hope to hear good news of you soon!

event.png

event.png

AOS I-485:

Package sent: October 10th

NOA1: October 18th

Biometric Letter: October 20th

Biometric apt: November 16th

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Hi, I think most are familiar with my case, but I will summerize it - simply so others do not make the same mistake.

We received our NOA2 on Dec 30th and NVC gave us a case number on Jan 12th. They noticed that I missed checking the box that says I was never convicted of a felony (the lady at NVC told me this information) and sent it back to CIS Vermont. Vermont received it on the 18th of Jan.... and there it has sat. Nothing I have done has made any difference.

The ladies at my local New Orleans office have been very nice and have submitted service requests along with memos stating that Shirley is pregnant hoping that someone would simply go ahead and resend me the I129f so that I could correct it and send it back. I just got back to the U.S. today from another visit with her (4 in the last 1.5 yrs) and visited the office just before I left. They placed a call to Vermont and all they did was verify that they had the paperwork and that they were very behind (which I expected, but I cannot stand to sit around and do nothing but wait).

Also, while in Malaysia, I visited the consulate to see what could be done. The answer was nothing (which I thought would be the case, but I had to try). I was nice to go in an see the place and meet the people though. It wasn't nearly as menacing as I thought and everyone seemed very nice :)

So let this be a lesson to you.... DO NOT MAKE A MISTAKE ON YOUR FORMS or you will suffer my dilema for sure. Also, learn this lesson... DO NOT HIRE AN ATTORNEY unless you have an extra special case. My attorney was expensive and has accomplished NOTHING for me. I know that the mistake was mine, but i paid him a large sum of money to ensure that the papers did not go out with mistakes. The ONLY thing he did was send them out with a notice that we had representation. Save the big money for something else, like your AOS. You can make a mistake all by yourself and it will not cost you a stupid amount of money.

So my original question is: Can I track the progress of returned cases like mine some place? Is the something like an expected processing date, such as with the NOA2?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.